Hawk

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
I'm considering a Bronco Sport, although I'm not sure which trim level I prefer. One thing I'm not sure I'll like is the copper/orange plastic trim pieces under the touch screen and on the doors. While some photos make it look like these pieces are fairly low key, other photos make it appear as if these trim peices are bright orange, which I don't particularly like. For those that own a Badlands or have seen them in person, how brightly orange are these trim pieces? Would it be possible to change them out or alter them if they are too bright?
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Those trim pieces come in both a bright orange and a pretty low-key bronze and some other colors too. It depends on the Badlands that you order what color they will be. The '21 Badlands package upgrades you to a leather interior and changes the orange parts for a bronze color. I think the '22 Premium package works the same way, but just check when you shop.

This is a pic of my cubby area with a flash that makes the color show as much as possible. When I am driving around, it just looks like the area around the ignition switch. This is the Badland package color.

It would be possible to remove and paint/wrap it. But that is a severe amount of work. You have to pull the whole radio and screen and the whole a/c vent and instrument cluster to release this piece.

Ford Bronco Sport Question for the Outer Banks/Badlands Owners img_20210907_075756209-

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm considering a Bronco Sport, although I'm not sure which trim level I prefer. One thing I'm not sure I'll like is the copper/orange plastic trim pieces under the touch screen and on the doors. While some photos make it look like these pieces are fairly low key, other photos make it appear as if these trim peices are bright orange, which I don't particularly like. For those that own a Badlands or have seen them in person, how brightly orange are these trim pieces? Would it be possible to change them out or alter them if they are too bright?
Ford Bronco Sport Question for the Outer Banks/Badlands Owners ford-bronco-sport-2021-17-dashboard--front-row--interior

There are other trim colors.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I have an OB. The trim is what I would call a bronze. Low key, not orange. I tried to take pictures, but my phone made it look brighter.

OP
OP
Hawk

Hawk

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
Those trim pieces come in both a bright orange and a pretty low-key bronze and some other colors too. It depends on the Badlands that you order what color they will be. The '21 Badlands package upgrades you to a leather interior and changes the orange parts for a bronze color. I think the '22 Premium package works the same way, but just check when you shop.

This is a pic of my cubby area with a flash that makes the color show as much as possible. When I am driving around, it just looks like the area around the ignition switch. This is the Badland package color.

It would be possible to remove and paint/wrap it. But that is a severe amount of work. You have to pull the whole radio and screen and the whole a/c vent and instrument cluster to release this piece.

Ford Bronco Sport Question for the Outer Banks/Badlands Owners img_20210907_075756209-
Thanks! Bronze I can handle!

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
My OB has the bronze/copper trim. When I saw the pics on Ford's website I thought it was kinda ugly but when I saw it in person it was really Ok looking....I don't mind it at all

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
The orange is less bright orange than you might think. It honestly works really well as an accent color, especially with a blue exterior like area 51. It's definitely orange, and if it covered larger areas, it might be too much, but I find it to be a really nice touch with the way they've done it.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Darker copper, more like a burnt copper. (EDIT: This sentence wasn't intended to survive in my reply.)

Thanks! Bronze I can handle!

2021 Bronco Sport, Badlands edition, Badlands leather package (Ebony & Roast) -- trim color is somewhere between copper-bronze and oiled bronze, depending on ambient lighting levels, origin, and lighting polarization.

Last edited:

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I have the Badlands and the trim is Bronze. Nice contrast to the dash.

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
I have a OB and I think the bronze looks pretty nice, not cheap or gaudy, kind of looks upmarket.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The difference between the OB and Badlands is much more than interior and exterior trim.
The Badlands package delivers a much better drivetrain and performance features that are not availabe with the OB.
Examples to name a few.
More powerful engine.
More goat modes.
Better rear drive unit.
More towing capacity.
Better suspension.
Raised height.
Front camera.
Skid plates.

I dont understand why people get stuck in thinking the interior trim accents on the Badlands are orange.
I have an Area 51 Badlands, the interior trim accents are definitely not orange, the only orange color I have are the Badlands stickers on the driver and passenger doors.

Last edited:

MAGPLM

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands & 2023 Maverick AWD FX4
The difference between the OB and Badlands is much more than interior and exterior trim.
The Badlands package delivers a much better better drivetrain and performance features that are not availabe with the OB.
Examples to name a few.
More powerful engine.
More goat modes.
Better rear drive unit.
More towing capacity.
Better suspension.
Raised height.
Front camera.
Skid plates.

I dont understand why people get stuck in thinking the interior trim accents on the Badlands are orange.
I have an Area 51 Badlands, the interior trim accents are definitely not orange, the only orange color I have are the Badlands stickers on the driver and passenger doors.
I agree 100%! I don't have any orange or bronze on my Badlands at all. Only orange I had was ugly sticker as well, but I replaced with better Badlands emblem.
Ford Bronco Sport Question for the Outer Banks/Badlands Owners thumbnail_IMG_0185
Sponsored