Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Is it legal to have white light on the side of the vehicle? I think that you can only have amber or red light on anything but the front.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
CRS §42-4-215 (4-5) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two side cowl or fender lamps which shall emit an amber or white light without glare.
Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than one runningboard courtesy lamp on each side thereof, which shall emit a white or amber light without glare.

Every state is different, but this is Colorado's statutes. Last I looked at Washington's (because some jackass's green headlights annoyed me) it was roughly the same.

OP
OP
Glamdring70

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I would be interested in seeing how these would operate. DRL lights until you pull the turn signal then they flip to amber lights.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VD794H5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KTG7Y9KB45STR8BSZ2QB
It would install about the same. The box on the harness would have some sort of transistor that when hit with the power from the blinker line, shunts the juice to cut off the white and illuminate the amber. I would have liked that version if instead it was a DRL operated amber that instead had current interrupted by the blinker signal. As it is built, it might be illegal for street use as typically white light is only allowed to face forward when a vehicle is travelling forward. It would be a minor thing but some cops will pull you over even for clear plate covers.

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
Nah. A couple other people posted their installs too, for anyone looking for more pics. They're still working and haven't popped off or anything. Next I want to get the signal to give more than three blinks but I learned that's possible with ForScan. Some cars let you do it with a user-selectable setting. But Sync 3 on a Ford, nooooo.
I finished the fender side lights over the weekend. Connected them to my turn signals, and I like them alot. This also has them come on with the hazard lights. Nice. Thanks to all who posted pics. It went very easy.

Codysooz

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I finished the fender side lights over the weekend. Connected them to my turn signals, and I like them alot. This also has them come on with the hazard lights. Nice. Thanks to all who posted pics. It went very easy.
Pics? Are the turn sigs separate from the headlights?

Tectico

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 mt82 / 2016 Camaro 2SS tr6060
The white can simply be wires as a courtesy light and light the amber use as signal or side marker

OP
OP
Glamdring70

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Today's change: The other, other cover.

Had the engine cover and the hood insulator from the factory. But there is another... for the firewall. As far as I can tell from research, the Outer Banks get these installed, but not other trims or packages. I expect at least +10hp and -10dB of cabin noise for the effort!

Ford Bronco Sport Project O'Bronco IMG_20220505_115018143

Ford Bronco Sport Project O'Bronco IMG_20220505_114938938

Total cost, about $50 a.k.a. 10,000 Ford Points including the push-retainer hardware.
Line up the insulator and install the 4 "nuts" to hold it. I used an 11/32" nut driver to push even and firm and save my thumbs; and also face it, what else can you use an 11/32" driver for these days?
Time required: 5 minutes.
Skill level: 1.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I'm gonna need to see some data on this...
No data required. Sounds “pun intended “ like a net gain of zero!

Nismo180sx

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend, 1989 Nissan 180sx

Had the engine cover and the hood insulator from the factory. But there is another... for the firewall. As far as I can tell from research, the Outer Banks get these installed, but not other trims or packages. I expect at least +10hp and -10dB of cabin noise for the effort!

Total cost, about $50 a.k.a. 10,000 Ford Points including the push-retainer hardware.
Line up the insulator and install the 4 "nuts" to hold it. I used an 11/32" nut driver to push even and firm and save my thumbs; and also face it, what else can you use an 11/32" driver for these days?
Is that part# for a bag of 4 nuts or do I need to order individually?

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

IMG_20220505_115018143.jpg

IMG_20220505_114938938.jpg

I might have missed it but what does the other insulator do?

OP
OP
Glamdring70

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Is that part# for a bag of 4 nuts or do I need to order individually?
That's a bag of 4.
I might have missed it but what does the other insulator do?
Ostensibly it will soundproof a bit. Emphatically it uses those plastic posts that otherwise sit there doing nothing!

The most engine noise I hear comes from those transmission clicks in 3rd gear. At some point I either need to have a dealer replace the parking release cable or get the improved part and do it myself. While I'd rather foist that onto Ford's dime, getting appointments at the local dealership is about as easy as scheduling a dentist with no appointments for weeks!

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES

IMG_20220505_115018143.jpg

IMG_20220505_114938938.jpg

Nice one. I’m going to have to look into that.
Sponsored