Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
From what so can gather, it seems like the two ways to negotiate price are with an x plan by getting a membership to Mustang Owners of America (which, as I understand it, requires 2 months of membership) OR by negotiating your trade-in amount.
Is there any other “tricks” for getting a better price?
Sponsored

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Awhile back you could get the X plan by purchasing 100 shares of Ford stock.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
From what so can gather, it seems like the two ways to negotiate price are with an x plan by getting a membership to Mustang Owners of America (which, as I understand it, requires 2 months of membership) OR by negotiating your trade-in amount.
Is there any other “tricks” for getting a better price?
While "technically" you need to have 2 months of membership.. but people have reported to be able to generate their X-Plan pin upon receiving their membership Number.

Really it depends on the dealer.. but most people have reported that dealers are not checking your membership date.

It's a $25 gamble...

SixMileSC

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLK, Subaru Outback
X-plan not allowed for Bronco Sport and Bronco.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
X-plan not allowed for Bronco Sport and Bronco.
I think you're correct about the Bronco, but not the Bronco Sport. I'm going through the financing for my Bronco Sport with an x-plan pin now.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
X-Plan is not available for 2021 Bronco.. I believe they will be offered in 2022.
X-Plan is Definitely offered for Bronco Sport except for First Editions.

SixMileSC

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLK, Subaru Outback
Ah, well, I contacted a dealer in WV (who is selling both Broncos and Bronco Sports at $1000 under invoice, (though with $250 "document fee"), and he wrote me that X -Plan is not available for either one. I'll ask him to double-check.

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
X-Plan is not available for 2021 Bronco.. I believe they will be offered in 2022.
X-Plan is Definitely offered for Bronco Sport except for First Editions.
Has someone been denied xplan for FE? Should be eligible

Ford Bronco Sport Price negotiating with dealer?? Screenshot_20201215-081008_Chrome

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I have seen some Dealers deny X-Plan for FE.. but I didn't know it was available. Thanks for clearing that up.

teschmann

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It certainly appears the X-Plan pricing is available on the FE. The screen shot above includes a discounted X-Plan price for it. Can the commenter cite a source for information stating the X-Plan pricing does not apply to FE? I have not seen that anywhere. My understanding is the X-Plan is available for Bronco Sport but not for Bronco.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I'm using x-plan for a First Edition right now. Maybe other dealers aren't honoring it, but it's not like they aren't allowed to. My dealer said there were no issues when they gave me the monthly payment options (including the x-plan discount). I'm just getting things lined up ahead of time so I'm not at the dealership for hours when my vehicle shows up (supposed to arrive in next 2 weeks).

FWIW, Ford Credit financing options for the Bronco Sport are not going to be as good as you can find on existing models (i.e. you can't get a 0% loan for more than 36 months for the Bronco Sport, whereas you can get it for 60 months on other models, like the Edge).

The options on offer were:

0% for 36 months
0.9% for 48 months
1.9% for 60 months

Ford thinks demand for the Bronco Sport will be high enough for the foreseeable future that they don't need to further incentivize buyers. Until dealer inventory is built up (and not turning over quickly), it's hard to argue they're wrong.

STEVEN TILLETT

First Edition
First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO SPORT
I'm new to this 2021 Bronco Sport forum but let me clarify the A,Z,D and X plan pricing models.
"A" Plan are Ford Motor Company Employees and their direct family Son, Daughter, Spouse, Dad etc.
"Z" Plan are retired Ford Motor Company Employees and their direct family members as well.
"D" Plan are Ford Dealer Employees and their direct family members and requires documentation.
"X" Plan is for Ford Partner Organizations that have a partner code similar to a FIN for Fleet Partners.
Let me be absolutely clear on this point as I've been a Fleet Manager for 20 years with dealerships
in the Houston, TX area. If a Ford dealer accepts X-Plan pricing for any X-Plan vehicle they must accept it for every vehicle that is included in the X-Plan pricing agreement. This is a direct Partnership Agreement with the Ford Motor Company which "all" Ford dealerships must adhere to.
Reserve your vehicle using the zip code of your preferred dealer, fine tune your order with them and when your vehicle arrives present your appropriate Plan Pin number and you're done is just that simple. Specialty vehicles such as the Shelby GT 500 and Raptor or other type vehicle is excluded.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Has anyone had any luck negotiating the price of the Bronco Sport who don't have the x plan or any other type of Ford membership? Or, is there any way to get a discount or rebate off the MSRP? It seems like dealers won't budge on the price since the Bronco Sport is so new.

MiHusker

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Energi, Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Has anyone had any luck negotiating the price of the Bronco Sport who don't have the x plan or any other type of Ford membership? Or, is there any way to get a discount or rebate off the MSRP? It seems like dealers won't budge on the price since the Bronco Sport is so new.
Right now, you are probably only going to be able to get a lower price with x-plan. Once dealers have inventory built up, they will be more willing.
Sponsored