MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Silly question, what are these "z plans" and "x plans" everyone is talking about.... if I ordered in October would this $1000 off apply?
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm
X plan. I consider it about the same as the lowest price a good negotiator (ie: not me) could get out of a dealer. You’ll often be eligible through your employer if they purchase Ford fleet as mine does.
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do
Your employer (or other X plan eligible) would have a partner code you can use to login & generate a PIN. The dealer will then take proof of eligibility (in my case all I needed was my contract work ID badge).
My dealer accepted it, & though I don’t have final pricing in hand, it saved me about $2K over what they were otherwise willing to offer.
Sponsored

thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had ordered my Bronco Sport last year when they had the $1000 off promotion. When I went to pick it up in January, the dealership said that the promo expired.

Anyways I threw a fit (waterworks and all) and they gave it to me. It definitely soured the experience, and I was trying to dig up offer details while sitting at the dealership. I would recommend saving the promotion on your phone.

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
I had ordered my Bronco Sport last year when they had the $1000 off promotion. When I went to pick it up in January, the dealership said that the promo expired.

Anyways I threw a fit (waterworks and all) and they gave it to me. It definitely soured the experience, and I was trying to dig up offer details while sitting at the dealership. I would recommend saving the promotion on your phone.
That’s terrible. That dealer deliberately tried to take advantage of you and pocket the cash.

Find a new dealer

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
All incentives and rebates are in addition to plan pricing. If a dealer tells you it’s one or the other they are lying to you. The $1k bonus cash for ordering is still in effect, seen that when I was at the dealer Monday.

You also get to choose what incentives/rebates you want, the ones available at time of order or the ones available at time of purchase, depending which ones are better. That goes for the Ford Credit finance specials too.
So my best bet would to be do my order with X-plan at the dealership and ask what incentives I qualify for as well while I'm there?

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
So my best bet would to be do my order with X-plan at the dealership and ask what incentives I qualify for as well while I'm there?
Exactly. You will get the $1000 bonus cash for ordering. Don’t know if there are any other bonus cash offers right now. Also check Ford Credit promotions if you plan on financing through them. If they have special financing rates right now you would be eligible for those as well at time of purchase.

You can ask the dealer but I would do my own homework too just in case they leave something out. As President Reagan said , trust but verify.

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
Exactly. You will get the $1000 bonus cash for ordering. Don’t know if there are any other bonus cash offers right now. Also check Ford Credit promotions if you plan on financing through them. If they have special financing rates right now you would be eligible for those as well at time of purchase.

You can ask the dealer but I would do my own homework too just in case they leave something out. As President Reagan said , trust but verify.
So the dealership isn't honoring X-plan pricing for dealer inventory which is understandable. They have BS BB en route that was previously spoken for but is now available. I've been pre-approved through my bank but I was told today that they wouldn't be accepting outside financing ??? ? Is this typical or are they just trying to push me towards Ford credit?

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
So the dealership isn't honoring X-plan pricing for dealer inventory which is understandable. They have BS BB en route that was previously spoken for but is now available. I've been pre-approved through my bank but I was told today that they wouldn't be accepting outside financing ??? ? Is this typical or are they just trying to push me towards Ford credit?
Wow. That’s different. Yeah sounds like they are pushing Ford Credit. Must be a kickback or extra fee in there they get for using Ford Credit. I’ve never heard of denying outside financing.

FYI, Ford Credit did have a couple financing specials going. Might be worth investigating. Just sayin…

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
Wow. That’s different. Yeah sounds like they are pushing Ford Credit. Must be a kickback or extra fee in there they get for using Ford Credit. I’ve never heard of denying outside financing.

FYI, Ford Credit did have a couple financing specials going. Might be worth investigating. Just sayin…
Yeah it threw me off a little. I'll ask about financing incentives for sure. I talked to a manager and he said the same thing about not taking outside financing. I told him my banks interest rate and he replied wow that's and agressive interest rate.

He quoted invoice @ 31,437.40 for a 2022 BS BB with convenience and tow package

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The discounts are above and beyond the “x” plan. They are incented to push Ford credit. They gave me an extra 1000.00 off my Escape if I financed with them. I had to make at least 2 payments then I was free to do what I want. My Escape MSRP was about 23K but after “z” plan and 4K in incentives, it was less than 15k. Those were the days. This is why I’m getting mine at Granger.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

That’s terrible. That dealer deliberately tried to take advantage of you and pocket the cash.

Find a new dealer
x2. You get the rebate when you place an order within the promotional period, not when the vehicle arrives. It could arrive a year later but as long as you ordered it while rebate was offered you're supposed to get it. They also lied about it expiring as its now been extended to April.

Would definitely find a different dealer from now on.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
I ordered a 22 OB in Oct, picked up 1/31. Dealer honored x-plan and I got the $1K bonus cash for ordering. Did read ystdy the $1K bonus for ordering has been extended into April 22.
In my case against full MSRP, taxes and tag, x-plan, + taxes and tag saved me a total of $1752. Plus I got the $1K bonus so $2752 off MSRP + TTT in FL.
In normal times, one could usually do better, but in today's market -- I'm very satisfied. Dealer was up front the whole time.

Last edited:

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
I ordered a 22 OB in Oct, picked up 1/31. Dealer honored x-plan and I got the $1K bonus cash for ordering. Did read ystdy the $1K bonus for ordering has been extended into April 22.
In my case against full MSRP, taxes and tag, x-plan, + taxes and tag saved me a total of $1752.
In normal times, one could usually do better, but in today's market -- I'm very satisfied. Dealer was up front the whole time.
I saw a BS TV commercial mentioned something about $1000 cash back but I couldn’t find that info on Ford website yesterday. So this offer has to be on going when I take delivery for me to capture the discount? I got a bad feeling my January order is not going to show up by April :(
But if I supposed to able to have the $1k cash back… that should been documented on the order right? Nobody mentioned that to me. Maybe it’s not available here in California?

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
I saw a BS TV commercial mentioned something about $1000 cash back but I couldn’t find that info on Ford website yesterday. So this offer has to be on going when I take delivery for me to capture the discount? I got a bad feeling my January order is not going to show up by April :(
But if I supposed to able to have the $1k cash back… that should been documented on the order right? Nobody mentioned that to me. Maybe it’s not available here in California?
As far as I am aware the $1000 bonus cash is for ordering a vehicle, period. Don’t believe there are any geographical restrictions. Not all vehicles are eligible but the Bronco Sport definitely is.

Also, all offers and incentives in effect at the time of order are locked in, regardless of what the dealer may or may not tell you. That’s goes for Ford and Ford Credit. You can also opt for whatever offers or incentives are in effect at the time of delivery, if they would happen to be better.

Do your homework and make sure the dealer isn’t “forgetting” to let you know about all the offers you may be eligible for.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
As far as I am aware the $1000 bonus cash is for ordering a vehicle, period. Don’t believe there are any geographical restrictions. Not all vehicles are eligible but the Bronco Sport definitely is.

Also, all offers and incentives in effect at the time of order are locked in, regardless of what the dealer may or may not tell you. That’s goes for Ford and Ford Credit. You can also opt for whatever offers or incentives are in effect at the time of delivery, if they would happen to be better.

Do your homework and make sure the dealer isn’t “forgetting” to let you know about all the offers you may be eligible for.
Dealer should be able to confirm $1K bonus applies to your order. A few days after placing my order I inquired if it applied to me. Salesman advised my order was "locked in". I did receive it.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
it is a bit weird. I called the dealer sales department and someone says they don't know about it and I should check with Ford. personally I think it was conveniently ignored.

I called Ford and someone told me they don't know about this order $1k incentive??!!

then I saw it on the TV commercial again this morning.

the car shopping experience these days are just frustrating.
Sponsored