brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My collision avoidance has worked a few times on my BS, I can be aggressive coming up behind slower drivers getting into left turn lanes and as I approach them at or above the posted speed limit, the instrument cluster flashes red and the alert beeps. Worked perfect on my Ranger too. ?
Sponsored

SaabBoy2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-5 (2X) Saab 9-3
I don't want to stir the pot too much but if you have some free time watch these 2 YouTube videos. They talk about the same tests but each explain the pre-collision tests differently.

Reducing pedestrian crashes is the goal of new IIHS ratings - IIHS News - YouTube

Tests Show Most Automatic Braking Systems Don’t Work With Pedestrians - YouTube

Here's a third video that looks to be a more detailed breakdown of the first 2.

IIHS Pedestrian Autobrake Tests – Audi, Ford, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Subaru - YouTube

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I don't have my BS yet to test. I did have a Prius with collision avoidance and it was damn impressive!
We were doing 65 on I-40 and some guy decides to take my lane (no signal, no edging in, just cut the wheel over) while going far slower than we were. He was three car lengths ahead of me when he made his move. The Prius and I saw it at the same time and reacted. The Prius was HARD on the brakes as I was just moving my foot which would make it ~3/10ths of second faster than I would have been.
I think the Prius got us down to about 40mph before it decided it was safe enough to let off the brakes. It was a close thing. On my own I might not have hit that car but it would have been REALLY close.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I don't want to stir the pot too much but if you have some free time watch these 2 YouTube videos. They talk about the same tests but each explain the pre-collision tests differently.

Reducing pedestrian crashes is the goal of new IIHS ratings - IIHS News - YouTube

Tests Show Most Automatic Braking Systems Don’t Work With Pedestrians - YouTube

Here's a third video that looks to be a more detailed breakdown of the first 2.

IIHS Pedestrian Autobrake Tests – Audi, Ford, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Subaru - YouTube
That was very informative on how that system works , was just curious as to where our Broncos finished in that round of tests .

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 1.5 BigBend
Does this actually stop the car at some point or just a screen warning. I have gotten the red screen several times when a car was turning in front of me and I didnt slow down enough I guess.
After the warning it should automatically brake when a collision is imminent. It happened to me with a pedestrian, alert + automatic braking.

Reactions: Jrl

SaabBoy2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-5 (2X) Saab 9-3
That was very informative on how that system works , was just curious as to where our Broncos finished in that round of tests .
Unfortunately those videos were made before any of us knew the bronco was coming out again. You can still use the iihs site to compare but be aware they mainly test at extremely low speeds. They test at 12 MPH 25 MPH and 37 MPH. The bronco actually hit the test dummy at the 37 MPH test and we still got the highest grade. I know a lot of people are NOT going to be happy about this but the pre-collision system is a joke and these grading scales should be false advertising. This isn't just the Bronco or Ford, all of these pre-collision tests are lacking. Check out the competitors in the search box in this site.

2021 Ford Bronco Sport (iihs.org)

Ford Bronco Sport Pre Collision system is not working Capture.BRONCO.IIHS.JPG

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
My Big Bend pre Collision sensor is not working at all. I never get any warning alarm or anything. I even set the sensitivity on high.
So I took it to the Dealership, waiting and wasted time for a day and got this answer.
They said they found error codes in the system for the fault but they don't know how to fix that because Ford Motor Company has no published material at this time for this concern ( as the car is still too new) .
????‍??
That seems very odd sicne the system has been used on many different Ford Models.....very odd they cannot troubleshoot.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
I’ve gotten the warning twice, once in 25 MPH city traffic which seemed to be a false alarm. Second time was dense high speed freeway traffic and a large rubber door mat was blowing around in the lanes, the alert system knew it was a problem several seconds before I did (my brain was busy leaving a voicemail for a customer). In neither instance were the brakes activated.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
After reading this thread and adjusting my pre-collision sensitivity to the highest setting, I experienced it for the first time. It definitely gets your attention.

I also experienced it braking for the first time yesterday. Coming back from a state park on a paved road with no shoulder I came up on a bicycle rider. The pre-collision sensors picked up on him at quite a distance and braked hard. I like the security of having a back-up in case I miss something. Redundancy is good in anything that is important.

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 1.5 BigBend
I have taken my Bronco Sport to the dealership and they have fixed the problem with the pre-collision system. It was simply a Software problem, they updated it again and it worked correctly.

The best way to test the pre-collision warning is to put on high alert sensitivity and accelerate behind a moving car, the pre-collision warning light should appear and you will have time to stop (if you do not brake, the pre-collision system should do it autonomously but I do not recommend it because it would be dangerous).

Then I will try to upload a video where the pre-collision warning appears.

Last edited:

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
mine did this the other day and i wasnt happy about it:mad:
Was moving at 20-25mph in an intersection from a stop and then suddenly the precollision assist detected a moving bike (at the bike lane)from my right and applied the brakes full force. Cars behind me started honking caused we stopped in the intersection for no reason at all :(
Good thing no crash happened

casanovg

Big Bend
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Toyota Etios
I have taken my Bronco Sport to the dealership and they have fixed the problem with the pre-collision system. It was simply a Software problem, they updated it again and it worked correctly.

The best way to test the pre-collision warning is to put on high alert sensitivity and accelerate behind a moving car, the pre-collision warning light should appear and you will have time to stop (if you do not brake, the pre-collision system should do it autonomously but I do not recommend it because it would be dangerous).

Then I will try to upload a video where the pre-collision warning appears.
Hi Santiago,

I'm also from Argentina. Do you have more details regarding this issue? What system is the updated software for, what version solves it, etc? I'm having exactly the same problem with my Big Bend. Which was the dealer that fixed it for you?

Thank you!
Sponsored