Pre Collision system is not working

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'm kind of old school, when things had to be right before release or else companies failed. I remember software releases being delayed 12-18 months in alpha and beta stage getting it near perfect before release. The instant-gratification culture of the internet and the ability to patch buggy technology remotely has changed the expectation of consumers. Many are hungry for the latest tech and seem willing to accept flaws and bugs over delays, which if that becomes the criterion, can lower the manufacturer's level of rigor in quality control.
I agree that there is a lot of technology packed into these vehicles, but I would prefer less tech to buggy tech. They don't call it bleeding edge technology for nothing.
Well said and excellent points. It's the speed of society and news today. Better to be first, flawed, and inaccurate as opposed to right and deliberate. Social media is the news outlet.
Sponsored

Brad Urton

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
There is a minimum speed component for the systems to operate, so keep that in my if you intend to test it out.

I agree with the points being made but I'm sure Gov't regulators and insurance companies and the like have the expectation that safety systems should be working as intended, but I've been wondering about this stuff myself. In my case though, I have co pilot 360 system and not 360+.

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 1.5 BigBend
I have taken my Bronco Sport to the dealership and they have fixed the problem with the pre-collision system. It was simply a Software problem, they updated it again and it worked correctly.

The best way to test the pre-collision warning is to put on high alert sensitivity and accelerate behind a moving car, the pre-collision warning light should appear and you will have time to stop (if you do not brake, the pre-collision system should do it autonomously but I do not recommend it because it would be dangerous).

Then I will try to upload a video where the pre-collision warning appears.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
In the first week of driving the system went off twice. One time it was a false positive. It grabs your attention way before it's an emergency. I am glad it's there, though.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I have taken my Bronco Sport to the dealership and they have fixed the problem with the pre-collision system. It was simply a Software problem, they updated it again and it worked correctly.

The best way to test the pre-collision warning is to put on high alert sensitivity and accelerate behind a moving car, the pre-collision warning light should appear and you will have time to stop (if you do not brake, the pre-collision system should do it autonomously but I do not recommend it because it would be dangerous).

Then I will try to upload a video where the pre-collision warning appears.
???

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
Does this actually stop the car at some point or just a screen warning. I have gotten the red screen several times when a car was turning in front of me and I didnt slow down enough I guess.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
darn....another thing I need to check...
and they had all 2020 to test this crap

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Does this actually stop the car at some point or just a screen warning. I have gotten the red screen several times when a car was turning in front of me and I didnt slow down enough I guess.
I don’t think so I think it just alerts you, but it makes me feel like a bad driver ... lol

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
I don’t think so I think it just alerts you, but it makes me feel like a bad driver ... lol
We all drove (at least 95+% of us) cars without these safety features and we were fine as we were all driving defensively, nothing beats that. As for releasing untested features, thats not how software works, especially for someone’s safety, everything has/must be tested with pass/fail scenario. Maybe production lines were cost cutting and still wanting to ship on time and had to cut some QA checks which they think always passed historically and safe to just sample these checks in 10 out of 100 built cars.
anyway i love the bronco and this forum. Learned a lot here :handsinair:

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Does this mean dummy pedestrians were hit during testing?
Ford Bronco Sport Pre Collision system is not working D7F5F838-608B-4B62-A7DF-A23EBE97895E
Yes Vince and Larry took a 1 mph and a 3 mph hit but a person can survive those though. 25 and 37 mph and a person probably wouldn’t.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My Big Bend pre Collision sensor is not working at all. I never get any warning alarm or anything. I even set the sensitivity on high.
So I took it to the Dealership, waiting and wasted time for a day and got this answer.
They said they found error codes in the system for the fault but they don't know how to fix that because Ford Motor Company has no published material at this time for this concern ( as the car is still too new) .
????‍??
I have 2100 miles on the BS and have not seen mine come on. The other day in Dallas, traffic stopped abruptly and I had to brake hard, the sensor never warned. I'm going to adjust the sensitivity after reading this thread.

Checked and the sensitivity was on "Normal." Increased it. Agree with the poster that we have driven most of our lives without this technology. No doubt it can save lives and injuries, but I've driven for 60 years and never run into anything. The sensors do make me more comfortable in places like Dallas where there is always multiple moving objects to keep track of and everyone is driving too fast, coming through intersections after the red is on etc. I need to get to the mountains. I'm tired of these concrete canyons.

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I drove over 1,000 miles and never ever saw the alert come on. I've been struggling with the SYNC update and I think it installed yesterday, and the alert came on for the first time ever. I wonder if the software update affected it?
Sponsored