Power Liftgate - Does it exist on any BS?

younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
Hello All,
I've tried to research and no luck. Haven't asked the dealer yet as well but thought I ask here now. Does any trim on the BS have a power liftgate.
Thanks
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
No, none of them do. Whether it might be possible with escape parts could be another question, but I’d not count on it even with the creativity for modding that happens here.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
This is the main thing I miss from my '15 Escape Titanium. It was also hands free.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
What is this “power lift gate” you speak of? I’m just finally learning how to deal with the automatic transmission. Good thing the shift “knob” is below where a normal shift lever would be.

OP
OP
younglefthander

younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
I didn’t think the Bronco Sport did, just wanted to ask just in case. We had a Mazda CX-5 that did and my wife misses that feature. Probably will look at a BS down the road but honestly without that feature she will not want.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I didn’t think the Bronco Sport did, just wanted to ask just in case. We had a Mazda CX-5 that did and my wife misses that feature. Probably will look at a BS down the road but honestly without that feature she will not want.
Yeah, the BS doesn't have that, but I'm sure a mod will be out for it...... like this!

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hello All,
I've tried to research and no luck. Haven't asked the dealer yet as well but thought I ask here now. Does any trim on the BS have a power liftgate.
Thanks
If your talking about a button on the inside dash that open the tailgate for you right??? If s9 they stopped putting them in all models built aftrr jul 28 2021

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I guess you'll have to spend some time thinking about "BS or Wife" ???

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Didn’t Ford introduce that feature where you walk up to the hatch and stick you foot under the bumper to open the hatch? Seems odd to not have it but I do think the BS was designed on a strict budget.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Didn’t Ford introduce that feature where you walk up to the hatch and stick you foot under the bumper to open the hatch? Seems odd to not have it but I do think the BS was designed on a strict budget.
I believe it was based on more than budget. Adding the weight of the required motors and actuators to the roof would further restrict the Bronco Sport's already low maximum dynamic load.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
And the BS believe it or not was designed as a rugged off road capable vehicle with some highway manners. For anyone needing a power/auto lift gate ..the BS was not designed with you in mind. It's an economy built adventure machine. Ford and other companies make several mall equipped luxury MUV (mall utility vehicles) with fine baby goat skin interior and pearl inlay dash and interior with the most plush and beautiful door to door carpet and shopping bag hooks to hang your days trophies in the back. I think an escape is what you want. (Sarcasm)

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
With the chip shortages, expect less and less vehicles to have it in the future.

Not to bash anyone's preferences, but honestly, that's a "must have" feature? How do you live with the other 4 doors having to be people-powered?

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
You say it sarcastically but I think you hit the nail on the head.
Come On! Give the guy a break. He obviously wants a Bronco Sport, but is lamenting the fact that his wife ain't gonna go there for oh so many reasons!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
You say it sarcastically but I think you hit the nail on the head.
I know everyone has special wants. There were things about the sport I absolutely wanted, having driven a 79 back in the day. The off road capabilities specifically and ability to handle crap weather. It's not designed to be comfortable, I like the bare bones interior with just enough tech and modern comforts. I like the rubber steering wheel and floors. If I wanted softer I would have bought the escape. Adding mall comfort like a lift gate with foot swipe balloons the cost and defeats the outdoors model dynamic.
Sponsored