Pics request: OEM Side Window Deflectors

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition
Hello. I’m checking out the OEM side window deflectors and searched the forums for opinions. There were a few but random and no dedicated thread. I like the look of the OEM over the Weathertechs so leaning in the OEM direction. If you have the OEM please post a pic and feedback. Otherwise any others that fit as flush and don’t bow out ? Pic for attention.
Ford Bronco Sport Pics request: OEM Side Window Deflectors IMG_4703
Sponsored

Bronchette

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OB/17 Forester/90 Celica/98 Sierra/16 Silverado
I had the OEM deflectors installed, but they're not lined up correctly (that's why no picture) and the dealer is going to redo. At first I didn't like how flush they were (my Forester's stuck out), but now that I've had them for a while, I like the fact they don't stick out.

Horse n Buggy

Badlands
First Name
Stoge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I installed the OEM available wind deflectors myself. It's not particularly difficult as it's just a 3m install, however due to the shaping of the deflector, so of the provided 3m wouldn't make contact, so I had to pack out those connections to get a good fit.

If you have a black top I think they blend in rather nicely
Ford Bronco Sport Pics request: OEM Side Window Deflectors 1000004511

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the OEM deflectors installed, but they're not lined up correctly (that's why no picture) and the dealer is going to redo. At first I didn't like how flush they were (my Forester's stuck out), but now that I've had them for a while, I like the fact they don't stick out.
Ah ok. The flush fitment is really nice. Good luck with the re-do 👍🏻

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the OEM available wind deflectors myself. It's not particularly difficult as it's just a 3m install, however due to the shaping of the deflector, so of the provided 3m wouldn't make contact, so I had to pack out those connections to get a good fit.

If you have a black top I think they blend in rather nicely
Ford Bronco Sport Pics request: OEM Side Window Deflectors 1000004511
Love them! The black looks nearly spot on to the roof which is a plus! Thanks for tip re 3m install - sounds like there’s enough extra to bulk up where needed?

Do they rattle or wind noise at all?

Horse n Buggy

Badlands
First Name
Stoge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Love them! The black looks nearly spot on to the roof which is a plus! Thanks for tip re 3m install - sounds like there’s enough extra to bulk up where needed?

Do they rattle or wind noise at all?
I just picked up a roll of 3m and stacked pieces where it wasn't making good contact, the 3m that comes preinstalled on the wind guard is a soft, foamy and thick 3m tape that I couldn't find at my closest auto store, so I settled for the thickest they had. I've not had any wind noise with them and any rattle was settled with 3m

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I’m pretty sure you can call 3m and get a roll of the exact stuff they use on the window deflectors. Just make sure to tell them exactly what it’s for, good luck

Uncle Buck

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Our Badlands had them already installed by the dealer when we bought it, so I will take some pictures for you.

I have to say I am not a fan. I seldom drive with the windows open due to noise, and they make it more difficult to clean the glass. I meant to pull them off last summer but just never got around to it. I will probably just wait for a warm sunny day this spring and park it outside to soften the adhesive and get them off.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
I installed the AVS side deflectors.
Ford Bronco Sport Pics request: OEM Side Window Deflectors 100_1829.JPG

sciurus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Apologies for the poor light, but here's a photo of my OEM deflectors. They were easy to install and visually blend in well. No complaints from me, except for how hard it is to roll up/down the windows just the right amount!

Ford Bronco Sport Pics request: OEM Side Window Deflectors 1000007600

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
I’ve been a long time user of the Weathertech in-channel vents so without hesitation I purchased them the same week I took delivery of my BS. I never had any issues with them and I really liked how flushed they looked. A week after I installed them I started to hear a rattle coming from the rear passenger side window. After some investigating I noticed that when I put the windows all the way up, the trim pieces surrounding the upper portion of the windows would move ever so slightly outwards. Never experienced that before with my other cars that I’ve installed them on. I wasn’t comfortable with that and the rattle so I immediately removed them. Despite this, there is still a rattle but only when the window is approximately 2-4” from the top. I’m not prepared to remove the door panel right now so I put small strips of self-adhesive pieces of felt in the window channel. Works for a while but the dreaded rattle returns… Can I be certain that this was a direct result of installing the W’tech vents? No. Like I wrote, I only had the BS for a week. Could’ve been there from the beginning. Anyhow, I went and purchased the OEM vents and I am surprisingly pleased with them. Very flat, flushed and it matches real well with the trim pieces and black roof.
As you can tell with the other pics on this thread.
Ford Bronco Sport Pics request: OEM Side Window Deflectors IMG_1593

Last edited:
OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our Badlands had them already installed by the dealer when we bought it, so I will take some pictures for you.

I have to say I am not a fan. I seldom drive with the windows open due to noise, and they make it more difficult to clean the glass. I meant to pull them off last summer but just never got around to it. I will probably just wait for a warm sunny day this spring and park it outside to soften the adhesive and get them off.
Pics wb great. I get what you’re saying and have those concerns. While I think they look great and add a beefy element, I need more review time on these. Your comments help. Thank you

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apologies for the poor light, but here's a photo of my OEM deflectors. They were easy to install and visually blend in well. No complaints from me, except for how hard it is to roll up/down the windows just the right amount!

Ford Bronco Sport Pics request: OEM Side Window Deflectors 1000007600
Thank you! The OEM match the black so nicely. Super flush too. Nice shot! Thank you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been a long time user of the Weathertech in-channel vents so without hesitation I purchased them the same week I took delivery of my BS. I never had any issues with them and I really liked how flushed they looked. A week after I installed them I started to hear a rattle coming from the rear passenger side window. After some investigating I noticed that when I put the windows all the way up, the trim pieces surrounding the upper portion of the windows would move ever so slightly outwards. Never experienced that before with my other cars that I’ve installed them on. I wasn’t comfortable with that and the rattle so I immediately removed them. Despite this, there is still a rattle but only when the window is approximately 2-4” from the top. I’m not prepared to remove the door panel right now so I put small strips of self-adhesive pieces of felt in the window channel. Works for a while but the dreaded rattle returns… Can I be certain that this was a direct result of installing the W’tech vents? No. Like I wrote, I only had the BS for a week. Could’ve been there from the beginning. Anyhow, I went and purchased the OEM vents and I am surprisingly pleased with them. Very flat, flushed and it matches real well with the trim pieces and black roof.
As you can tell with the other pics on this thread.
Ford Bronco Sport Pics request: OEM Side Window Deflectors IMG_1593
Thank you - agree they’re a great match:look. Sorry about the WT ones and noise but glad you ended up with something you like 👍🏻
Sponsored