ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Picked up a 2022 sport last night. Came with the 1.5ltr, B&O, etc. I'm new to ford so forgive my lack of knowledge for these but I'll try to research before doing stupid lol

I'm no stranger to fabricating and doing vehicle builds. I've done vettes, camaro's and Porsches mostly and this is my first non fast vehicle that I'm going to build up so we will see where it goes.

So far last night I ordered a lift kit, nudge bar, skid plate, wheel flares, commander throttle response wire, new component speakers. Still more to get but that's my first order.

I appreciate any input and will try to keep the thread up to date. This is my daily driver work vehicle so I'm just having some fun with it as I usually buy used vehicles for me(put on a lot of miles) and new for my wife but this is the first time I bought a new one for me and I plan on doing the usual stuff that will make the "don't alter it" people probably facepalm lol just being honest lol

Thanks for reading and pics coming soon as I start tearing it down... probably within the next two weeks.

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build unnamed
Sponsored

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Welcome Brian,
Certainly reads like you are off to a busy start with your "mods" I also have a 22 Outer Banks and am quite pleased with it.
Just suggestions mind you, but take a look under the dash over the passenger foot well. If there is a panel missing, (I think it is missing on all 22s). Check with your dealer and let them know and advise them you "want" it. Many forum members have gotten it as a warranty item. Lots of traffic on this forum about it. Also suggest mud flaps, (numerous dealers sell them on eBay) or use your Ford Pass points. You mention you have a lift on the way so guessing you have tires & maybe wheels in mind. I do read on here there are many more tire options if you go to 17" wheels.
Anyway, trust you got a good one and enjoy it.

OP
OP
ttt123

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Thank you. I do have wheels/tires on my list. just waiting to get the lift on before i decide. Mud flaps or as well.

From driving it last night.. Ford really did a nice job with these bronco. Drives really nice, loaded with lots of fun stuff and from the vids I've watched.. even this outer banks version does really well out in the country side.

All that coming from... don't throw the tomatoes.. a Chevy and Porsche guy lol

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Welcome Brian,

I hope you enjoy the forum and the Sport. I think you will find it's a pretty decent vehicle for what it is and what it costs. It's obviously not a Corvette or Porsche going around the corners or taking off from the light. It's also not a full size Bronco when going off road and the lift and larger tires will only help so much. That being said, it's exactly what Ford said it was. It's a fun capable little vehicle.

My son has an FJ and was in my Bronco for the first time this past weekend and was really impressed on the ride and the size inside. Most people that have been in have said similar comments. I'm sure you'll find the same.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Welcome, and don't dodge those tomatoes, wear them as a badge of honor! Or make ketchup...

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Welcome!!! I had an Outer Banks at one point too! It was a nice ride. You will enjoy it. Now I’m in an Badlands. Doesn’t have all the nifty insides. But I wanted more of the beefy stuff.

You are going to find some cool people, cool ideas and stories here. I apologize in advance for ribbing you. Cause I know I probably will at some point haha.

all in fun. Enjoy!

OP
OP
ttt123

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Sorry for the delayed response. This labor day weekend we went on a short vaca and had some fun.

We did take the bronco out to some local dnr roads and trails and took some videos. I had a motocross track built for my son in our back yard so I thought I'd see how it would do going over a couple jumps lol Also.. ya more I took a pic of it next to my other grey toy and .. I like it lol

Still waiting on all the upgrades I ordered to get here bronco just crossed 100 miles this weekend so i decided to just park it in the barn till i get everything for the tear down. I'll be posting up all the stuff going on shortly

1st vid is on my sons track.. very short and just seeing how it would do. this was the 2nd day i brought it home.

2nd video is long but it has some amazingly steep hill(small) climbs I did and wow that bronco did unbelievably well. the vid doesn't do it justice... it was looking at the sky just waiting to get over the top. In one of the hills you can watch the tires transferring the power from wheel to wheel .. quite impressive. Sorry but its a long one, and might have to search through it for the hills if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

OP
OP
ttt123

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Few pics of my two love birds.. they would have such beautiful babies :crackup:

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build 1

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build 2

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build 3

OP
OP
ttt123

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Passenger side lift kit is on and rear passenger door is waiting for the speaker connectors to get here. Fender flares are off waiting for the new ones to get here as well. would like to do everything for the the passenger side before moving over to the other.

The front strut lift install... kind of a pain in the butt. Not hard but tedious. Also for anyone doing it, be careful with that sprung tension. I've swapped out a lot of struts on my sports cars over the last 20 years and never really had any issues but last night when I THOUGHT I had relieved all pressure before unbolting it.... still sprung on me and hurt my wrist a bit. Just saying, be careful as there is a little more travel on them then it looks like.

Does anyone know the pos/neg speaker wire colors? The rear pass door has brown/purple stripe and brown/white stripe wires. I want to make sure I'm hooking them up correctly. All component speakers are getting Kicker KS series speakers. Not sure what I want to do about the sub yet. I'd like to keep it behind the panel and hidden and avoid a box in the back. I might do something custom with fiberglass and incorporate it into the rear panel ... not sure yet.

Lastly, anyone have a color idea for calipers? I'm leaning towards yellow 🤔

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build a

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build b

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build c

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build d

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build e

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build f

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
There have been some failures on those sway bar link extensions from Rough Country, you should keep an eye on those.

I don't think you have to remove the stock flares to put on the aftermarket ones. For sure not the ones that I have waiting to go on. From what I have seen the flares just mount over the stock ones.

OP
OP
ttt123

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
There have been some failures on those sway bar link extensions from Rough Country, you should keep an eye on those.

I don't think you have to remove the stock flares to put on the aftermarket ones. For sure not the ones that I have waiting to go on. From what I have seen the flares just mount over the stock ones.
Thank you for the heads up, I will keep an eye on them. they looked to be a little sturdier then the factory ones but aftermarket is rarely better then OEM so 🤞

I watched a video of the flare install and they pulled them off... I hope I didn't pull them off for nothing lol I'll find out

Thank you

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Thank you for the heads up, I will keep an eye on them. they looked to be a little sturdier then the factory ones but aftermarket is rarely better then OEM so 🤞

I watched a video of the flare install and they pulled them off... I hope I didn't pull them off for nothing lol I'll find out

Thank you
I hope I'm wrong about your flares. If you watched an install video then I most likely am wrong.

OP
OP
ttt123

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
One side calipers painted. I went with yellow thinking against the grey it would pop the best.

sure makes it easy with the vehicle only having 100 mikes on it lol clean and bolts come out without bloody knuckles

just having fun;)

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build 78C7454A-60D0-417A-810F-871720A71EF0

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build 26E9433B-6396-4C81-AB30-C28C143DA7C9

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build 360BCFC2-CDEE-4696-8D48-FCD9113AEE5F

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build 14928184-687C-46FF-9698-996617D736BB

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build 19094981-6A0E-4405-9BF9-D9AF07158AF1

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build 67A1435E-8185-4557-AB23-9383A7DB36F8

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Picked up a 2022 sport last night. Came with the 1.5ltr, B&O, etc. I'm new to ford so forgive my lack of knowledge for these but I'll try to research before doing stupid lol

I'm no stranger to fabricating and doing vehicle builds. I've done vettes, camaro's and Porsches mostly and this is my first non fast vehicle that I'm going to build up so we will see where it goes.

So far last night I ordered a lift kit, nudge bar, skid plate, wheel flares, commander throttle response wire, new component speakers. Still more to get but that's my first order.

I appreciate any input and will try to keep the thread up to date. This is my daily driver work vehicle so I'm just having some fun with it as I usually buy used vehicles for me(put on a lot of miles) and new for my wife but this is the first time I bought a new one for me and I plan on doing the usual stuff that will make the "don't alter it" people probably facepalm lol just being honest lol

Thanks for reading and pics coming soon as I start tearing it down... probably within the next two weeks.

Ford Bronco Sport picked up a sport, ordered all kinds of stuff last night. incoming build unnamed
Nice, I've had mine since January. Wasn't what I went in to buy but I drove away in it. I made a wise choice and really liking it so far. I couldn't help myself when it came to mods. I also got a Ford Visa Card with the deal so what better way to add points and customize at the same time. I've got a long list but here's my top mods not in any particular order.
Hood Struts from Redline. Should have been a factory add on for the OB but still well worth it. I also added ceramic window film for the front doors at 24%, same as the rest plus a strip on the windshield. Fits right in the Miami car scene with the full tint. A custom exhaust, I used two 2.25" Vibrant Resonators and ceramic coated tips. Sounds absolutely awesome, no drone, no teeth rattling growl and lightened it up a few lbs. Really made a difference in character, added a wee bit of power and mpg too. A CAI to compliment the custom exhaust, together probably my number one mod.
A couple of other tweaks included changing out the funky OEM Lugnuts. I used McGard Black Chrome nuts with Bronco logo valve stem caps. Also a Dash cover, low profile rain guards on the windows, hood deflector, LED rear lights, console lid pad, console cover, console tray and stainless sill plates and lastly Bronco letter overlays. I still have more in mind. This forum has really been helpful watching and learning from other Bronco enthusiasts. Have fun and good luck.
Sponsored