Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Thanks for the Link now IIRC some of the guys on here say it doesn't improve acceleration but in the link above it says this one does?Can you post a picture of it tucked behind the console?Thanks
The unit is hidden behind the console itself, there is nothing to see which was the point. Did you need a picture of the console?
Sponsored

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
The unit is hidden behind the console itself, there is nothing to see which was the point. Did you need a picture of the console?
I have a console so no!!I just thought a picture of it behind the console would be nice to see how you tucked it in there but if that's to much to ask never mind!!

OP
OP
Mwittke5857

Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Thanks so you like it more than the pedal commander?
I like the fact that I dont have a 3 foot cord & control pad to deal with. The Pedal Max does come with a controller but I dont need to use it for the unit to work. The web states it operates at 60% without the controller which still "feels" like another 20+ HP of acceleration. Turbo lag is greatly reduced, it's almost like a tune at 1/2 the price. DISCLAIMER, Your mileage may differ

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
You'll have to forgive me I'm a little sloppy with my self installs and explinations compared to a lot of the people on this forum. I removed the screw under this flap here ziptied the wire so it was secure and slid the controller behind that plastic panel so it's hidden. I use it through the wifi on my phone.

Ford Bronco Sport Pedal Commander throttle controller 1000004696

Ford Bronco Sport Pedal Commander throttle controller 1000004697
Thanks Nam3, for the idea. When I went thru the app lock-up predicament this week which I mentioned above, I detached my Pedal Monster unit from its "secure spot" (held only by duct tape :) ) above my dead-pedal, to be able to access the tiny back button for re-starting the Bluetooth pairing. Been busy all the rest of this week, so the darned thing was hanging down *onto* the dead pedal since then. Ugh!

One thing I like about your storage tactic, is that I can stuff it all in that little volume at the front of the console volume, but still pull it out if needing to fiddle with it like I had to this week.

BTW - All - I have one more update on my Monster. I now have pretty much a full tank of gas gone with my new hobby of driving with a throttle tuner. About the first third of the 220 miles on this, was with the Pedal Commander; and the other 2/3's was with the current gadget, my Pedal Monster. Bottom line turned out to be 18.0 MPG. I had both units cranked up to pretty aggressive levels; and for example I still have the Monster on Sport +8 (and I always drive in GOAT Sport mode). Today for fun, just before filling the tank and re-starting the trip-meter, I put it into GOAT Eco mode - just to see how it feels and works. Oddly, the combo (Sport +8, and GOAT Eco) feels a lot like just regular "Normal" GOAT mode, with no tuner. *YAWN* :D

Anyway, just one more gushy fountain of giddy feedback. There's this one turn I make on my way to work. You stop to turn left; then you do the turn and cross two lanes to get over to the right and then do a right turn about a half mile later. Used to be, I'd do the turn but there'd always be that lag - even in GOAT Sport mode. (Obviously - I always do this when there's no traffic around, and only in dry road conditions.) I could move out briskly and get across, and I'd just be getting to 8 or so over the speed limit before I had to lift off the gas and get on the brakes to do the latter right turn.

Now it has become one of my *favorite* parts of my morning commute. The several times I've done it with a tuner helping - wow! The Ford just blasts off like some kind of rocket. Seriously I have to aim carefully, or it'd go right over and keep going right - off into the grass there - like a guided missile! Blam! - dang it feels like way more HP than that little engine can actually put out. Now I have to lift off the throttle WAY before the right turn, to keep so its less than 8 over the limit. It's just amazing! Thanks to all, who mentioned and gave input on this here. It has truly transformed how this car drives. Now I need to calm down and stay safe with it.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
This is an interesting comparison that Banks compares his product with Pedal Commander.

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I like the fact that I dont have a 3 foot cord & control pad to deal with. The Pedal Max does come with a controller but I dont need to use it for the unit to work. The web states it operates at 60% without the controller which still "feels" like another 20+ HP of acceleration. Turbo lag is greatly reduced, it's almost like a tune at 1/2 the price. DISCLAIMER, Your mileage may differ
Is your mileage worse with it?And do you have the part number for the Pedal Max that you used?Summit Racing Shows them and says works for 1.5 Eco Boost Bronco Sport 21-23 with engine code 6?And do you know if the engine code is the 8 digit in the serial number?Thanks

OP
OP
Mwittke5857

Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Is your mileage worse with it?And do you have the part number for the Pedal Max that you used?Summit Racing Shows them and says works for 1.5 Eco Boost Bronco Sport 21-23 with engine code 6?And do you know if the engine code is the 8 digit in the serial number?Thanks
Best if you call JMS directly (after 11 am eastern) 601-766-9424, Ask for Frank and you can tell him I suggested that you call. Really great folks there

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
At least for the 2L engine, here is some info:

Banks Power page link

Banks Power SKU #64310

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Pedal Monster update: Been watching MPG with what’s now my second tank of gas while using this. Up now to an average of 19. So naturally I’ve decided to go up into Track +1 mode. So cool! I might start using this mode whenever I’m in the car alone… then ratcheting back to Sport +8 when the lady’s with me. Fun!

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Best if you call JMS directly (after 11 am eastern) 601-766-9424, Ask for Frank and you can tell him I suggested that you call. Really great folks there
I called JMS and asked for Frank and i said you told me to ask for him and ordered the Pedal Max from him!!He asked if your name was Steve?He gave me 10% off the price he said he thought this forum had a discount code or something like that!!

OP
OP
Mwittke5857

Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
I called JMS and asked for Frank and i said you told me to ask for him and ordered the Pedal Max from him!!He asked if your name was Steve?He gave me 10% off the price he said he thought this forum had a discount code or something like that!!
Weird hours but a great company to work with. Im glad it worked out for you & I know you wont be disappointed!

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Weird hours but a great company to work with. Im glad it worked out for you & I know you wont be disappointed!
He said he was going to ship it on Thursday since i called him between 12:30 and 1 pm on Thursday!!But said he would send an e-mail of the invoice but i didn't get one Thursday!!I called back to ask about it Friday and the recording said closed Fri,Sat and Sunday so yes weird hours!!I just hoped they shipped it Friday if not it looks like it won't be until Monday since they're closed on Fridays!!He said i should get it Monday or Tuesday we shall see i guess!!
Sponsored