BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
The best part is that you retain the various transmission "modes" AND have the greater throttle response. That "pretty touchy off-idle" will subside as you get used to it
Agreed. I'm already starting to adapt to it, even though it's only been a day now. I'm still amazed by this gadget. I tried a bunch of situations where I used to see big throttle lag, while in GOAT Sport mode:

1. Stopped at a red light
2. Coasting on city streets, anything from 35-50 mph
3. Throttle open a little, maintaining speed on a freeway, 60-75 mph
4. Pushing into the throttle after making a city street turn, 20-30 mph
5. Others come to mind too but I don't remember all of em

...the device worked like a charm in all the above, today. It feels almost like a different car now, and with quite a bit more "right-now" power and torque.

The only other possible issue I noticed today, is I am definitely using more fuel now (of course!). I'm always a leadfoot in my Ford; so its lifetime MPG average is about 20.6 mpg I believe. Today, watching the instantaneous mpg readout in the IP, it seemed to dip lower under full throttle - especially in the above situations I listed. But man what a blast! So far, and I have very little to go on (I'm gonna reset my trip mpg tmro to see, but it'll take a week or two before I get any real insights) - it seems like I will drop from 20.6 to maybe 18 or 19 mpg. Maybe I will care in the future. But I'm not someone who cares hugely about mpg - witness what I owned in the past :)
Sponsored

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the Raptor forums a lot of people with the peddle commander have had CEL issues. If you start to see a CEL, first unplug the peddle commander to debug.
Good idea, will keep that in mind. I will be a pretty good test case here, at least for us 2L BS owners, since I'm so cruel to my poor car. I beat on it like the proverbial step-child! :D ...not really, but yep more than some owners, I imagine.

I wonder too though, if Raptors are kind of wound tighter anyway from the factory (plus, Raptor owners likely tend to be pretty aggressive drivers anyway). If that's a factor, it might mean a smaller margin in the powertrain control module before a CEL is triggered. We'll see I guess.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

Nam3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I used to be in the school of "just press the gas pedal harder" until I was gifted a pedal commander. I a firm believer now. It really wakes up the vehicle. I have one on my escape and my f150. It truly does make a hell of a difference.
I've tried to explain to people it's not that simple. You can't recreate the feeling of a touchy pedal by just pressing it harder. You don't have to set it super sensitive either. If you ever wanted something between normal and sport or normal and eco you can do that.

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Food for thought.
Biased? Not sure but an interesting
comparison.
That’s a great video!! While I don’t know if Banks compared to the current shipping Pedal Commander, even if the video was only fractionally accurate, it’s hard to understand why anyone would purchase Pedal Commander unless (1) they are unaware of the Banks PedalMonster Product or (2) the Banks PedalMonster Product doesn’t support their vehicle.

And under certain circumstances, if the video is accurate, the Pedal Commander is stated in the video to be dangerous.
I wouldn’t install either or any ‘pedal commander’ on a vehicle I own so I have no skin in this game, but if I had installed Pedal Commander I’d be thinking about how soon I could remove it.

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I have the 1.5 in my BS BB!
So you're using it on a BB BS with the 1.5 correct?I'm confused when you mouse over under your screen name it shows you have a Badlands unless you have 2 BS's?

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Food for thought.
Biased? Not sure but an interesting
comparison.

Thanks Wireman. I watched the video, and Mr Banks does have some good points. I decided to order one, then compare my two new throttle tuners and return the worse one. I like the fact that the Pedal Monster is made in USA, that it pulls its DC power off the OBD2 port, and that Banks offers some gauge gadgets that might allow me to retire my ScanGauge. I will report back here.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
… Banks offers some gauge gadgets that might allow me to retire my ScanGauge. I will report back here.
Would like to hear your feedback if you test out the Banks iDash digital gauge, when I did a search for the Bronco Sport in the iDash Parameter & Banks IDs PID/BID List I didn’t find BS. Wasn’t sure what parameters are supported on the gauge for the BS.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Thanks Wireman. I watched the video, and Mr Banks does have some good points. I decided to order one, then compare my two new throttle tuners and return the worse one. I like the fact that the Pedal Monster is made in USA, that it pulls its DC power off the OBD2 port, and that Banks offers some gauge gadgets that might allow me to retire my ScanGauge. I will report back here.
I can’t wait to hear your report! I like the idea that Banks won’t go into limp mode. I sure wouldn’t want that while on the highway in the middle of no where.
Sponsored