Bigbend410

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Two week owner of BB 1.5 L . It was the last one available in my area so I took it at sticker price. Drove it on a 1,100 mile jaunt thought Az. It averaged 29.9-34.1 at 70-80 MPH on highway. Not bad. Better mpg than my 2018 1.5 L 4wd Escape which averaged 26-28 mpg on same highways. BTW I lived my entire life in SoCal San Gabriel Valley cities. Had many HP vehicles. Big HP is way over rated on crowded FWY’s
Sponsored

Bigbend410

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
New to the forum and curious about the 1.5L turbo. I've had the 2.0L in a 2017 Escape and know that it is more than adequate power for a Bronco Sport. I'm interested in feedback from 1.5L owners about their experiences. I am leaning toward an Outer Banks with 235s on factory wheels. I don't do any off-roading. I just like the looks of the Sport as it reminds me of my 2012 Escape and want 4WD for occasional snowy conditions here in STL.
I have a 2018 Edge 2.0 a Lincoln MKC 2.0 and they both have considerably more power than the 1.5 four cylinder engines that I had in my 2016 and 2018 Escapes. That said the Escapes were both adequate and got better milage that the 2.0’s. Now the Escape has been replaced with a BS BB 1.5 three cylinder. After the first 1,800 miles I am happy with it. Milage is great with average 25-29 combo and up to 29.9-34.1 highway and more power that the 1.5 fours.

jon.smith76063

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
We bought my wife a BL/BL. Originally she wanted an OB due to the creature comforts but after doing research I convinced her to change her mind. Would she have been happy with the OB? Yes but to me having the bigger engine, better off road capabilities and extra cooling was worth the additional 2K. Essentially her BS has every option available with the exception of the larger tires. In my experience having the BL upgrades is akin to carrying a concealed handgun, I would rather have it an not need it, than need it and not have it.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
We bought my wife a BL/BL. Originally she wanted an OB due to the creature comforts but after doing research I convinced her to change her mind. Would she have been happy with the OB? Yes but to me having the bigger engine, better off road capabilities and extra cooling was worth the additional 2K. Essentially her BS has every option available with the exception of the larger tires. In my experience having the BL upgrades is akin to carrying a concealed handgun, I would rather have it an not need it, than need it and not have it.
Poor analogy , full size Spare Tire would be more like it . Your life will probably never depend on a couple more HP .

jon.smith76063

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Poor analogy , full size Spare Tire would be more like it . Your life will probably never depend on a couple more HP .
It's a perfect analogy. Do you have reading comprehension issues? A full size spare would be part of the "BL upgrades" that I referred to in my original post.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
BL higher ground clearance, more capable 4wd system, skid plates, off road suspension, more powerful eng. So it is more capable vehicle. A huge unexpected snow storm occurs and you are out some where. Which vehicle would you rather be in?

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I've used horsepower to drive out of bad situations when braking would have ended badly. Large debris on the highway is what comes to mind. Not enough distance to brake, and a complete stop on an interstate is not a good idea, but taking a lane in front of another driver is an option if you have enough horsepower.

Also had an 18 wheeler come alongside and then just decide to take my lane. The choices were full on brakes at 65 mph, hit the dirt to my right or foot down and get back in front of him. I didn't drive into his blind spot he drove around me and I assume he forgot I was there.

First Name
Stasie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
New to the forum and curious about the 1.5L turbo. I've had the 2.0L in a 2017 Escape and know that it is more than adequate power for a Bronco Sport. I'm interested in feedback from 1.5L owners about their experiences. I am leaning toward an Outer Banks with 235s on factory wheels. I don't do any off-roading. I just like the looks of the Sport as it reminds me of my 2012 Escape and want 4WD for occasional snowy conditions here in STL.
I have been driving my OB since April and I love it. I used to have a 2018 Ford Explorer and its just a tad bit slower, but not an extreme. My MPG vary. Some days I get 26 and other days I get like 29 city driving.

WIBronco

Badlands
First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have just under 14,000 miles so far since the end of January. I am averaging 30 mpg with a combination of city and highway driving (anywhere from minor stop and go to 72 mph). I am usually in Eco mode since this is my regular commuter car.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL higher ground clearance, more capable 4wd system, skid plates, off road suspension, more powerful eng. So it is more capable vehicle. A huge unexpected snow storm occurs and you are out some where. Which vehicle would you rather be in?
My Super Duty ,
but really , all that stuff you mention is really not needed . The 14 years of my 2x F150 , I did just about everything you can describe with out all those thing & no Four wheel Drive . Beach Sand also , for years , you just have to know how to drive , even with the M/S Michelin street Tires I had on . We are talking about muddy dirt roads in hilly Ohio at hunt camp & also driving back through West Virginia in snow storms where multiple cars & trucks were overturned on the side of the road ,because the snow was frozen over , let me tell you going through those Mountain Highways on ice covered snow is not for the faint at heart . So spare me all that drama about an all wheel drive system , that my BS has any way . If I was younger & didn't care about our new BS , I would show you its capability & follow you any where , but my wife would shoot me if I even put a chip in the paint of here baby , so You all can go for it with your big powerful motor , I'll watch my wife's happy face every time she drives the BS .

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've used horsepower to drive out of bad situations when braking would have ended badly. Large debris on the highway is what comes to mind. Not enough distance to brake, and a complete stop on an interstate is not a good idea, but taking a lane in front of another driver is an option if you have enough horsepower.

Also had an 18 wheeler come alongside and then just decide to take my lane. The choices were full on brakes at 65 mph, hit the dirt to my right or foot down and get back in front of him. I didn't drive into his blind spot he drove around me and I assume he forgot I was there.
Please , Ya & loud exhaust pipes keep you from getting into accidents.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Super Duty ,
but really , all that stuff you mention is really not needed . The 14 years of my 2x F150 , I did just about everything you can describe with out all those thing & no Four wheel Drive . Beach Sand also , for years , you just have to know how to drive , even with the M/S Michelin street Tires I had on . We are talking about muddy dirt roads in hilly Ohio at hunt camp & also driving back through West Virginia in snow storms where multiple cars & trucks were overturned on the side of the road ,because the snow was frozen over , let me tell you going through those Mountain Highways on ice covered snow is not for the faint at heart . So spare me all that drama about an all wheel drive system , that my BS has any way . If I was younger & didn't care about our new BS , I would show you its capability & follow you any where , but my wife would shoot me if I even put a chip in the paint of here baby , so You all can go for it with your big powerful motor , I'll watch my wife's happy face every time she drives the BS .
You remind of an old man with a hat that said "the older I get the better I was." . :)

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please , Ya & loud exhaust pipes keep you from getting into accidents.
I rode a super loud Yamaha RD 350 back in the '80's and still had an old lady in a station wagon just move straight into my lane. I was right next to her passenger door and looking right her. I went up a driveway apron and on to the sidewalk at 30 mph.
Sponsored