Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I have zero faith in my dealer here in Tucson. I had to spend a lot of time on the phone to just confirm they received the "reservation," and I placed it during the first 10 days of the opening. I am assuming a lot of people are going to be very disappointed by the process and will be either left-out or shuffled to the back of the line as their orders are screwed up, e.g., lost orders, wrong options, etc.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
My dealer just told me that Ford is going to be building demonstrators first do that people can actually sit in them and look at them and then, if they want the car, they will build. Probably not until December. So my “order” had not really been converted yet.

Maybe it reflects a lack of faith in the vehicle or counting pennies or covid. I don’t know but a little unhappy surprise.

I’m r maybe the dealer doesn’t really know. Though they are one of the top truck dealers in Pacific Northwest they may still not know about this vehicle.

vronca

Badlands
First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 XLT
I got an email from my dealer yesterday stating that I need to finalize any changes to my order by this Friday, October 9th. Is that the actual deadline for orders, or just an arbitrary date my dealer picked?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
I finally got a confirmation letter from Ford... However it's not the exterior and interior color that I want. I had my dealer change the exterior and interior color when they put the order through so I am wondering if Ford just emails what was originally put on the reservation.

@Granger Ford ... Have you had customers who changed their color selection from the reservation but the confirmation email kept the old colors?

Thanks in advance.
We have changed colors and I do not know it the buyer ever received a correction on it we printed out the build and gave that to them for reference...

In the past with other retail orders we could change the color and options up until a VIN was produced and then all changes are stopped...

MountainGirl

First Edition
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Expedition
@Granger Ford Thank you for taking your time to help all of us! Ford should be paying you as a marketing rep for them.

Like everyone else, I am over READY to get Vin # and build date. As of yesterday my dealership said that they still have no #, but that the order is in. As a FE (almost) owner, any idea what order the production will go? I know you said mannequins 1st but what comes 2nd?

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
@Granger Ford Thank you for taking your time to help all of us! Ford should be paying you as a marketing rep for them.

Like everyone else, I am over READY to get Vin # and build date. As of yesterday my dealership said that they still have no #, but that the order is in. As a FE (almost) owner, any idea what order the production will go? I know you said mannequins 1st but what comes 2nd?
It would make logical sense for the FE (FIRST Editions) to be built & delivered first.. but.... who knows what Ford is planning.

I hope you do get yours' first!!! Early congrats!?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2781

What we know up to this point is production begins Oct 26. First Edition first, followed by Badlands (because they are so similar).

There may be newer/updated production info I haven't seen yet, but the above is what has been made known.

edit: this is for production, not commenting on delivery. shipment will go when carriers are full or it otherwise make sense economically/logisitcally. i'd wager some FE's and BL's will arrive simultaneously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
We have VIN's for our mannequin models only the retail orders still have not received their VIN's...

What we know up to this point is production begins Oct 26. First Edition first, followed by Badlands (because they are so similar).
The first one built will be the Ford vehicles (crash test and internal drivers) for quality control reasons...

The Second round will be the Mannequin models (which have scheduling already)

Next will be the FE's (unless you order has a restricted item)

Then the remaining Bronco Sports according to material availability…

They do not build them by similarity, we have received many f-150's that are sequential VIN's and the same build dates that differ in color and model (XLT, Lariat and Limited)...those 3 were the last ones that we received in VIN sequence order...

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
We have VIN's for our mannequin models only the retail orders still have not received their VIN's...

The first one built will be the Ford vehicles (crash test and internal drivers) for quality control reasons...

The Second round will be the Mannequin models (which have scheduling already)

Next will be the FE's (unless you order has a restricted item)

Then the remaining Bronco Sports according to material availability…

They do not build them by similarity, we have received many f-150's that are sequential VIN's and the same build dates that differ in color and model (XLT, Lariat and Limited)...those 3 were the last ones that we received in VIN sequence order...

For clarification, is the Cargo Management System considered a restricted item that could potentially delay production of a First Edition?

Thanks....

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
If im reading this correctly Ford website currently has the cargo management delay posted to spring 2021. Anyone else have any different intel?
Ford Bronco Sport Order Status on Ford's site Screenshot_20201013-151939_Chrome

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
If im reading this correctly Ford website currently has the cargo management delay posted to spring 2021. Anyone else have any different intel?
Ford Bronco Sport Order Status on Ford's site Screenshot_20201013-151939_Chrome
Interesting because the salesman at my dealership added it and when I called a couple weeks ago to get clarification I never heard back.

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
Interesting because the salesman at my dealership added it and when I called a couple weeks ago to get clarification I never heard back.
Yeah same, I called and delaer had no idea, said they would get back to me. I like the cargo option but not quite enough to wait until March.

SoCalBronc

Badlands
First Name
Vickii
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW x3
I can't get my dealer to answer questions about that either. They were supposed to answer me before placing the order but placed the order anyway and are now ignoring my questions about it. Based on other posts here, people are saying this has to be added at factory and can't be added later, so if that's true, then....we all have to wait several more months?
Sponsored