Order Status on Ford's site

OP
Rane

Rane

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara
What we know up to this point is production begins Oct 26. First Edition first, followed by Badlands (because they are so similar).

There may be newer/updated production info I haven't seen yet, but the above is what has been made known.

edit: this is for production, not commenting on delivery. shipment will go when carriers are full or it otherwise make sense economically/logisitcally. i'd wager some FE's and BL's will arrive simultaneously.

Last edited:

Granger Ford

Badlands
First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Like everyone else, I am over READY to get Vin # and build date. As of yesterday my dealership said that they still have no #, but that the order is in. As a FE (almost) owner, any idea what order the production will go? I know you said mannequins 1st but what comes 2nd?
We have VIN's for our mannequin models only the retail orders still have not received their VIN's...

What we know up to this point is production begins Oct 26. First Edition first, followed by Badlands (because they are so similar).
The first one built will be the Ford vehicles (crash test and internal drivers) for quality control reasons...

The Second round will be the Mannequin models (which have scheduling already)

Next will be the FE's (unless you order has a restricted item)

Then the remaining Bronco Sports according to material availability…

They do not build them by similarity, we have received many f-150's that are sequential VIN's and the same build dates that differ in color and model (XLT, Lariat and Limited)...those 3 were the last ones that we received in VIN sequence order...

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape SEL
We have VIN's for our mannequin models only the retail orders still have not received their VIN's...

The first one built will be the Ford vehicles (crash test and internal drivers) for quality control reasons...

The Second round will be the Mannequin models (which have scheduling already)

Next will be the FE's (unless you order has a restricted item)

Then the remaining Bronco Sports according to material availability…

They do not build them by similarity, we have received many f-150's that are sequential VIN's and the same build dates that differ in color and model (XLT, Lariat and Limited)...those 3 were the last ones that we received in VIN sequence order...

For clarification, is the Cargo Management System considered a restricted item that could potentially delay production of a First Edition?

Thanks....

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
If im reading this correctly Ford website currently has the cargo management delay posted to spring 2021. Anyone else have any different intel?
Screenshot_20201013-151939_Chrome.jpg

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape SEL
If im reading this correctly Ford website currently has the cargo management delay posted to spring 2021. Anyone else have any different intel?
Screenshot_20201013-151939_Chrome.jpg
Interesting because the salesman at my dealership added it and when I called a couple weeks ago to get clarification I never heard back.

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
Interesting because the salesman at my dealership added it and when I called a couple weeks ago to get clarification I never heard back.
Yeah same, I called and delaer had no idea, said they would get back to me. I like the cargo option but not quite enough to wait until March.

SoCalBronc

Badlands
First Name
Vickii
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW x3
I can't get my dealer to answer questions about that either. They were supposed to answer me before placing the order but placed the order anyway and are now ignoring my questions about it. Based on other posts here, people are saying this has to be added at factory and can't be added later, so if that's true, then....we all have to wait several more months?

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape SEL
I can't get my dealer to answer questions about that either. They were supposed to answer me before placing the order but placed the order anyway and are now ignoring my questions about it. Based on other posts here, people are saying this has to be added at factory and can't be added later, so if that's true, then....we all have to wait several more months?
I just got off of the phone with a different salesman at the dealership and he said it would not delay production. I told him about the post from their website saying it was late availability and would delay production until spring 2021 and he seemed surprised. He’s going to follow up and get back to me by Thursday because I do not want to wait another six months to get my Bronco Sport. As much as I like the idea of the cargo management system, it’s not worth the delay to me.

SoCalBronc

Badlands
First Name
Vickii
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW x3
I just got off of the phone with a different salesman at the dealership and he said it would not delay production. I told him about the post from their website saying it was late availability and would delay production until spring 2021 and he seemed surprised. He’s going to follow up and get back to me by Thursday because I do not want to wait another six months to get my Bronco Sport. As much as I like the idea of the cargo management system, it’s not worth the delay to me.
Have you been able to get any answers as to whether it must be installed at factory or can be installed at dealer?

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape SEL
When I originally placed my order in early August, the salesman told me that you could add it later through the parts and accessories department. However, I don’t believe that is true since the panels are molded differently when the cargo management system is installed.

Also, when I look at the cargo management system on the ford build and price page, it still lists it as (Late Availability) but no disclaimer saying production will be delayed to Spring 2021.
20B4021B-AA1A-46FF-9462-BF94FC0BFAB1.png

OP
Rane

Rane

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara
My dealer told me any that aren't available with production can be dealer-installed later (implying they would not hold up vehicle shipment)

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124
My dealer told me any that aren't available with production can be dealer-installed later (implying they would not hold up vehicle shipment)
With all the uncertainty and various answers from dealers, I’d say if you want it, you should order it even if means a bit of delay. id be disappointed to learn I couldn’t get it later.

btw, my dealer told me that our info on this forum seems to be better than what he has. He’s concerned that big bronco is going to be a bit chaotic if the BS is this confusing.

just my knothole