Order Status on Ford's site

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Boy this is confusing. On 8/31 I received this from Ford, confirming my order. This was after visiting the dealership to go over the reservation and place the order.

confirm.PNG

And then today, I received this email???

timetoorder.PNG

I even have a copy of the order from Ford's system that the dealer emailed to me:

ford.PNG

Guessing this is just a generic email that's going out to anyone that had a reservation and it isn't checking if orders were actually placed or not. Will reach out to my dealer just to make sure though.
I pretty much got the same, even though I've placed an order...
I definitely got this email. I have not gotten the others... so 🤷‍♂️
Same, got an email to order reservation....which I already did. meh.

OP
Rane

Rane

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara
My dealer responded. Apparently, they orders are not 'finalized' yet. My dealer is finalizing theirs this coming Monday. I guess the first time we entered the order with our dealers, that got them the allocations. And even though we got that email from Ford confirming the order, it apparently wasn't an actual order quite yet.

This next step of it being finalized, is probably the step needed to have a VIN assigned, so we're inching closer.

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
My dealer responded. Apparently, they orders are not 'finalized' yet. My dealer is finalizing theirs this coming Monday. I guess the first time we entered the order with our dealers, that got them the allocations. And even though we got that email from Ford confirming the order, it apparently wasn't an actual order quite yet.

This next step of it being finalized, is probably the step needed to have a VIN assigned, so we're inching closer.
I actually called Ford and they sent me to the Marketing Department, they checked my order number and he said my Bronco is in process. He couldn't tell me much more than that though. Just that when they issue the VIN there is a site I can go to and enter the VIN and it will give me all the details of where mine is at. But they conformed they have my order and can see it.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I finally got a confirmation letter from Ford... However it's not the exterior and interior color that I want. I had my dealer change the exterior and interior color when they put the order through so I am wondering if Ford just emails what was originally put on the reservation.

@Granger Ford ... Have you had customers who changed their color selection from the reservation but the confirmation email kept the old colors?

Thanks in advance.

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
I finally got a confirmation letter from Ford... However it's not the exterior and interior color that I want. I had my dealer change the exterior and interior color when they put the order through so I am wondering if Ford just emails what was originally put on the reservation.

@Granger Ford ... Have you had customers who changed their color selection from the reservation but the confirmation email kept the old colors?

Thanks in advance.
Yes this is what I experienced. The confirmation email just shows what you initially built in the reservation. Even though your dealer made updates... they can can print out an order sheet for you that shows the updates

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I have zero faith in my dealer here in Tucson. I had to spend a lot of time on the phone to just confirm they received the "reservation," and I placed it during the first 10 days of the opening. I am assuming a lot of people are going to be very disappointed by the process and will be either left-out or shuffled to the back of the line as their orders are screwed up, e.g., lost orders, wrong options, etc.

Last edited:

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
I have zero faith in my dealer here in Tucson, Jim Click. I had to spend a lot of time on the phone to just confirm they received the "reservation," and I placed it during the first 10 days of the opening. I seriously doubt I'll ever see the car, and I'm not going to spend any more time on the phone tracking the order or being treated like I owe them a favor. Like I was told by another dealer, the "reservation process" is a "test" to see how "popular" the Bronco would be and was not a serious or precise ordering process. I am assuming a lot of people are going to be very disappointed by the process and will be either left-out or shuffled to the back of the line as their orders are screwed up, e.g., lost orders, wrong options, etc.
Ford said that all reservations would be fulfilled before any dealership could receive inventory to sell off their lot. At this point some dealers are just saying things even though they have no idea what they’re talking about.

The reservation process is not just a test to see how popular it is. A reservation guaranties you 1 allocation to whatever dealership you choose. The amount of reservations to actual purchases are much, much closer for the sport than for the 2/4dr which is why dealerships are going to now require another deposit for 2/4dr reservation holders to place an order. Why?because the reservation is more than a test, it gives you an allocation for a specified dealership. With that said, Ford seeing how much higher 2/4dr reservations to predicted purchases are, they are allowing dealerships to require another deposit before converting customers reservations to orders.

Although I believe a good dealership should be informed with the products they sell and how the process works, ultimately it is your job to get with your dealer and make the necessary changes and turn your reservation into an order or switch your reservation to a different dealership.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124
My dealer just told me that Ford is going to be building demonstrators first do that people can actually sit in them and look at them and then, if they want the car, they will build. Probably not until December. So my “order” had not really been converted yet.

Maybe it reflects a lack of faith in the vehicle or counting pennies or covid. I don’t know but a little unhappy surprise.

I’m r maybe the dealer doesn’t really know. Though they are one of the top truck dealers in Pacific Northwest they may still not know about this vehicle.

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
My dealer just told me that Ford is going to be building demonstrators first do that people can actually sit in them and look at them and then, if they want the car, they will build. Probably not until December. So my “order” had not really been converted yet.

Maybe it reflects a lack of faith in the vehicle or counting pennies or covid. I don’t know but a little unhappy surprise.

I’m r maybe the dealer doesn’t really know. Though they are one of the top truck dealers in Pacific Northwest they may still not know about this vehicle.
Granger has said that the mannequins for dealerships were already given vin numbers and that that would be delivered first then orders then lot inventory

vronca

Badlands
First Name
Vinnie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 XLT
I got an email from my dealer yesterday stating that I need to finalize any changes to my order by this Friday, October 9th. Is that the actual deadline for orders, or just an arbitrary date my dealer picked?

Granger Ford

Badlands
First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)

Thanks in advance.
We have changed colors and I do not know it the buyer ever received a correction on it we printed out the build and gave that to them for reference...

In the past with other retail orders we could change the color and options up until a VIN was produced and then all changes are stopped...

MountainGirl

First Edition
First Name
Jen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Expedition
@Granger Ford Thank you for taking your time to help all of us! Ford should be paying you as a marketing rep for them.

Like everyone else, I am over READY to get Vin # and build date. As of yesterday my dealership said that they still have no #, but that the order is in. As a FE (almost) owner, any idea what order the production will go? I know you said mannequins 1st but what comes 2nd?

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
@Granger Ford Thank you for taking your time to help all of us! Ford should be paying you as a marketing rep for them.

Like everyone else, I am over READY to get Vin # and build date. As of yesterday my dealership said that they still have no #, but that the order is in. As a FE (almost) owner, any idea what order the production will go? I know you said mannequins 1st but what comes 2nd?
It would make logical sense for the FE (FIRST Editions) to be built & delivered first.. but.... who knows what Ford is planning.

I hope you do get yours' first!!! Early congrats!?