DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
We have a new issue with our Bronco Sport Badlands. We are running SYNC version 3.4. The problem we just started having is when our utility trailer is attached the hatch release button (on the hatch) will NOT open the hatch. The glass button still works. So to get the hatch open we have to use the button on the left side of the dash.
Has anyone else seen this issue? I suspect it is due to an update to SYNC 3.4 as this function used to work just fine.
btw - This is the fa
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Iā€™ll give it a try later today. Iā€™ll need to which version sync Iā€™m running.

OP
OP
DonImbimbo

DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
That "btw" was supposed to read "This is a factory trailer hitch not aftermarket".

OP
OP
DonImbimbo

DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Actually, it happened again without the trailer. It seem if you lock the vehicle and walk up to the hatch it will not respond to the button on the hatch. It hasn't happened to my Wife because She always unlocks the vehicle by touching the driver's door handle first. Now that I know, that's what I'll do.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Actually, it happened again without the trailer. It seem if you lock the vehicle and walk up to the hatch it will not respond to the button on the hatch. It hasn't happened to my Wife because She always unlocks the vehicle by touching the driver's door handle first. Now that I know, that's what I'll do.
This is a known issue. Sometimes the "intelligent access" system gets confused. Use your fob to lock the vehicle, then use the hatch unlock button on the fob. That should reset the system so that intelligent access works on the hatch.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Actually....this is an intermittent problem with the intelligent access system and the rear hatch lock/unlock. IT SHOULD, with the vehicle locked, just unlock with a button (on the hatch) press when you have the key nearby -- but this occasionally fails. I'VE FOUND the fix is to lock the vehicle, use the fob to unlock and relock the rear hatch once, and this restores normal/expected intelligent access functionality. With the key fob in your pocket and the vehicle locked, just press the rear hatch button to unlock (and, the vehicle remains locked, the rear hatch will be locked again when you close it).

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This is a known issue. Sometimes the "intelligent access" system gets confused. Use your fob to lock the vehicle, then use the hatch unlock button on the fob. That should reset the system so that intelligent access works on the hatch.
Like he said! ;-)

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I turned my intelligent access off. It will stay off until I can determine if it is accessible when the engine is running. May sound silly to you men, but I donā€™t need someone opening the door at a signal or stop sign.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I turned my intelligent access off. It will stay off until I can determine if it is accessible when the engine is running. May sound silly to you men, but I donā€™t need someone opening the door at a signal or stop sign.
Turn on intelligent access, start your car, put the fob inside, close the door, the lock it using the keypad (press and hold 7-8 & 9-0 simultaneously). Your car is now configured the way it will be if you are inside with the doors locked. Try to open the door. My guess is you can't.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turn on intelligent access, start your car, put the fob inside, close the door, the lock it using the keypad (press and hold 7-8 & 9-0 simultaneously). Your car is now configured the way it will be if you are inside with the doors locked. Try to open the door. My guess is you can't.
One of these days, when I go out and Iā€™m not running late, or just being forgetful, I plan to do that. Probably happen about the time I run the wires for the rear and dash cameras. Iā€˜m not just an older lady, Iā€™m also a bit lazy. Thanks for the help. I never thought about that.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
One of these days, when I go out and Iā€™m not running late, or just being forgetful, I plan to do that. Probably happen about the time I run the wires for the rear and dash cameras. Iā€˜m not just an older lady, Iā€™m also a bit lazy. Thanks for the help. I never thought about that.
Intelligent access does not work with the key fob inside the vehicle.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Intelligent access does not work with the key fob inside the vehicle.
This is true. I tested it today. However, I preferred turning it off until I knew for sure. Itā€™s much easier that way.

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Actually....this is an intermittent problem with the intelligent access system and the rear hatch lock/unlock. IT SHOULD, with the vehicle locked, just unlock with a button (on the hatch) press when you have the key nearby -- but this occasionally fails. I'VE FOUND the fix is to lock the vehicle, use the fob to unlock and relock the rear hatch once, and this restores normal/expected intelligent access functionality. With the key fob in your pocket and the vehicle locked, just press the rear hatch button to unlock (and, the vehicle remains locked, the rear hatch will be locked again when you close it).
So annoying. Thanks for the workaround. I've been dealing with this annoying bug for a few weeks now.
Sponsored