On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

DeepSea

Outer Banks
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Bumping this thread because I have the same noise. It’s sounds almost like a ticking but it doesn’t sound like a valve knock and it only happens right when I start the car and accelerate from a stop or at low speeds. I have only ever driven naturally aspirated engines so I just chalked it up to the motor being a small 1.5L turbo. I don’t have any other symptoms.
Sponsored

TK4261

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I just picked up my Badlands last Friday with a build date of 11/9/21 and I have the same annoying fluttering/hard drive noise as the first poster and many of you at low speeds. Looks like they are still building the BS with the same issue...Real Bummer. Going to contact the dealer where I purchased it. luckily there are 4-5 Ford dealerships here in Vegas so hoping one of them will know about this issue and have a fix.

TK4261

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have made an appointment with my dealer to check it out on Monday 12/27 and someone from the Ford customer care team reached out to me on the Bronco Nation forum and opened up a case for me also. Hoping that it the noise is noticeable to the tech. I requested a ride along to point it out and it seems to be a constant noise at low speeds after it warms up. I also printed the bulletin from ford about the parking release cable. I'll post what they tell me.

Abevader

Big Bend
First Name
Abner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Update: I disconnected the park release cable as suggested, i can still hear the grinding noise as i go at low speeds or when i go into a complete stop. Last time i went to the Ford dealer where i bought my BS they didn't hear anything. Ill try another Ford dealer..

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I tried to get the noise on video today, you may need to turn up the volume. It sounds much louder in person.... It happens only after I've been driving at a higher rate of speed for a while, and then slow down and drive around a parking lot (for example). It will stop after a bit o

f slow driving and never does it when first starting and driving slow. I can't hear it outside the car, only inside so far, like it's right behind the driver side dash. So, whaddya think, is this noise normal?
The title of your post is fantastic!

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Has anyone had a resolution to this sound? My 2022 with less than 500 miles makes odd clicking, metal sounds when driving in the 20-30mph range. What a nightmare for a new car owner to deal with…how could Ford build new cars that make these sounds?
Some in this thread have had the cable replaced at the dealership and it was resolved. Mine has actually stopped making the noise over the last 1000 miles, so I may not bother now.

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
Has anyone seen how the entire parking cable is replaced? It looks to be a $60 part for the revised cable. Considering how terrible my local dealers service is with messing things up I'd much rather just pay for a new one and replace it myself.

For those that did get it replaced any pics of the new part?

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Here’s a recording of the sound on mine…
Sounds similar, but really hard to tell. If you go back in this thread you'll see that for some the noise is just the cable and for others they replaced the transmission... I would say to take it to your service department and have them listen to it. The service bulletin is also in this thread, so you can reference it.

ACGilbert

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
My cable is in and scheduled for installation next week! Cable was ordered last Friday. Service mgr. hadn’t heard of it, but was able to find the bulletin.
AC

All done now and quiet.

Last edited:

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
My poor 22 badlands is making a noise now that I don't much care for. Got it on the 6th of January so only 280 miles on it so I didn't break anything.

I learned from my last vehicle to watch the rpm gauge so I noticed when it happens and I was able to repeat it 3 times in a row on the way home.

The problem is that at just under 2000 rpm in normal mode the bronco starts making a noise right before a gear shift. Once it decides it wants to shift it immediately drops the rpm to a stable 1500 and is silent. Like most posters here its around 15-22 miles per hour on a flat that it happens.

I suppose I can take it back to the dealer here in town after the weekend is over if I can keep making it growl-grind at me the same way. Thankfully its so low of a gear problem they don't need to leave their big empty parking lot to test it. With my luck they will punch the gas instead of letting it creep up to 1900-2000 rpm and they will miss the noise and say I am crazy in which case I can drive it for them and show them how to make it complain.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My poor 22 badlands is making a noise now that I don't much care for. Got it on the 6th of January so only 280 miles on it so I didn't break anything.

I learned from my last vehicle to watch the rpm gauge so I noticed when it happens and I was able to repeat it 3 times in a row on the way home.

The problem is that at just under 2000 rpm in normal mode the bronco starts making a noise right before a gear shift. Once it decides it wants to shift it immediately drops the rpm to a stable 1500 and is silent. Like most posters here its around 15-22 miles per hour on a flat that it happens.

I suppose I can take it back to the dealer here in town after the weekend is over if I can keep making it growl-grind at me the same way. Thankfully its so low of a gear problem they don't need to leave their big empty parking lot to test it. With my luck they will punch the gas instead of letting it creep up to 1900-2000 rpm and they will miss the noise and say I am crazy in which case I can drive it for them and show them how to make it complain.
Be positive they’ll hear it they rode with me in the cab when I showed them mine and allowed me to replicate the noise for them. It’s probably that silly cable we’re all having trouble with. No worries :) if you scroll back in this thread I posted the paperwork the dealer gave me feel free to look at it or show it to them.
Sponsored