On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

BSideBootLeg

Big Bend
First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
No one contacted me either. Talking to someone at Ford SUV was such a cluster, getting an apportionment for someone to look at the car getting two different opinions was a pain too.

TBH I loved the car but that noise drove me crazy and the thought of what I would have to deal with to get it fixed upon a recall left me feeling like I would be spending my life at the dealership no thanks.

I ended up selling mine for 5K over what I paid for it. That was after searching high and low for the one I wanted and driving out of state to get it. So much wasted time.

Im not going to lie when I see them on the road now I get sad but then I remeber how the noise was driving me crazy.

Maybe Ill try again in a few years.
Sponsored

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Driving around a parking lot looking for a space, about 5-10mph. Low growling noise coming from the engine. I hear it also when slowing down 30-0. Goat is Normal.

Anyone else?

mindleak

Outer Banks
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks

Abevader

Big Bend
First Name
Abner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've been having the same issue, when i start to slow down or coming to a stop i hear a grinding noise coming from the driver's side. I also hear the same noise when im doing turns around 30mph. I took it to the dealership and they didn't hear anything, they probably think im crazy. I've seen posts about disconnecting the park release cable would fix the issue. I took a picture of my engine bay, can someone please help me highlight which cable i have to disconnect? Im scared of disconnecting the wrong cable.

Thanks in advance.

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... IMG_20211110_080727__01

ACGilbert

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
I’ve read this whole thread since it’s inception. I think the noise is harmless (I’ve heard it from day one) and will wait for the fix from Ford.
NBD IMHO
Your results may vary.

Mine has been fixed now for a month. Seems weird — the absence of that brief sound.

Last edited:

gdolson725

Big Bend
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I brought my BB in for the same noise and they are now able to replicate the noise with one of the new BBs they have on the lot as well. They let me know they believe it is the torque converter (hoping I heard that correctly over the phone, will speak with them further when I go to pick the vehicle up), and that unfortunately there isn't much that is able to be done about it.

They did assure me however that the noise is harmless, and is nothing detrimental to the vehicle. Aside from it being annoying, it does not affect performance.

If I hear anything different when I pick up my vehicle, I will update here. Was really hoping they would have a fix to the noise I'm hearing.

paico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Guys the cable remarked in below picture is the one we are talking about? If it is , from which side it gets disconnected or how exactly?

Thanks in advance

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... 20211209_175831

Last edited:

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Guys the cable remarked in below picture is the one we are talking about? If it is , from which side it gets disconnected or how exactly?

Thanks in advance

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... 20211209_175831
Yes. That’s it. Lift upward on the end attached to the lever, which is the left side of the

Thanks in advance

Yes. That’s it. Just lift up on the end attached to the lever, which is the left side in your pic. It just snaps off and on. I used a little screwdriver to gently pry it off. Noise will be gone.

paico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes. That’s it. Lift upward on the end attached to the lever, which is the left side of the

Yes. That’s it. Just lift up on the end attached to the lever, which is the left side in your pic. It just snaps off and on. I used a little screwdriver to gently pry it off. Noise will be gone.
Thank

Thank you! :)

Abevader

Big Bend
First Name
Abner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Alright i want to clarify here before i do anything.

Please indicate which of the following colors i have to lift up?

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... IMG_20211213_120322__01__01

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Recon if a new cable is available for order as referenced in Post 277 above, the 2022s will not have this issue ??

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Alright i want to clarify here before i do anything.

Please indicate which of the following colors i have to lift up?

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... IMG_20211213_120322__01__01
Where would I find this cable connection please; drivers side top, underneath… Thank you.
Sponsored