Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread

RyanT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
A few thoughts on those photos,

1. Some photos are from early prototypes. i wonder if Ford was trying out slightly different formulas and coatings. It‘s difficult to associate all that range to lighting alone. Would be nice to see the same photos as above on a sunny day.

2. It seems like white trim and top really brings out the mint.

3. I wonder if Ford is using a special finishing coat on the full size Bronco. I had a friend working at GM who said their popular white diamond tri-coat that looks pearl was supposed to just be white. Somehow that final treatment came out a bit pearl and everyone said, whoa, we can sell this. So now they charge a premium for what was a surprise. Point being, maybe the full Bronco is getting a special protective coat that brings out more of the mint. i haven’t seen a single mint like shot of the sport, though footage Is still limited.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Phillyman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mb
Wooow. I originally didn’t like the CG option but I’m in love with it in these pics... I ordered oxford white but may need to switch... ugh. So indecisive now!

sullivan.mary0228

Badlands
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
After seeing all the "seafoam green" looking CG photos out there I had finally decided to switch to a different color...and now these pics come out. This is the version of CG that sold me initially. Now I'm really leaning towards switching back to CG but what pics do we trust?
I feel the same way....decisions decisions

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Yeah, the sea foam green look isn’t good, but those pics look like flat gray, much like the lead foot gray on the f150, but a few shades lighter.

vronca

Badlands
First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 XLT
Wooow. I originally didn’t like the CG option but I’m in love with it in these pics... I ordered oxford white but may need to switch... ugh. So indecisive now!
I resonate with the indecision! I originally ordered CG, then switched it to Oxford White. Now strongly considering switching back to CG because of these pics haha

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
I resonate with the indecision! I originally ordered CG, then switched it to Oxford White. Now strongly considering switching back to CG because of these pics haha
From my experience, white hides daily road grime. While it will always look best washed, dust and road grime just blends. Whereas a dark vehicle such as black, always shows the dust and dinge.
I had a white Ford Explorer Limited years ago, and It always looked good whether I washed it or not. I would never get a dark colored vehicle again. With the Bronco, my preference is Cactus Grey.

bronco3

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 435 xDrive Coupe
So how are we feeling about Cactus Gray with that Ebony/Brown leather interior? Honestly not sure if that combo would look great or terrible..
It certainly is different I like the cactus Gray because it’s unique but I can say the interior won’t be matching the exterior at all imo

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Here are some great photos of the Bronco Sport Outer Banks in Cactus Gray.

Keep in mind that this is sunset lighting, which casts an orange tint on the color.

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread nco-sport-outer-banks-cactus-gray-inside-out-1-

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread nco-sport-outer-banks-cactus-gray-inside-out-2-

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread nco-sport-outer-banks-cactus-gray-inside-out-3-

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread nco-sport-outer-banks-cactus-gray-inside-out-4-

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread nco-sport-outer-banks-cactus-gray-inside-out-5-

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread nco-sport-outer-banks-cactus-gray-inside-out-6-

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread nco-sport-outer-banks-cactus-gray-inside-out-7-

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread nco-sport-outer-banks-cactus-gray-inside-out-8-

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread nco-sport-outer-banks-cactus-gray-inside-out-9-

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread co-sport-outer-banks-cactus-gray-inside-out-10-

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread nco-sport-outer-banks-cactus-gray-inside-out-1-

Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread nco-sport-outer-banks-cactus-gray-inside-out-2-
Is the armrest dark or brown leather colour? This example shows dark brown but the Ford website shows brown. What am I missing?

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Wow - i guess I never realized how much wider/ "fatter" it gets right below the window/glass area when looking from behind. Looks beefy!
Ford Bronco Sport Official CACTUS GRAY Bronco Sport Thread 1599320206789