jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
Looks like we're finally seeing the Maverick with the full BS Badlands drive system!

This advanced system includes a twin-clutch rear-drive unit with a differential lock feature to allow greater off-road capability
IMO, Ford's done a great job with both the BS and the Maverick. I'm hoping this spurs more aftermarket options that happen to be compatible with both.

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
I am sorry……IMO….Maverick is not a truck….it’s a hatchback without the hatch. #maverickhatchbackclub
I considered it as a possible service truck..but the bed is way to small to be used hauling chems for pools or even a compact pole……Ranger and Transit Connect ( yeah it’s a van not a truck) is the smallest we can go.

Ksnau

Heritage
First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
I was about to start a chat about who was mad they got their badlands and now there is a Maverick badlands for what seemed like cheaper, but I see it's already started. I saw it as I was making my first payment on my $42,500 broncosport badlands, and did the math with today's pricing with the XLT and only adding a 2.0 and awd then $3k for the tremor package you could get a badlands maverick for $30,500. I'm pissed, cuz that's all I wanted (2.0+awd on same platform as my old escape that served me well til a bastard ran a red light) plus one touch windows, but I had to have the Badlands model to get my 2.0 and the off-road goodies earlier this year.

Anyone want to buy a brand new badlands with premium package and falken tires with only 1500 miles plus what I add on in the 6 months to a year it takes to get one in?

Last edited:

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
I was about to start a chat about who was mad they got their badlands and now there is a Maverick badlands for what seemed like cheaper, but I see it's already started. I saw it as I was making my first payment on my $42,500 broncosport badlands, and did the math with today's pricing with the XLT and only adding a 2.0 and awd then $3k for the tremor package you could get a badlands maverick for $30,500. I'm pissed, cuz that's all I wanted (2.0+awd on same platform as my old escape that served me well til a bastard ran a red light) plus one touch windows, but I had to have the Badlands model to get my 2.0 and the off-road goodies earlier this year.

Anyone want to buy a brand new badlands with premium package and falken tires with only 1500 miles plus what I add on in the 6 months to a year it takes to get one in?
Hummmm...... Could you just plan on selling to CarMax?
You should see what they will give you now for it and maybe get a beater till delivery.....

Ksnau

Heritage
First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Mostly joking the bed would be nice but with my dog I think the BS fits my life and his comfort better but good to know I (hopefully) won't have to spend as much if I decide I do need the bed and still want my off-road goodies, also while I can easily live with a base model as long as I have my one touch windows I am getting used this leather and the other un-necessaries. I'm not sure the maverick comes with as many niceties but I haven't looked close. God that heated steering wheel and seats was nice this weekend on my hands and bum in Flagstaff. Forgot how much of a wuss I am to cold weather.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am sorry……IMO….Maverick is not a truck….it’s a hatchback without the hatch. #maverickhatchbackclub
I considered it as a possible service truck..but the bed is way to small to be used hauling chems for pools or even a compact pole……Ranger and Transit Connect ( yeah it’s a van not a truck) is the smallest we can go.
Solid point, maverick will have it's niché for those little monsters. Some prefer the full Bronco...the sport was all I needed.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
I go back and forth between a maverick tremor or the new redesigned ranger. Im probably a year or two away from pulling the trigger on anything but ford done a nice job with them. I read the new tremor package still only has a 2000 towing capacity though. I'd like more than that. For off roading though, still love our badlands

Reactions: MJE

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ford using the Badlands parts on the Maverick is cool. Not a real truck but good for light hauling, small vehicle efficiency, car like ride, some off road capability, and 2.0 turbo power. Overall a lot to like there.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

Dead serious guarantee you will get more than MSRP if you try to sell it/trade to a dealer...my wife turned in a 2018 jeep lease five months early and pocketed $4,000 CASH...after leasing a new vehicle. it's an insane market.

Ksnau

Heritage
First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
I like the idea most people don't need a real truck and I love the platform had a 14 escape titanium AWD in Flagstaff and was perfect no complaints only had to replace turbo cuz common wastegate issues iirc around 90k - 100k miles til damn red light runner at 135k miles. Had. 2011 GMC Sierra z71 and I rarely used it for the truck stuff more than once a week if not less and while I'll miss my ls engine and being in a big ass truck, 17mph average isn't fun and that's only with granny driving. A lot easier to park these and have enough room from other cars too. My brother has a 2012 Honda Ridgeline which is the same idea and it's perfect for him, 90 percent city driving but when he goes out it has a pretty good AWD system for off-road and some neat storage and the tailgate opens like 4 ways and has trunk.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
What’s not to like? Basically the same idea as adding the Badlands package to a Sport. Add a bit of off road ruggedness for not a lot of money. Just depends on your needs or wants. Smart decision by Ford in my opinion.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Dead serious guarantee you will get more than MSRP if you try to sell it/trade to a dealer...my wife turned in a 2018 jeep lease five months early and pocketed $4,000 CASH...after leasing a new vehicle. it's an insane market.
+ 1. I traded in a 2018 Nissan Altima with 90k miles on my current BS and made $2700 ($650 of which went for the down payment).

I've been tempted to order a '23 BL and cash in on any equity from my BB. Get it while you can.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I like the Maverick more after seeing Fords website. Marketing it as a truck for people that didn’t know they needed a truck. Even small, the quick access to open bed has benefits. There is also a 4K tow package available That adds some capability. I think it’s neat for what it is.
Sponsored