OEM Hood Scoop - how to remove?

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition
My BS FE came with the OEM hood scoop installed. It’s on there pretty good, question is how good. It’s an eye catcher and sets it apart from other rides but it’s not a functional scoop. I enjoyed it for a while but taking the design a different direction that likely won’t include the scoop.

Has anyone had one and removed it? I’m going to wait for warmer temps to remove and hope it can be removed so I can sell it. I did see one person who had powder coated theirs to match and that was nice but idk I think the novelty for me has worn off. I welcome opinions.

Ford Bronco Sport OEM Hood Scoop - how to remove? IMG_5094
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm fairly sure it's installed with adhesives. If that's the case, heat and gentle prying will be your best option. If you can get a corner up high enough to get a finger under then you should be able to pull while applying heat. Be careful. The hood--all the sheet metal really--is quite thin aluminum. You risk a dent if you pry against it too hard.

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT
Love my scoop but it goes with the look I am going for. It is stuck on w adhesive. What I will say is it’s pretty sturdy. I would definitely be careful or have a shop take it off. Definitely could damage the flimsy BS hood. I’m fortunate that my local dealership installs stuff for next to nothing. I will have them take mine off if I ever change my mind.
Ford Bronco Sport OEM Hood Scoop - how to remove? IMG_4368

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm fairly sure it's installed with adhesives. If that's the case, heat and gentle prying will be your best option. If you can get a corner up high enough to get a finger under then you should be able to pull while applying heat. Be careful. The hood--all the sheet metal really--is quite thin aluminum. You risk a dent if you pry against it too hard.
Agree!! I would take it to a professional but trust my own OCD first. I do plan on adding a custom decal over that area but still.

Thanks for the reminder in the minimal metal of the hood.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I will add that I think it is smart you are planning to put a decal in its place for two reasons (but honestly I think that it looks awesome right now):
- since it is a 2021 and we are now in 2024, I assume there will be a slight color differentiation between what was exposed to the sun and elements; and since you said you had OCD, that might be an issue
- the sun glare will be noticeable; I had an Area 51 Big Bend and an Area 51 Outer Banks. I installed the hood scoop on both because it was cool and it cut the glare I felt was too strong from the A51. Since you’ve never experienced that glare, I think it would annoy you. So, be sure your decal is matted and not reflective or glossy.

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’ve read recently, a pretty sweet technique to remove anything that’s held on by adhesives, is to carefully use a heat gun than slide fishing line or tooth floss under an edge and slowly work at it that way. Never tried it but might be helpful. Beats any prying or potential damage to surface.

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve read recently, a pretty sweet technique to remove anything that’s held on by adhesives, is to carefully use a heat gun than slide fishing line or tooth floss under an edge and slowly work at it that way. Never tried it but might be helpful. Beats any prying or potential damage to surface.
Absolutely! I’ve used fishing line when removing badging on previous vehicles and the all that remains is the hardened glue goop. Even my BBs rim protectors left a nasty residue after removal.
Thanks and be sure some fishing line will be within reach on the one. I don’t want to damage or bend the metal so may line it and settle for the mess that remains.

Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Not that Im a fan of glued on hood scoops, but it seems like too much of a bother to remove, not to mention how bad-ass that particular scoop looks on the BS. Finishes off a rather plain hood. Speaking of, these offered through Ford? I may just opt for one if the price is right

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I love mine, had it painted to match the Atlas Blue Metallic, but like others have said Patience is gonna be your friend for sure, heat gun, fishing line, dental floss, and more Patience. Good Luck Removing Yours.
Ford Bronco Sport OEM Hood Scoop - how to remove? IMG_2547

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not that Im a fan of glued on hood scoops, but it seems like too much of a bother to remove, not to mention how bad-ass that particular scoop looks on the BS. Finishes off a rather plain hood. Speaking of, these offered through Ford? I may just opt for one if the price is right
Will keep you posted 😊

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I love mine, had it painted to match the Atlas Blue Metallic, but like others have said Patience is gonna be your friend for sure, heat gun, fishing line, dental floss, and more Patience. Good Luck Removing Yours.
That’s such a nice blue color too.

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I love the matching hood scoop!!!
Sponsored