Odd, Soft Rattle Noise at Low Speed/RPM When Downshifting at Low Gear

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
yes i hear two different sounds.
1. i hear every now and then at 1500rpm slow speeds (this one is still weird cause all other rpms dont make the sound, only at 1500)
2. i hear every now and then when slowing down after driving 45mph+ (atv sound here or dragging shovel sound from the other threads)

Both of these i hear with sportmode, i havent driven with normal for long periods of time.
Thanks for the feedback man.
Sponsored

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Ford Daughter

Badlands
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
We are having the exact same issue. This is my second Bronco as my first one was totaled (a lady T Boned me). The first Bronco, which has a sport with the 1.5L did not have this noise, now my more expensive Badlands has this noise exactly that you are referring to. I scheduled an appointment with our local Ford dealer service department, and they are out all the way to August 3rd before they can look into this for me. I feel like it will be a needle in a haystack situation though and I'm worried.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
We are having the exact same issue. This is my second Bronco as my first one was totaled (a lady T Boned me). The first Bronco, which has a sport with the 1.5L did not have this noise, now my more expensive Badlands has this noise exactly that you are referring to. I scheduled an appointment with our local Ford dealer service department, and they are out all the way to August 3rd before they can look into this for me. I feel like it will be a needle in a haystack situation though and I'm worried.
Try not to worry, you have the grr sound at around 1500rpm? Or the rattling/clicking. The rattling/clicking was a cable in mine that was fixed. The grrr, I can’t hardly reproduce that in mine. It seems to happen briefly in the morning after it sits all night but not when the engine is warm for me. So I don’t know I’m just gonna wait, I can’t expect them to do anything till I can reproduce it more regularly. I have my warranty.

ashleyjustin3

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Believe this same issue is on another thread and thought to post here as well. I took my BB to Ford to have it looked at and they confirmed there is something wrong. They told me they need more time with the vehicle to figure out exactly what is the problem--but said they suspect it's something to do with the transmission oil cooler. So, for all those that are experiencing engine rattles, I'd advise to bring back your BS to Ford as soon as you can because there is a legit problem--
I have the same thing had to bring it in twice; they are saying that they need to wait til august for Ford to put out a fix…..

run5498

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have the same thing had to bring it in twice; they are saying that they need to wait til august for Ford to put out a fix…..
Sorry to hear--I had my transmission entirely replaced and it did fix the whirring noise (only hear a very faint noise at low speeds occasionally--but it's not bothersome/alarming like it was before) Unfortunately, even my garage foreman and the Ford engineers that he worked with, couldn't pinpoint the issue, but completely acknowledged and validated that the noise was a symptom of some larger issue.

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Try not to worry, you have the grr sound at around 1500rpm? Or the rattling/clicking. The rattling/clicking was a cable in mine that was fixed. The grrr, I can’t hardly reproduce that in mine. It seems to happen briefly in the morning after it sits all night but not when the engine is warm for me. So I don’t know I’m just gonna wait, I can’t expect them to do anything till I can reproduce it more regularly. I have my warranty.
Do you remember what the name of the cable was that fixes the rattling/ clicking sound? Thats all that is happening now.

henry16

Badlands
First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Hey there. So I took my BS badlands to my local dealer yesterday for 'grrr' and rattling sounds. I was told that it's because of the mold-like on my rotor and should go away eventually. I just don't think that's the reason for it. Now I'm stuck with the same issues with no solution. Have u guys resolved the same issues?

Ford Daughter

Badlands
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Hey there. So I took my BS badlands to my local dealer yesterday for 'grrr' and rattling sounds. I was told that it's because of the mold-like on my rotor and should go away eventually. I just don't think that's the reason for it. Now I'm stuck with the same issues with no solution. Have u guys resolved the same issues?
My dealer says it is the wrong shift cable but they still have no solution for the issue. It’s annoying for a brand new vehicle and I want it fixed. I call my service advisor 2x a month to see if anything has been released for a fix. Still waiting..

henry16

Badlands
First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
My dealer says it is the wrong shift cable but they still have no solution for the issue. It’s annoying for a brand new vehicle and I want it fixed. I call my service advisor 2x a month to see if anything has been released for a fix. Still waiting..
Is it because there's no parts available yet? Yeah, It's frustrating. I might go to a different dealer and see what will they tell me

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yeah they replaced my shift cable and it's like 80% better now.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I definitely have this same issue. Notice it pretty heavily when holding around 25 after down shift.
Sponsored