Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yes I'm so sorry I've been in the shop forging knives lol..... I took her to the dealership and they actually took me for a LONG ride so I can pin point the " Rattle" and of course she didn't do it, its been over 24Hrs and no rattle has happened. They did say if it happens to bring it back any time.
Ford Bronco Sport Odd, Soft Rattle Noise at Low Speed/RPM When Downshifting at Low Gear 160333306_887343905422137_1230317784381665070_n
Ford Bronco Sport Odd, Soft Rattle Noise at Low Speed/RPM When Downshifting at Low Gear 146243970_498025131597123_4704153189045113703_n
Ford Bronco Sport Odd, Soft Rattle Noise at Low Speed/RPM When Downshifting at Low Gear 147069579_265281814983238_3608676221469269343_n(1)
Nice Damascus pattern beautiful work
Sponsored

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Looked through all the SSMs, TSBs, and GSBs for the bronco sport.

Parking release cable rattling seems to be the cause, but a true fix isn't due until December 2021.

Also worth noting, engine covers are no longer being shipped with the 1.5L if built after July 23rd 2021.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Looks like ford has a part number to fix this now, (previously stated as mid Dec 21). Will be making an appointment for mine soon.
I notice it most if I hold around 25mph. The noise is VERY noticeable. SSM posted yesterday.

SSM 50274 - 2021 Bronco Sport - Hiss Or Rattle Noise While Driving - Manual Park Release Cable
Some 2021 Bronco Sport vehicles may exhibit a hiss or rattle noise while driving. This may be due to an internal issue with the manual park release cable. If the noise is eliminated when the cable is disconnected from the transmission, install a revised manual park release cable part number LX6Z-7D246-S following Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-05.

Greekguyrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Looks like ford has a part number to fix this now, (previously stated as mid Dec 21). Will be making an appointment for mine soon.
I notice it most if I hold around 25mph. The noise is VERY noticeable. SSM posted yesterday.

SSM 50274 - 2021 Bronco Sport - Hiss Or Rattle Noise While Driving - Manual Park Release Cable
Some 2021 Bronco Sport vehicles may exhibit a hiss or rattle noise while driving. This may be due to an internal issue with the manual park release cable. If the noise is eliminated when the cable is disconnected from the transmission, install a revised manual park release cable part number LX6Z-7D246-S following Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-05.
Can you tell me where you found this info. I’m having the same issue. Noticed on the second day of having it. Funny I didn’t notice on test drive. Only had 40 miles on it at time.

Underdog1991

Badlands
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Can you tell me where you found this info. I’m having the same issue. Noticed on the second day of having it. Funny I didn’t notice on test drive. Only had 40 miles on it at time.
Same. Probably because the salesman put it in sport, turned on the radio, and chatted my ear off.

CKEPP

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Copied this from another user...this is what happens when accountants tell engineers how to build cars; in my opinion, most of the issues with the BS drivetrain can be traced back to this decision:

The 8F35

Ford decided that there was no real advantage to having 9 speeds [[as inherited from the GM 9T / GF9 it is based-on]], and the extra gear added weight and cost that didn’t improve fuel economy. Essentially, Ford decided to remove the 4th gear, among other adjustments. These changes made the 2-3 shift step very small, and the transmission acts as a 7-speed under most driving conditions.

Ford also decided that they would use several design features they had used in the 10-speed platform. Borrowing the 10R torque converter saves space and weight but is a more complicated unit to control because it applies the torque converter clutch towards the impeller assembly rather than towards the cover. Ford also redesigned the valve bodies and the oil pump assembly to use the same software platform used by the 10-speed unit. This saved weight and reduced the number of valves needed in the system. It also borrowed parts already in inventory for the 10R transmission.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Copied this from another user...this is what happens when accountants tell engineers how to build cars; in my opinion, most of the issues with the BS drivetrain can be traced back to this decision:

The 8F35

Ford decided that there was no real advantage to having 9 speeds [[as inherited from the GM 9T / GF9 it is based-on]], and the extra gear added weight and cost that didn’t improve fuel economy. Essentially, Ford decided to remove the 4th gear, among other adjustments. These changes made the 2-3 shift step very small, and the transmission acts as a 7-speed under most driving conditions.

Ford also decided that they would use several design features they had used in the 10-speed platform. Borrowing the 10R torque converter saves space and weight but is a more complicated unit to control because it applies the torque converter clutch towards the impeller assembly rather than towards the cover. Ford also redesigned the valve bodies and the oil pump assembly to use the same software platform used by the 10-speed unit. This saved weight and reduced the number of valves needed in the system. It also borrowed parts already in inventory for the 10R transmission.
Interesting. Can you share the source for this data?

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Is it just a rattling noise? I get a vibration in the seat, floorboard, and steering wheel on downshifts and when I creep in parking lots at 11 mph.

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Did that fix the problem? Was it done for free or you have to pay? I have the rattle/hiss and it's very noticeable driving in a parking lot.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Did that fix the problem? Was it done for free or you have to pay? I have the rattle/hiss and it's very noticeable driving in a parking lot.
I haven't been able to make my appointment yet. It should be covered under warranty.

TK4261

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have the same whirling/fluttering sound on my Badlands at low speed in Normal, Eco & Sport modes. I have made an appointment with my dealer to check it out on Monday 12/27 and someone from the Ford customer care team reached out to me on the Bronco Nation forum and opened up a case for me also. Hoping that it the noise is noticeable to the tech. I requested a ride along to point it out and it seems to be a constant noise at low speeds after it warms up. i'll post what they tell me.

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
FWIW I have this same noise. I feel like I hear it at low speeds when slowing down and accelerating. Mine is a lot quieter I think that the video shows. Sounds weird, but it sounds like the car is clearing it's throat for a lack of a better description lol. It hasn't gotten worse and I have 13k on my Badlands so I figured it was just normal.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
From other threads, there should be a few 2022s on the road next week. Will be interesting to see what kind of noises ( if any) they report in the coming weeks.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
From other threads, there should be a few 2022s on the road next week. Will be interesting to see what kind of noises ( if any) they report in the coming weeks.
So far I haven't noticed anything unusual, in fact I'm very happy about how quiet it is.
Sponsored