SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Last time I was at my dealership for an oil change and tire rotation, I asked them to check my fluid levels, and I specifically ask them to check the coolant level due to multiple people having water pump failure after around the 25K mark. I'm at 32K miles, and I happen to pop the hood so I can add windshield fluid, and I see that my coolant reservoir is completely empty. Bone freaking dry. I am so pissed right now, because I specifically asked them to check it, and it's very clear that they didn't. And when I asked the guy about it, he asked me why and acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, meanwhile more than 50% of people that own these cars have water pump failure around 20 to 25K miles. I will be calling them Monday to get this situation checked out.

2021 outer banks

Ford Bronco Sport Not very happy with Ford at the moment. 20230610_174519
Sponsored

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I understand your anger. Sometimes the Ford inspection seems weird. When the brakes went on my F-150 I asked why they hadn’t mentioned the pads were almost gone. The answer was, “We don’t check that.” Maybe I’m spoiled, but the garage that looked after all my used vehicles checked pad wear as a matter of course when getting an oil change.

Leeford

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Last time I was at my dealership for an oil change and tire rotation, I asked them to check my fluid levels, and I specifically ask them to check the coolant level due to multiple people having water pump failure after around the 25K mark. I'm at 32K miles, and I happen to pop the hood so I can add windshield fluid, and I see that my coolant reservoir is completely empty. Bone freaking dry. I am so pissed right now, because I specifically asked them to check it, and it's very clear that they didn't. And when I asked the guy about it, he asked me why and acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, meanwhile more than 50% of people that own these cars have water pump failure around 20 to 25K miles. I will be calling them Monday to get this situation checked out.

2021 outer banks

I had the same "inspection" with my oil change. The report said full!. Noticed the lack of fluid when I looked under the hood myself. Reported my observations to the service guy. They topped it up and inspected the issue a few weeks later. Turned out to be a leaky pump. Pump replaced.

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had the same "inspection" with my oil change. The report said full!. Noticed the lack of fluid when I looked under the hood myself. Reported my observations to the service guy. They topped it up and inspected the issue a few weeks later. Turned out to be a leaky pump. Pump replaced.
It just sucks! Because I clearly asked the service advisor to please check the water pump and coolant levels. He said they did and everything looked normal. With the amount of coolant, or lack of coolant in the reservoir, id say that was a lie. If it was leaking that fast, I'd be overheating and noticing that amount of coolant. Like why lie? You'll get caught.

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I understand your anger. Sometimes the Ford inspection seems weird. When the brakes went on my F-150 I asked why they hadn’t mentioned the pads were almost gone. The answer was, “We don’t check that.” Maybe I’m spoiled, but the garage that looked after all my used vehicles checked pad wear as a matter of course when getting an oil change.
Yeah when you get "the works" package, the are supposed to check all of that. That's usually what I pay for. About to seriously find another dealer. I always use dealers on my cars until they're out of warranty. I want to make sure I don't do shit that they can come back to me and say they won't cover it because I didn't use something right. But not pointing out bad brakes is a big issue. That can become dangerous.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
If you're lucky enough to have more than one dealership close it may be time to take your car elsewhere.

Last edited:

Leeford

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Yeah when you get "the works" package, the are supposed to check all of that. That's usually what I pay for. About to seriously find another dealer. I always use dealers on my cars until they're out of warranty. I want to make sure I don't do shit that they can come back to me and say they won't cover it because I didn't use something right. But not pointing out bad brakes is a big issue. That can become dangerous.
BTW, I had the "works" also. When I questioned them on why the check box showed, "oK', what's with that. It appears that these check sheets default to "OK".

Kraken1

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
The dealership told me they only check the brake pads if the tires have to come off like when they put on the snow tires.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
It is possible the tech marked it good on the inspection sheet & he is going by what the tech wrote.

TonyACK

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yeah when you get "the works" package, the are supposed to check all of that. That's usually what I pay for. About to seriously find another dealer. I always use dealers on my cars until they're out of warranty. I want to make sure I don't do shit that they can come back to me and say they won't cover it because I didn't use something right. But not pointing out bad brakes is a big issue. That can become d
MY dealer has this posted on his website
Ford Bronco Sport Not very happy with Ford at the moment. Image1

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands

2021 outer banks

That's one reason why I am unhappy with my local Ford dealer. The Ford Safety checks that they are supposed to do with Ford's "The Works" are not done. They also don't check the tire pressure as required. I knew my tires were low when I brought my car in for "The Works" and when I got my car back, the pressures were the same as when I brought it in. If they checked any fluids levels, they don't top them off. This is a new dealer who bought out the dealership from the original family owners, and they are just as lax if not worse. In comparison, my VW and BMW's got exemplary service, fluids topped off, pressures checked and pumped, and car washed before it was returned to me. Ford service, from what I've seen is mediocre, I like the car, hate the level of service.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks

2021 outer banks

Thanks for the heads up. I am going to check mine to make sure.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I say if they’re not checking or filling those areas, leave them a review. Don’t bash them, say place is clean, oil was good, people mostly friendly, but do not trust them to follow through on checking fluid levels and stuff.

If they’re anything like Honda, reviews mean a lot to them.

I think a lot of that comes down to the industry and, I hate to say it, who they’re hiring. They’re just looking for a quick, easy job and some don’t care.

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’m no mechanic but I worked at a Toyota dealership as a lube tech for a minute and reading this thread is blowing me away. Even the stoner 18 yr olds I worked with checked all of the things you guys are mentioning. Every single vehicle had fluids, lights, tire pressure, brake pads and battery checked. And they were honest about it too. Any mechanical issues were only noticed if there was a leak that shouldn’t be there, which was also a part of the service, a full under carriage inspection. Hopefully that’s dealer specific and not a bigger problem amongst Ford cause leaving an empty coolant reservoir is so blatant.
Sponsored