No more fold down headrest in the backseats?

JKauf55

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Ordered a Big Bend back in January and took possession of it yesterday. Today I noticed it doesn’t have the button to fold down the headrest in order to fold the back row down seats…

Another thing Ford has eliminated??
Sponsored

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
I was bummed when I discovered this on my 2023. A thoughtful thing I was looking forward to that eliminated a little nuisance. (I’ve been wondering if I could talk a blue interiors or 2022 who didn’t care into a swap)

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
You can order them as others have said, but it's expensive - expect to pay $250-$300 if you order them new from a Ford dealer. Maybe if you have a pick-n-pull around or keep an eye on eBay you can get the headrests cheaper in time.

I fold and unfold the seats a lot, so I went ahead and spent the money to put the folding headrests in roast color in my 23 BS BL...

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
You can get folding headrests for about $50 on eVilbay if you're patient and watch for them. So glad mine came with that feature. Even when the seats are upright, I love the added visibility of the headrests folded down. Too bad you can't slap Ford with it as a safety issue. On my last truck, I just removed them and they spent most of the 15 years on the garage wall. Got almost 2/3 more window that way.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Do you have specific parts numbers for them?
Look in the thread I posted above. The part numbers and pictures of the labels on the boxes are all posted.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
Just to make it simpler, rather than manually reading from the image and copying it (and then making an ordering mistake by transposing a letter like I did):
For the 23 BS BL with premium package in Roast, the folding rear headrest parts are:
M1PZ-78611A09-EA​
Headrest, Outer (Driver side/Left)​
M1PZ-78611A08-EB​
Headrest, Outer (Passenger side/Right)​

I accidentally M1PZ-78611A08-EA instead of A09-EA and ended up with... a front headrest that I didn't need. Whoops.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Just to make it simpler, rather than manually reading from the image and copying it (and then making an ordering mistake by transposing a letter like I did):
For the 23 BS BL with premium package in Roast, the folding rear headrest parts are:
M1PZ-78611A09-EA​
Headrest, Outer (Driver side/Left)​
M1PZ-78611A08-EB​
Headrest, Outer (Passenger side/Right)​
Here is one data point for those part numbers … cost including shipping was $236.94 from Ford Parts America 14-Jun-2022

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
Hi do you have the part numbers? Did you purchase three?
Part #s are in post #12. The center rear headrest was never folding, not even in the 21s. The only reason I bought three headrests is I accidentally ordered a front headrest by mistake and then had to order the left/driver side rear folding headrest after.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Part #s are in post #12. The center rear headrest was never folding, not even in the 21s. The only reason I bought three headrests is I accidentally ordered a front headrest by mistake and then had to order the left/driver side rear folding headrest after.
Thank you, sorry to bother again.
Sponsored