No more fold down headrest in the backseats?

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
Just to make it simpler, rather than manually reading from the image and copying it (and then making an ordering mistake by transposing a letter like I did):
For the 23 BS BL with premium package in Roast, the folding rear headrest parts are:
M1PZ-78611A09-EA​
Headrest, Outer (Driver side/Left)​
M1PZ-78611A08-EB​
Headrest, Outer (Passenger side/Right)​

I accidentally M1PZ-78611A08-EA instead of A09-EA and ended up with... a front headrest that I didn't need. Whoops.
I'm being lazy here, but any idea what the part #s for black cloth ones for the big bend would be?! 🤣
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Without having to read back (yes, I'm that lazy), what is the issue with the headrests not folding?
Because folding down the rear seat headrests many times a week almost always involves moving the passenger seat forward. If you don’t need to fold down the rear seats often or if the front seats are kept far enough forward there’s likely no need for fold down rear seat headrests.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
As Dude said above - if you aren't frequently folding or unfolding the rear seats, it's not a big deal (or if the seats are so far ahead in the front that it doesn't matter). If you regularly have decently tall adults in either of the front seats, folding the headrests is easier than having to move to the front to move those seats forward, recline the rear seats, and then move the front seats back.

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You can order them as others have said, but it's expensive - expect to pay $250-$300 if you order them new from a Ford dealer. Maybe if you have a pick-n-pull around or keep an eye on eBay you can get the headrests cheaper in time.

I fold and unfold the seats a lot, so I went ahead and spent the money to put the folding headrests in roast color in my 23 BS BL...
They can get a little spendy on eBay too.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I keep my "non folding" ones off... no rear passengers very often... much better view in the rear view mirror!

Ford Bronco Sport No more fold down headrest in the backseats? 1685463815968
I took mine off to fold down my seats the other day and never put them back on.

Every day since when I drive to work I keep looking in my rear view mirror and wonder what looks so different and why I can see so much window. Now it makes sense.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
On my last truck, I just removed them and they spent most of the 15 years on the garage wall. Got almost 2/3 more window that way.
Considered doing just that. Not like they’re working for the dog’s head anyways. I didn’t think it was a big deal until home store visits last week where it seemed every box was just a bit too long to fit without folding down the seat.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I keep my seats folded down most of the time. I'm always hauling something. But, every once in a while I haul my grandkids. There isn't a good place to store the headrests when they are out, so they aren't in the vehicle. I was so impressed when I saw the fold down headrests on the one (2021) Bronco Sport they had on the lot. Seems like bait and switch. I am disappointed.
Sponsored