radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So even though I *JUST* got my Sport 2 weeks ago, it appears they aren't leaving the factory with the latest version of Sync. A quick check with my VIN on Ford's website shows that I had an upgrade available for SYNC3 v3.4.20282 (came with 20136 installed - with Nav, FWIW). I'm downloading now and will update with anything new/exciting/noteworthy... or if there's nothing to get excited about. Strange it was delivered with outdated SYNC software. ?‍♂
Sponsored

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
So even though I *JUST* got my Sport 2 weeks ago, it appears they aren't leaving the factory with the latest version of Sync. A quick check with my VIN on Ford's website shows that I had an upgrade available for SYNC3 v3.4.20282 (came with 20136 installed - with Nav, FWIW). I'm downloading now and will update with anything new/exciting/noteworthy... or if there's nothing to get excited about. Strange it was delivered with outdated SYNC software. ?‍♂
My guess is the hardware is programmed weeks in advance, prior to being shipped to the factory.

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
My guess is the hardware is programmed weeks in advance, prior to being shipped to the factory.
Yeah pretty common. My new Iphone had an old version of IOS when opened.

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
Question, does it download over the air or does it requires WiFi connection? Reading the manual is suggests setting up a WiFi home connection but I have not done that yet.

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Question, does it download over the air or does it requires WiFi connection? Reading the manual is suggests setting up a WiFi home connection but I have not done that yet.
You could do it that way, but since I’m in an apartment it’s easier to use the USB download method. I’ve found it’s quicker too.

Grandpargus

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Arcua
Just like computers that one buys-bring it home and software update is required.

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I guess I should be more careful with the final sentence of my post since that’s what the takeaway seems to be haha. I was mostly just wanting to alert folks that there was an update available!

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
Any idea why the update doesn't take? If I run my vin on the website it says that I'm eligible for the new version, but when I run the auto update it says I'm up to date... With 20136...

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
maybe your vehicle wasn’t connected to the internet. Which is why it might think it’s up to date..
Nope; I'm connected to my home WiFi. I can't get the USB update download to finish correctly, so I'm SOL for now.

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Nope; I'm connected to my home WiFi. I can't get the USB update download to finish correctly, so I'm SOL for now.
Are you on a Mac or PC? I had to switch to a PC to get the Sport to read the USB correctly even though I followed Ford’s instructions.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
I knew there was a newer version of Sync 3.4 out when the sport Launched, but to be fair, 136 was pretty new too and thats what got installed at the factory.

I have noticed 136 is kinda laggy, especially at startup.

282 from what I have seen is mostly more refinements and bug fixes. I am running this version on a 2017 ford escape on older hardware and it does very well. I am hoping it improves the same on the BS on the proper hardware no less.

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
Are you on a Mac or PC? I had to switch to a PC to get the Sport to read the USB correctly even though I followed Ford’s instructions.
I'm on PC. The issue is with the zip file download itself. It gets partially downloaded to my PC and then errors out.

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I do... It seems to be a network issue at home. I'll sort it out ?
I actually had this same issue. I had to keep restarting the download and it eventually downloaded error free.
Sponsored