RIVAL 4x4

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rival4x4usa.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Do we have any discounts from the Bronco Sport Forum?
Nice product by the way...
Absolutely, $50 OFF with code BSFORUM50 at the checkout :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
RIVAL 4x4

RIVAL 4x4

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rival4x4usa.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
We are experiencing growing numbers of orders for this Skid Plate, and we believe a big share of those are through the Forum, thank you for your trust.

To make the installation easier and smoother, please be gentle with our special insert nuts with wires - unfortunately the wires can break off, we are working on improving them. We are going to have replacements for you of course if that happens, but it's just to make everyone's life easier :giggle:

Ford Bronco Sport New RIVAL Aluminum Skid Plate For Bronco Sport a9038a15-d01d-4605-bbad-754e6ad802fc

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
We are experiencing growing numbers of orders for this Skid Plate, and we believe a big share of those are through the Forum, thank you for your trust.

To make the installation easier and smoother, please be gentle with our special insert nuts with wires - unfortunately the wires can break off, we are working on improving them. We are going to have replacements for you of course if that happens, but it's just to make everyone's life easier :giggle:

Ford Bronco Sport New RIVAL Aluminum Skid Plate For Bronco Sport a9038a15-d01d-4605-bbad-754e6ad802fc
Any plans to make a YouTube video showing installation? I thought it was just a bolt on part. Didn’t know about inserts and wires.

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
How stupid! Buy a 4 wheel drive semi off road vehicle and have to replace all the plastic with metal components!

vzepol

Big Bend
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Mine arrived yesterday. Installing this weekend. Will order the other plates when available. Protection is first for me .

Jonnie T

Badlands
First Name
Jonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Now In Stock!

New RIVAL Aluminum Skid Plate

Made from deep stamped 1/4-inch thick aluminum alloy.
Weight: 26 lbs.
Non-corrosive solution with No-drill installation.
Oil change port for your convenience.

Ford Bronco Sport New RIVAL Aluminum Skid Plate For Bronco Sport 2333.1883.1.6_Bronco Sport_1.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport New RIVAL Aluminum Skid Plate For Bronco Sport 2333.1883.1.6_Bronco Sport_2
Ford Bronco Sport New RIVAL Aluminum Skid Plate For Bronco Sport 2333.1883.1.6_Bronco Sport_3.JPG
How about something to cover up the catalytic converter as well?
Just a thought.

LV2ROAM

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks Rival for investing in the non BL builds of the Sport line up. Makes sense, since Ford decided to give us a plastic cover. I ordered mine yesterday and look forward to its delivery.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport

I had 3 of these nut inserts fail on me. No power tools were used. Two on each side and 2 larger ones at the rear of the plate. The larger ones are fine. They slot into the frame holes and you spread the wires to hold them in place. The issue I had was the bolts did not smoothly thread into the inserts. Pretty course threads, not cross threaded. Those wires are not strong and will spin around and break off. So thread the bolts into those nut inserts before installation to make sure everything goes smoothly.

I would love to install rivnuts but I think the factory holes are a little too big and some of them are not round.

hwildey

Big Bend
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had 3 of these nut inserts fail on me. No power tools were used. Two on each side and 2 larger ones at the rear of the plate. The larger ones are fine. They slot into the frame holes and you spread the wires to hold them in place. The issue I had was the bolts did not smoothly thread into the inserts. Pretty course threads, not cross threaded. Those wires are not strong and will spin around and break off. So thread the bolts into those nut inserts before installation to make sure everything goes smoothly.

I would love to install rivnuts but I think the factory holes are a little too big and some of them are not round.
Thanks for the update...sounds like a little bit of a trickier install than it looks.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
Do you have any plans for the Badlands edition of the Bronco Sport? For example replacing any of the existing skid plates with version offering more skid plate coverage or replacing any felt “skid plates” with metal versions? I think the Badlands comes standard with 4 skid plates but some say it is 5 skid plates.

If you are talking about the felt skid plates, those are just covers. There is a skid plate underneath those felt pieces if I read correctly.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.