Need quick favor - Show me heated steering wheel?

OP
OP
MattH88

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Found photos of the center stack online from a local dealer with BB+BB in stock. Not heated. Heavily considering placing a new order for a higher trim. Heated steering wheel was a specific selling point for me when I added that package. ?
Mine is leather wrapped, yes. Just not heated.

It wasn’t a major priority for me, but I was certainly under the impression I had paid for and would be receiving it. The BB is awesome, but this was disappointing.
Sponsored

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Mine is leather wrapped, yes. Just not heated.

It wasn’t a major priority for me, but I was certainly under the impression I had paid for and would be receiving it. The BB is awesome, but this was disappointing.
I’m going to agonize the next few days if I should give up my current order and go with an OB. If I do, the only item I want from the OB package is the moonroof, otherwise I’d go without.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Can you say where in the menu options it is? I have also getting a BB + BB so I am curious as well.
On our Explorer it is on the Climate screen in the upper left corner. I test drove a BL + BL yesterday and the heated wheel was on and great. I never took the time to see how it was operated. They couldn’t sell it to me or I would own it. I have to wait for my order to come in.

MiHusker

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Energi, Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Here’s shot of B&P tool, mentioning it when you add the BB package to the BB trim.

Ford Bronco Sport Need quick favor - Show me heated steering wheel? FA7242A0-E794-4E72-868E-DC30BB7A1508
Yes, but if you click the circled i, it only says Leather Wrapped. That doesn't mean the B&P page shouldn't be updated to accurately reflect that it isn't a heated steering wheel.

Ford Bronco Sport Need quick favor - Show me heated steering wheel? 1611094886138

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
I understand, there are many discrepancies on what is included on B+P.

If it makes you feel better the 1,600 paid for: power driver’s seat, heated front seats, power moonroof, reverse sensing system, leather steering wheel, and wireless charging pad. I know you thought you would get both but if you could only have one, heated seats warm you up much better and faster than the steering wheel
For what it's worth I had a heated wheel on my Explorer......leather was peeling after 1 year and it seemed to irritate the skin on my hand (rash).......problem went away after I sold it !!....lol

OP
OP
MattH88

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yes, but if you click the circled i, it only says Leather Wrapped. That doesn't mean the B&P page shouldn't be updated to accurately reflect that it isn't a heated steering wheel.

Ford Bronco Sport Need quick favor - Show me heated steering wheel? 1611094886138
Yes, I understand that. But if you are customizing piece by piece, this is what you see.
Seems a little odd to expect folks to click the “i” when they are clearly adding what they expect to be a heated steering wheel.

It’s awesome, I love it. But Ford essentially sold me something I didn’t get.

Ford Bronco Sport Need quick favor - Show me heated steering wheel? 6C796D49-0A6F-4F3D-BF1C-05CC09CBB2FC

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Yes, I understand that. But if you are customizing piece by piece, this is what you see.
Seems a little odd to expect folks to click the “i” when they are clearly adding what they expect to be a heated steering wheel.

Ford Bronco Sport Need quick favor - Show me heated steering wheel? 6C796D49-0A6F-4F3D-BF1C-05CC09CBB2FC
100% this!

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
For what it's worth I had a heated wheel on my Explorer......leather was peeling after 1 year and it seemed to irritate the skin on my hand (rash).......problem went away after I sold it !!....lol
My wife has her steering wheel and seat heat (on high) on from Nov -April with no issues on the wheel or leather seat.

OP
OP
MattH88

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
100% this!
@Shiskamba, well learn from me I guess. Not a bad case to take into your dealership and act *shocked* that your BB doesn’t have the heated steering and get a bit knocked off of your sticker price.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza

It’s also on the website showing the build/ ship date. My guess is if we can’t find a way to turn it on it’s probably a fuse away from working.
Ford Bronco Sport Need quick favor - Show me heated steering wheel? 53978DE5-3ED9-4F2B-A989-5985A65C7D3A

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
It’s also on the website showing the build/ ship date. My guess is if we can’t find a way to turn it on it’s probably a fuse away from working.
Ford Bronco Sport Need quick favor - Show me heated steering wheel? 53978DE5-3ED9-4F2B-A989-5985A65C7D3A
I started to guess at this as well... was looking yesterday at the parts website trying to spot various differences in the steering wheels used by Ford. Several listed heated, with or without paddle shifters or ACC. My question would be if included, how would you turn it on and off without the switch. I’m new to even the concept of Forscan

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I started to guess at this as well... was looking yesterday at the parts website trying to spot various differences in the steering wheels used by Ford. Several listed heated, with or without paddle shifters or ACC. My question would be if included, how would you turn it on and off without the switch. I’m new to even the concept of Forscan
The switch could be in SYNC buried in a menu...it's like that one some Fords (who knows why).

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Appears that way....I love my BB, but I am not exactly happy at the moment.
Same...I really wanted the full dashboard screen and heated steering wheel. However did not want leather seats. Hated that I had to pick my poison.

gcharles

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 XLT
Sorry for multiple edits on this - I am trying to figure this out.

Last week I took delivery of my BB+BB. On the B&P tool, it says the steering wheel is heated. However, I don’t see any way to turn it on. I am hoping I am just blind and someone with BB+BB can show me how to turn it on...but I am thinking that I took delivery of a BB+BB without that feature (and still paid the $1595).

Ford Bronco Sport Need quick favor - Show me heated steering wheel? 8596BC5A-557A-4DC5-B72F-C5BB8CBE14D6
No heated steering wheel with BB package, just leather wrapped.

Ford Bronco Sport Need quick favor - Show me heated steering wheel? BB pack.JPG

broncobuster2550

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Any one else with OCD that is driven crazy by the heated steering wheel being on the passenger side of the row instead of in the blank space between the driver's heated seat & - fan button!?!?! My head is going to pop, why did they do that!?!?! :angry:?‍♂
This cluster was originally designed for the Ford Kuga, so the engineers in Europe placed the button next to the (right hand drive) driver. The blank switch on the other side would be used for the heated windshield option on the Kuga. I've been trying to get them to change it =/
Sponsored