Naturally, the car arrived today…

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Built on 2/8 and the dealer still doesn’t know when the car will be here. Original delivery date 3/2-3/8. Now it’s looking like the 14th at the earli….arrived 3/9, today…of course
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tom 5778

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange OB, Factory Five Racing roadster
Built on 2/8 and the dealer still doesn’t know when the car will be here. Original delivery date 3/2-3/8. Now it’s looking like the 14th at the earliest.

The lack of transparency of what’s going on is unacceptable.

Really how hard is it to ship a car to San Diego? It looks like it’ll take at least 6wks now at best.

That is unacceptable. That and Fords lack of transparency is unacceptable as well.

There are countless stories like this on here.

I just want to know how the hell is it so hard to ship a car from a car lot in LA to North County San Diego, it’s hardly a 2hr drive.
I feel your pain. Mine was built at the same time as yours and I was told delivery between 3/8 and 3/14. I know I’m still in that window, but I never heard from Ford and only occasionally from the dealer. I used Ford’s website to track progress on the three random days each week it was up and running. When the status changed to “Final Preparation“ I emailed my salesperson only to find out several days later that they were no longer employed at the dealership. When I did get to my new salesperson I found out that my car was in Orlando and had been unloaded from the train. The CSX rail yard is about 12 miles from my dealer. One week later, and no word on when I can expect it. As an aside, I’ve been checking dealer inventory in a 100 mile radius. Last week the number of cyber orange Bronco Sports in inventory went from zero to 19. Looks like the Orlando area got a dump of Cyber Orange. Hoped mine was one of them.

Last edited:

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
FWIW, "Ford" has a pretty good idea of where inventory is nowadays (as recently as the early aughts, GM could lose 100 vehicles/month. It was surreal) and their customers can access that data. We're not ford's customers, tho. Dealers are, and some (most) are uninterested in "order process" (that's the job of their fleet department).
It would take a massive shift in the dealer body attitudes to embrace an order mentality... such as what one might find at a say, Porsche store...
Personally, I try humor. Or sarcasm to deal with this sort of thing.

OP
OP
AmazingSieve

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
FWIW, "Ford" has a pretty good idea of where inventory is nowadays (as recently as the early aughts, GM could lose 100 vehicles/month. It was surreal) and their customers can access that data. We're not ford's customers, tho. Dealers are, and some (most) are uninterested in "order process" (that's the job of their fleet department).
It would take a massive shift in the dealer body attitudes to embrace an order mentality... such as what one might find at a say, Porsche store...
Personally, I try humor. Or sarcasm to deal with this sort of thing.
Yes I agree, the ordering system was built to supply dealers who are much less invested in individual cars.

Ford is pushing custom orders before they have the ability to handle them like consumer orders versus cars made to fill dealership lots.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
I get the frustration, I was there waiting on mine as well. The time from built to delivered is the toughest as there are lots of unknowns. As far as why does it take this long to get from A to B, even when it's close, no idea, however let's also realize this is not ups or amazon and the system has never been setup to be as such. I was originally scheduled for delivery on 2/18-2/24, got pushed to 3/2 on 2/22 and then it was actually delivered on 2/26. You're in the final stretch, it will be there soon.

sweetwater

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Track your order. You can see where it is every day.
Go to Tracker at the top of this Forum.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yes I agree, the ordering system was built to supply dealers who are much less invested in individual cars.

Ford is pushing custom orders before they have the ability to handle them like consumer orders versus cars made to fill dealership lots.
Exactly so. Interestingly enough, the larger volume brands/dealers are the least likely to give good info.
Here's how it works: Large/influential dealers get burned over "customers" finding out info straight from maker. The contact corp, and presto, "tracking" vanishes until the next management group tries it again. I've seen it time and time again with more automakers than I care to recall...

OP
OP
AmazingSieve

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
What, no pictures yet? You've had what, 30 minutes?

(And the aforementioned tracker is now dead)
Really liking the orange Badlands badge with the alto blue

Ford Bronco Sport Naturally, the car arrived today… 282287D8-726F-4410-93F7-1A71151AC852

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Exactly so. Interestingly enough, the larger volume brands/dealers are the least likely to give good info.
Here's how it works: Large/influential dealers get burned over "customers" finding out info straight from maker. The contact corp, and presto, "tracking" vanishes until the next management group tries it again. I've seen it time and time again with more automakers than I care to recall...
That’s why I went with Granger. They have been very active on the Bronco forums and have been great to work with. Unfortunately, my 2 door is ordered through them as well and is a victim of the 2021 allocation change so it will be 2024 before I see that.
Sponsored