More noise since having wheels installed.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Yes they seem tight enough but I think I will bring it in tomorrow morning to get a balance and rotation done
Why not go right to putting on your old rims , that way you can eliminate the cause if it is the new rims . Maybe cost you a hundred.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cgui1971

cgui1971

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks man and I have 7500 miles on it and nothing seems to be wrong, the noise just may be usual noise..

Reactions: Jrl

RS Hill

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Does it have a similar sound of a creaking sound? Like a creak creak as the wheel rotates? Curious if there is play in the hub centric ring area. I've heard noise from that before.

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
I have noticed more noise since having Fuel Black Zephyr wheels installed. All same specs as stock except the offset is 25 instead of 37.5 on the stock and the width is 8.5 inches instead of 7 inches like the stock rims. Would this cause more noise ? What is the minimum offset I could have without it causing noise, if this in fact what is causing the noise.
Ford Bronco Sport More noise since having wheels installed. IMG_0273
more than 10mm change in offset, and 1.5" wider tire completely changes the steering geometry. My guess is you'll get more noise and feel it when you go around curves at speeds, and have a different feel on hard turns, even with power steering.

The wheels look cool though.

Reactions: Jrl

ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey @cgui1971 ! How many miles are on your Bronco Sport now?

We wonder if the the bigger, heavier Fuel wheels have had a negative effect on your wheel bearings. The factory Badlands wheels are around 20-21 lbs each last we checked, and the Fuel wheels in that size are around 33 lbs. each, a 57% increase in weight per corner for the wheels. Usually, if you hear a strange or clunking noise when cornering, or have a shaking steering wheel, it could be wheel-bearing related.

While you're getting a balance and rotation, ask the shop to check for any noticeable play with the wheel bearings - if the tech is experienced enough, they will know what to do. If there is noticeable play, then the wheel bearing may be on its way out.
I was thinking this but I would imagine the 18inch outerbanks wheels are a similar weight to the new wheels he has on now.

Shoot my fifteen52s with open countries seem super light compared to the factory 18s.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
more than 10mm change in offset, and 1.5" wider tire completely changes the steering geometry. My guess is you'll get more noise and feel it when you go around curves at speeds, and have a different feel on hard turns, even with power steering.

The wheels look cool though.
Very nice .

Ford Bronco Sport More noise since having wheels installed. C03500A8-1DC0-4476-B95C-FB4DDA559A6B

Ford Bronco Sport More noise since having wheels installed. E97E7F7C-D7FB-42CB-86B9-9E5F1D62DCF5

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Toyo AT III road noise reviews are all over the map.
Some say the Toyo's are quiet, others say they are noisy.

The extra noise could be caused by the altered width of the tire going from the 7 in wide rim to the 8.5 inch rim, intern causing a change in the tire harmonics, making them louder.

TSP Overland

Outer Banks
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Just out of curiosity, are you referring to the standard Badlands wheels or the “steelies” upgrade package wheels?
We updated our response. We were referring to the standard Badlands, carbonized gray aluminum wheels in 17" x 7". Those wheels are actually about 27 lbs each, scale dependent. The spare is closer to 20-21 lbs as Escape2Bronco weighed it.

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 Chevy c10, '22 Bronco Sport BL
Any update on all this? Also, do you have any other angles with the wheels on?

OP
OP
cgui1971

cgui1971

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Just out of curiosity, are you referring to the standard Badlands wheels or the “steelies” upgrade package wheels?
The carbonized wheels. Changed the wheels from Fuel Black Zephyr to Sparco Dakar and still have some noise so I am changing the tires today from Toyo Open Country AT3 to Nitto Nomad Grapplers and will update accordingly.

OP
OP
cgui1971

cgui1971

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Any update on all this? Also, do you have any other angles with the wheels on?
Changed the wheels from Fuel Black Zephyr to Sparco Dakar and still have some noise so I am changing the tires today from Toyo Open Country AT3 to Nitto Nomad Grapplers and will update accordingly.

ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
“width is 8.5 inches instead of 7 inches like the stock rims.”

Ok so your tires are wider correct?
More rubber on the road, more noise,
I bet your mpg’s will be different.
Noise is resistance.
I agree!

I have the open countries and they have quite a bit of road noise compared to my factory ob wheels/tires.

If they are noisier on highways and smooth roads I wouldn't worry it is probably just little air pockets between the tread.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
It's the tires. You have meaty aggressive tread, and as others have said, more of it on the road.

I love the Fuel wheels, by the way, and I've got even bigger tires on mine. And yes - I have substantially more road noise than the Pirelli Scorpion 225/ tires that came on the car. I don't mind the noise, at all. I accept it as coming with this set up.

Ford Bronco Sport More noise since having wheels installed. Lift1
Sponsored