First Name
Jonni
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shutterband.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I find that the forums and the internet in general is CRAZY with the BS Badlands. Its a great machine don't get me wrong. I have a OBX Edition and I did test drive the BSBL before I made the purchase. Now many of the features had been EXCELLENT! I just found the OBX better for the average person who wants creature comforts above a "standard" utility truck trim. The enhanced engine is no joke I must admit, but the poor gas mileage and laughable difference in torque rating is pretty disappointing as well. There is a difference but I find it hard to believe that Ford couldn't have done better with the 2.0T or at least put the 2.0T in the rest and a 2.3T for the badlands. The 2.3T is available for the ranger & explorer. With all this being said, love the BS no matter what trim we all happen to go with its about the journey it takes us on.
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I find that the forums and the internet in general is CRAZY with the BS Badlands. Its a great machine don't get me wrong. I have a OBX Edition and I did test drive the BSBL before I made the purchase. Now many of the features had been EXCELLENT! I just found the OBX better for the average person who wants creature comforts above a "standard" utility truck trim. The enhanced engine is no joke I must admit, but the poor gas mileage and laughable difference in torque rating is pretty disappointing as well. There is a difference but I find it hard to believe that Ford couldn't have done better with the 2.0T or at least put the 2.0T in the rest and a 2.3T for the badlands. The 2.3T is available for the ranger & explorer. With all this being said, love the BS no matter what trim we all happen to go with its about the journey it takes us on.
The 1.5 verses the 2.0 is a fleet gas mileage issue. Ford is wanting to sell as many 1.5 engine equipped vehicles as it can in order to meet the required fleet fuel mileage average that the government has placed on them without having to pay a fine. This includes all Ford vehicles across the board. There is the 5.0 Mustang, the trucks with a V8 that are included in the required fleet mileage average.

If they offered all BS's made with the 2.0, or as you stated, all have the 2.0 except the Badlands which gets the 2.3, they would most likely not meet the average fuel mileage put forth by the government, and be fined.

If none of this mattered, then lets push for a BS with the 5.0:like:

Last edited:

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
The 1.5 verses the 2.0 is a fleet gas mileage issue. Ford is wanting to sell as many 1.5 engine equipped vehicles as it can in order to meet the required fleet fuel mileage average that the government has placed on them without having to pay a fine. This includes all Ford/Mercury vehicles. There is the 5.0 Mustang, the trucks with a V8 that are included in the required fleet mileage average.

If they offered all BS's made with the 2.0, or as you stated, all have the 2.0 except the Badlands which gets the 2.3, they would most likely not meet the average fuel mileage put forth by the government, and be fined.

Think it would fit?

OP
OP
jonsfiend

jonsfiend

Badlands
First Name
Jonni
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shutterband.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The 1.5 verses the 2.0 is a fleet gas mileage issue. Ford is wanting to sell as many 1.5 engine equipped vehicles as it can in order to meet the required fleet fuel mileage average that the government has placed on them without having to pay a fine. This includes all Ford/Mercury vehicles. There is the 5.0 Mustang, the trucks with a V8 that are included in the required fleet mileage average.

Yes I stand by this throw a dang coyote engine in it and just send it... I'm almost kinda sure it might take the abuse?

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Displacement is not everything. It makes fun noises but it's wasteful and expensive. 1 liter engines do the work of American 5 liters of 30 years before. I'd rather see a reliable 250HP from the 1.5.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
two words.
Price Point.
People would bitch about another $5K on top of the MSRP. Buy one...or don't. It's frustrating.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
two words.
Price Point.
People would bitch about another $5K on top of the MSRP. Buy one...or don't. It's frustrating.
The difference in cost/price between the 1.5L and 2.0L is negligible, certainly far less than $5k.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands

Completely agree except Ford dropped Mercury many years ago. The 2.0 is a great engine. I had it in my Escape Titanium. Friend has it in his Edge Titanium.