Lug Nuts

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I just ordered some black chrome "OEM" ONE PIECE 12m x 1.5 bulge acorns. Should be here Wednesday. I'll post pics of the new vs removed and fit.
Sponsored

CaptainCanada

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
19mm vs 3/4" McGard covering their butt on the wrenches. 3/4" = 19.05mm

I personally have never trusted spare tire kits. I carry a 18" x 1/2" breaker and a 19mm long socket for the tire wrench.

The lug nuts are made of black chrome, not steel so another cover their butt, for that big guy that doesn't have a sense of strength.
Ford Bronco Sport Lug Nuts IMG_2865.JPG

The factory lug nut shown is a bit sloppy in the socket, but it would work unless the cap is damaged.

Ford Bronco Sport Lug Nuts IMG_2864.JPG
So I could still use these on steel rims just fine? (sorry im a noob lol)

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I think the issue may be where you live , salty winter roads & wild swings in temperatures may have something to do with the Lug Nuts breaking down . I remember a long time ago when I lived in Ohio , I did have an issue with one of the two piece Lug Nuts , don't remember what car or Truck it was on , but I got it off & replaced it . I had an 2005 F150 for 14 years & made many trips to Ohio in Dec. for Gun Deer season & if it had those type of Lug Nuts , I never had an issue .

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
  1. Improved design - this replacement lug nut changes the original two-piece design to one piece for greater reliability Unlike the steel cap lug nuts, our one-piece design doesn’t swell nor delaminate after exposure to moisture. Giving you peace of mind.
  2. Thoroughly tested - part has undergone proof load, salt spray, hardness, and thread check testing to meet strict standards
Amazon purchase For those looking for a reasonable alternative. Hard to beat $21 for a set of 20. Fit no issues. I handspun them on so they all grabbed and threaded perfectly. Used a torque wrench to 100FT/LB Now I feel like I need to use black touchup on the McGuard lock nuts. Not buying matching lugs, already paid $40 through the dealer for those when I bought the Bronco.
For those searching, the Lincoln MKZ premier trim 2018 uses the same fit, not a lot of places carry the Bronco Sport lugs specifically...but it's the same thing.

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  1. Improved design - this replacement lug nut changes the original two-piece design to one piece for greater reliability Unlike the steel cap lug nuts, our one-piece design doesn’t swell nor delaminate after exposure to moisture. Giving you peace of mind.
  2. Thoroughly tested - part has undergone proof load, salt spray, hardness, and thread check testing to meet strict standards
Amazon purchase For those looking for a reasonable alternative. Hard to beat $21 for a set of 20. Fit no issues. I handspun them on so they all grabbed and threaded perfectly. Used a torque wrench to 100FT/LB Now I feel like I need to use black touchup on the McGuard lock nuts. Not buying matching lugs, already paid $40 through the dealer for those when I bought the Bronco.
For those searching, the Lincoln MKZ premier trim 2018 uses the same fit, not a lot of places carry the Bronco Sport lugs specifically...but it's the same thing.
Aren't the MKZ M14 instead of M12?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Aren't the MKZ M14 instead of M12?
Based on the McGuards I bought at the dealership, they cross-reference to 2015-18 MKZ. Some showed as M14 oddly, but I knew the sport was 12M-1.5 and bulge style. Amazon showed fit for the MKZ and after they arrived as you can see it's the same lug as the OEM on my badlands
From levittown ford parts locking lug fitment.

2021FordBronco Sport
2018LincolnMKZ
2017LincolnMKZ
2016LincolnMKZ
2015LincolnMKZ

Last edited:

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just received this from DP Products. I had sent them a pic of the lug nut and the wheel.

"We really appreciate you sending over the images and information. It looks like Ford is using the exact same lug nuts that they use on the Focus/Fusion/Escape and a few other vehicles which is pretty typical for them. To be honest I expected that."

So looks like we have a lot of options. I will post when I receive my nut order.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I just received this from DP Products. I had sent them a pic of the lug nut and the wheel.

"We really appreciate you sending over the images and information. It looks like Ford is using the exact same lug nuts that they use on the Focus/Fusion/Escape and a few other vehicles which is pretty typical for them. To be honest I expected that."

So looks like we have a lot of options. I will post when I receive my nut order.
Probably a lot more than if you tried to match just bronco sport. And it's a lug nut...why not recycle

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Read through this thread a while ago and I eventually ordered some "Eisen" brand 12 x 1.5 lugs from Big Rainforest. I put them on today. I'd say they are functionally identical. I have to say, I do prefer the satin finish of the stock lugs to the pure chrome. But interestingly the stock lugs are like 18.5mm. Well, they're not a real 19mm anyhow, every 19mm I own is really sloppy on the two piece lug. So is 3/4 equipment, and 11/16 is too small. The replacement ones fit 19mm with no slop. If you look close, you can pick out the original with the different finish.
Ford Bronco Sport Lug Nuts IMG_20210620_205240446

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Read through this thread a while ago and I eventually ordered some "Eisen" brand 12 x 1.5 lugs from Big Rainforest. I put them on today. I'd say they are functionally identical. I have to say, I do prefer the satin finish of the stock lugs to the pure chrome. But interestingly the stock lugs are like 18.5mm. Well, they're not a real 19mm anyhow, every 19mm I own is really sloppy on the two piece lug. So is 3/4 equipment, and 11/16 is too small. The replacement ones fit 19mm with no slop. If you look close, you can pick out the original with the different finish.
Ford Bronco Sport Lug Nuts IMG_20210620_205240446
I'm thinking in the Pacific northwest this was a wise move.looks great. Honestly I doubt you can see a difference on the wheel.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have installed the lug nuts from DP Products (link is above) and all is good. They are black steel lug nuts and the oem lug wrench works fine.
Sponsored