sfitzzz31

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
My 2022 bronco sport big bend is making a loud screeching when backing out with my foot on the breaks. Brought it in to dealership and they said there is a fix. (New pins or something). They replaced them and same thing is happening. Now they are telling me ford knows about the issue but there is no fix. Says its a problem in all bronco sports, edge, and escapes. This is really unfortunate cause the truck was not cheap and it sounds like an old beater backing out of my driveway. Doesnt seem fair at all. Not sure what to do next. Contact someone in ford corporate? Really unacceptable
Sponsored

Ericnovitskiy

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Had the exact problem. The strange thing is it’s not constant for me. It sometimes just goes away for months. But for me at least it seems more common in the warmer months. Haven’t experienced this at all for the past 2 months. In September I took the car to the dealer. They sanded the brake pads and put a lubricant that prevents or stops the sounds. Well 10 days later it’s back, had to wait a month for my appointment didn’t know all of New England goes to 1 Ford dealer. Picked the car up at the end of the day lady told me they didn’t do anything and that I should just ignore it because Ford knows of these problems but has no solution. Don’t know is it the rotors or the pads. I thought it was just me with this problem because the people at the dealer looked at me like I was crazy when I told them what’s happening.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Hmmm…. Happens more in warmer months. Are all of your kids and pets accounted for? ;)

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Does it sound like a tug boat in a harbor horn? There is a caliper pin bushing TSB for that issue.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
My 2022 bronco sport big bend is making a loud screeching when backing out with my foot on the breaks. Brought it in to dealership and they said there is a fix. (New pins or something). They replaced them and same thing is happening. Now they are telling me ford knows about the issue but there is no fix. Says its a problem in all bronco sports, edge, and escapes. This is really unfortunate cause the truck was not cheap and it sounds like an old beater backing out of my driveway. Doesnt seem fair at all. Not sure what to do next. Contact someone in ford corporate? Really unacceptable
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Just got my OBX on January 11. Noticed that noise for the first time today. (Syracuse, NY =cold weather). Will see if it continues and address it if necessary.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Just got my OBX on January 11. Noticed that noise for the first time today. (Syracuse, NY =cold weather). Will see if it continues and address it if necessary.
Hello, Michael! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Send the Ford board member a private msg they will make sure the problem gets promptly fixed.

ShaneGTA

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport and a 2022 Edge ST
I'm glad you brought this up. I too have been having that issue. Doesn't happen all the time but when it does sound like a tug boat horn like mentioned above. I haven't reported it yet. Wasn't sure how to explain the noise. I find when I bring in vehicles for problems like this, it never happens to them. I thought it was a stuck piston in the caliper not releasing the pad all the way. It only happens when I'm backing out of the driveway.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Hello, Michael! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!
It has only happened once so far. My vehicle is brand new (100 miles). I'll drive it for a few weeks and then see if the situation persists. I'll let you know if it does.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad you brought this up. I too have been having that issue. Doesn't happen all the time but when it does sound like a tug boat horn like mentioned above. I haven't reported it yet. Wasn't sure how to explain the noise. I find when I bring in vehicles for problems like this, it never happens to them. I thought it was a stuck piston in the caliper not releasing the pad all the way. It only happens when I'm backing out of the driveway.
Yes backing up after sitting with tug boat horn in the harbor sound is caliper bushing TSB issue. Caliper not releasing brakes dragging then they get unstuck. Lots of threads on this forum with TSB number ect ect ect....

ShaneGTA

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport and a 2022 Edge ST
Yes backing up after sitting with tug boat horn in the harbor sound is caliper bushing TSB issue. Caliper not releasing brakes dragging then they get unstuck. Lots of threads on this forum with TSB number ect ect ect....
Yes I found the other comments/threads after seeing and responding to this one. Thanks for responding.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Try giving it a quick jab on the pedal rather than riding the brakes baking up. Stops the noise for the moment. Usually worse in damp weather.
Sponsored