Loud Rattle in Dashboard

Bronchette

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OB/17 Forester/90 Celica/98 Sierra/16 Silverado
So, I've been waiting to post this issue to make sure I did everything possible before bringing it to the group for thoughts/suggestions.

I live on a hill with a quarter mile, curvy, wooded, gravel driveway out in BFE. I knew early on if anything was going to come loose, the driveway test would bring it to the forefront. And surenuff, after the first week a large noticeable rattle presented itself on the right side. I didn't panic or lose my cool, I just went down the checklist and came back here to the forums for research.

Firstly and foremost, I made sure to put the issue on record at the dealership so if anything came of it later it would be on file. I don't want them taking anything apart before making absolutely sure it isn't a phantom rattle. Second; I checked everything that's been put in the side door (e.g. flashlights, pens, etc.) by removing them and taking a spin down the driveway. Third; after emptying the side door, next was the glove box. After all this, there was still the rattle.

That's when I came to the forums and researched all the dashboard rattles. Once I read myself to sleep, I had a different plan for the next day.

Now, it isn't easy to get up and down the driveway putting your ear to the right side of the dashboard but I was determined to dot all my "I"s and cross all my "T"s.

Stupid passenger visor.

The Driveway Test:
Ford Bronco Sport Loud Rattle in Dashboard 20210712_174209
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Easy fix!! Lucky for you!!
Simple and easy are not the same. I'm trying to nail down a B pillar rattle myself. What a PITA! I hope it ends up as simple as this, but I'm nearing the end of my road.

OP
OP
Bronchette

Bronchette

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Simple and easy are not the same. I'm trying to nail down a B pillar rattle myself. What a PITA! I hope it ends up as simple as this, but I'm nearing the end of my road.
I hope it does end up being simple for you. Those rattles will (can) drive you nuts, not just the sound, but the impending fear that something important has broken loose.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I hope it does end up being simple for you. Those rattles will (can) drive you nuts, not just the sound, but the impending fear that something important has broken loose.
My rattle like yours was something simple as well - a pair of sunglasses in the sunglass holder!

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had a rattle behind the screen, during my time trying to locate it I decided to install a phone holder that required removing the hvac panel, where I inadvertently found said rattle, a bolt had come loose and was rattling around. I probably spent a solid 5 minutes giving that bolt the death stare for annoying me for the last 3 months 😂

OP
OP
Bronchette

Bronchette

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a rattle behind the screen, during my time trying to locate it I decided to install a phone holder that required removing the hvac panel, where I inadvertently found said rattle, a bolt had come loose and was rattling around. I probably spent a solid 5 minutes giving that bolt the death stare for annoying me for the last 3 months 😂
LOL!!! "Death stare . . ." LOL!!!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
So, I've been waiting to post this issue to make sure I did everything possible before bringing it to the group for thoughts/suggestions.

I live on a hill with a quarter mile, curvy, wooded, gravel driveway out in BFE. I knew early on if anything was going to come loose, the driveway test would bring it to the forefront. And surenuff, after the first week a large noticeable rattle presented itself on the right side. I didn't panic or lose my cool, I just went down the checklist and came back here to the forums for research.

Firstly and foremost, I made sure to put the issue on record at the dealership so if anything came of it later it would be on file. I don't want them taking anything apart before making absolutely sure it isn't a phantom rattle. Second; I checked everything that's been put in the side door (e.g. flashlights, pens, etc.) by removing them and taking a spin down the driveway. Third; after emptying the side door, next was the glove box. After all this, there was still the rattle.

That's when I came to the forums and researched all the dashboard rattles. Once I read myself to sleep, I had a different plan for the next day.

Now, it isn't easy to get up and down the driveway putting your ear to the right side of the dashboard but I was determined to dot all my "I"s and cross all my "T"s.

Stupid passenger visor.

The Driveway Test:
Ford Bronco Sport Loud Rattle in Dashboard 20210712_174209
Hi there! I can look into your Bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

OP
OP
Bronchette

Bronchette

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there! I can look into your Bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
No worries! It was my fault as I didn't have the passenger side visor nested. No rattle!:)

jhnvan

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I have a rattle behind my screen as well. I would normally be taking everything apart but since warranty is still a thing right now, I'm gonna get my dealer to do it. They just aren't very fast usually at taking care of things. Even with an appointment, it takes all day before i get my car back.
Sponsored