Brakes making loud noise when backing up.

Dlyons

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021 Sport-Big Bend
We purchased a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Big Bend from Kreiger Ford in Columbus, Ohio. (November 2021)
We have had the vehicle in numerous times (6 times) for the noise heard from the brakes when backing up (It almost sounds like a moaning seal or something)
The Ford dealership in Columbus (Kreiger) and in Bellefontaine (Integrity) claim they never hear the noise. I even left the vehicle with them for the entire day one time. They have replaced the brake pads and have reset the brakes. It's still making that noise. I just want to be sure that the brakes are not being damaged. It just doesn't seem like that is normal.
I also have reached out to our salesperson to see if there are issues with these brakes on the vehicle.
What are possible next steps or what can/should be done to resolve this situation?
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
We purchased a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Big Bend from Kreiger Ford in Columbus, Ohio. (November 2021)
We have had the vehicle in numerous times (6 times) for the noise heard from the brakes when backing up (It almost sounds like a moaning seal or something)
The Ford dealership in Columbus (Kreiger) and in Bellefontaine (Integrity) claim they never hear the noise. I even left the vehicle with them for the entire day one time. They have replaced the brake pads and have reset the brakes. It's still making that noise. I just want to be sure that the brakes are not being damaged. It just doesn't seem like that is normal.
I also have reached out to our salesperson to see if there are issues with these brakes on the vehicle.
What are possible next steps or what can/should be done to resolve this situation?
There is a tsb on that .It is the caliber bushings rubber boots . They will fix , paid for by Ford . Look it up on this forum , you can see my post .

Ford Bronco Sport Brakes making loud noise when backing up. 8715443F-D817-4F3C-A306-5BEAAF739B73

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi Daniel. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

OP
OP

Dlyons

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a tsb on that .It is the caliber bushings rubber boots . They will fix , paid for by Ford . Look it up on this forum , you can see my post .

Ford Bronco Sport Brakes making loud noise when backing up. 8715443F-D817-4F3C-A306-5BEAAF739B73
Do I just tell them that is what it is? Do they know it's caliber bushings rubber boots?
Thanks for your help! Is this a defect?

OP
OP

Dlyons

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Daniel. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
VIN: 3FMCR9B69MRB31387
Dealership info: Krieger Ford
1800 Morse Road
Columbus, Ohio 43229
Salesman: Kevin Hunley (Purchase Date November 25th, 2021

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Reactions: Jrl

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Do I just tell them that is what it is? Do they know it's caliber bushings rubber boots?
Thanks for your help! Is this a defect?
FYI - even though there is a TSB for the brake squeal (it is a known problem to Ford) the parts for the fix are on back order and aren't expected to be available until sometime in early February at best.

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
FYI - even though there is a TSB for the brake squeal (it is a known problem to Ford) the parts for the fix are on back order and aren't expected to be available until sometime in early February at best.
Just curious to know how much damage this is causing? I've had my 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands for one year now and been dealing with this the whole time. My Bronco has been back to the dealership 4 times already and was told my parts would be in Nov 26th. Now that's changed.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Just curious to know how much damage this is causing? I've had my 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands for one year now and been dealing with this the whole time. My Bronco has been back to the dealership 4 times already and was told my parts would be in Nov 26th. Now that's changed.
Other ppl on this forum have had the rear brake noise TSB fix done so at some point they had the pin/bushing brake parts. Maybe they ran out of them? It appears the caliper is binding on the pins causing brakes to stay engaged hence the noise. One would think disassembling and greasing pins would work short term until the better pins/bushings are available. As for damaged its excessive wear on brake pads and rotors which can be replaced.

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
This may help some, but of course not everyone.
If you are using the brake auto hold function if you have it, turn it off. See if the noise persists. My wife was complaining about the loud noise last week. I checked it out and it was super loud. Turned the auto hold off and noise is gone.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This may help some, but of course not everyone.
If you are using the brake auto hold function if you have it, turn it off. See if the noise persists. My wife was complaining about the loud noise last week. I checked it out and it was super loud. Turned the auto hold off and noise is gone.
Had mine changed a month ago seems to be all good , I did get to see the old bushings and the new ones before install in my home by ford mechanic, there is a visible difference in the two . Interesting that you speak of the hold feature, I have used it ever since feb of 2021 . I do believe you have something there . Thanks

Ford Bronco Sport Brakes making loud noise when backing up. 2ACBB53C-5D0C-40B5-99B0-827C93851A44

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Had mine changed a month ago seems to be all good , I did get to see the old bushings and the new ones before install in my home by ford mechanic, there is a visible difference in the two . Interesting that you speak of the hold feature, I have used it ever since feb of 2021 . I do believe you have something there . Thanks
And they had the bushings to fix yours. Now ppl are reporting dealers say parts back ordered?

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I've had my Badlands for almost a year now. I've been keeping check on both the rotors and the brake pads and so far have not found and damage or excessive wear to either. The brake squeal is also known to occur mainly in humid/wet and cold conditions and when the vehicle is being operated in reverse. I've had mine back to the dealership on a few occasions, but they won't attempt any repair until the parts arrive since that is the only repair method that is authorized by Ford and is the only way that Ford will reimburse them for doing the work.

Drago77

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Not to reiterate what others have said, but I also have had issues with that noise. I had the brakes checked in the spring and was told they were fine. The service mechanic didn’t hear the noise. Since then the noise has only gotten louder, especially reversing on an incline. Just had it in and the service rep said it’s the calipers, but as was said earlier, they are on back order. I was assured this did not pose a safety hazard. Has anyone heard how long of a wait there is? I don’t care for the noise, but I’m also thinking there is more to it.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to reiterate what others have said, but I also have had issues with that noise. I had the brakes checked in the spring and was told they were fine. The service mechanic didn’t hear the noise. Since then the noise has only gotten louder, especially reversing on an incline. Just had it in and the service rep said it’s the calipers, but as was said earlier, they are on back order. I was assured this did not pose a safety hazard. Has anyone heard how long of a wait there is? I don’t care for the noise, but I’m also thinking there is more to it.
I waited about 4 weeks and then they came to my house and did repair . Took about a half hour , slide rubber bushing. Two per side . My opinion is it has something to do with that hold feature, which by the way is one of my favorites . Been fixed about 2 months now ,all good . Just a note , mine only started when it was18 months old .
Ford Bronco Sport Brakes making loud noise when backing up. 3D6E43CE-AD78-4793-865F-BA0EF96C14BC
Sponsored