Loud sound when hitting breaks going in reverse???

BB68

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've had my Bronco since last Jan. It's a 2021 model. Noticed right off the bat that the breaks made this loud noise when going in reverse. Thought it was bc the car was new and the breaks were new. Noise seemed to stop over time. Fast forward to the weather changing and the noise is back. Thought I saw something of a recall for breaks a while back. Here's a video with the sound. Anyone deal with this by chance??? Thanks.
Sponsored

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've had my Bronco since last Jan. It's a 2021 model. Noticed right off the bat that the breaks made this loud noise when going in reverse. Thought it was bc the car was new and the breaks were new. Noise seemed to stop over time. Fast forward to the weather changing and the noise is back. Thought I saw something of a recall for breaks a while back. Here's a video with the sound. Anyone deal with this by chance??? Thanks.
Known issue. This is all over the forum. Did you happen to search?

Whatheheck

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco sport, 21Mustang GT
Brakes from ā€œback in the day ā€œ. We had the recall done on the 21 but still does it. Not going to worry about.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Appreciate the passive aggressiveness instead of an actual answer.
I donā€™t think this is passive aggression. The best way to use a mature forum like this one is to assume your issue has already been discussed, and to nose around a bit before asking a question that may have already been answered. This saves everyone time, and avoids storing duplicate information in different places around the forum.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
My BRAKES have a noise. Time to take a BREAK.

This is the caliper pins sticking on rear BRAKES. There is now a TSB for this BRAKE problem.

Its her Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Ford Escape and Mercury Mountaineer
Try giving your dealership TSB 22-2326 (A Technical Service Bulletin is what Ford sends out to dealership service departments to educate the techs on known problems). My wifes Bronco does not do this but my Escape sounds sorta like a train horn when I back out at 4am to go to work.

OP
OP

BB68

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I donā€™t think this is passive aggression. The best way to use a mature forum like this one is to assume your issue has already been discussed, and to nose around a bit before asking a question that may have already been answered. This saves everyone time, and avoids storing duplicate information in different places around the forum.
Yet here you are writing me a book on how you would like me to behave in a car forum. Excuse me a "Mature forum". Comical. In the amount of time it took you to get on that soap box and pen that embossing paragraph you could've just sent a link to what I couldn't find myself.

OP
OP

BB68

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Try giving your dealership TSB 22-2326 (A Technical Service Bulletin is what Ford sends out to dealership service departments to educate the techs on known problems). My wifes Bronco does not do this but my Escape sounds sorta like a train horn when I back out at 4am to go to work.
Thank you. Will do. Appreciate it.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yet here you are writing me a book on how you would like me to behave in a car forum. Excuse me a "Mature forum". Comical. In the amount of time it took you to get on that soap box and pen that embossing paragraph you could've just sent a link to what I couldn't find myself.
"Mature" as in this forum has been around long enough to have a large store of knowledge which is easily searched. Clearly there are some users who lack maturity.

There are a lot of folks here willing to help, me included. You got good advice from Thomas and you needlessly shit on him for it. I'm not telling you how to behave, just offering some friendly advice; you can take it leave it.

I'm happy to give you some tips on searching the forum if you like.

Last edited:
OP
OP

BB68

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!
Will do. Thanks.

AutumnHawk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have a 2022 Bronco Sport and mine also makes a loud brake noise when I put it in reverse. It seems to happen only if it is cold and before I start driving the car around. I'll need to see if my dealer's service team can take a look at it I guess.
Sponsored