Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks.

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thule has measurements under the bar where the towers slide in, both sides need to read the same number and it's perfectly centered everytime without fail. You only need the tools provided, a tape measurer is not really needed for install
So was able to install pretty easily and so happy with the look! one thing I noticed after i was done was that the arrows on the footpad were not centered on the foot pads (a shade to the right/left). Do you think this will be an issue?
Sponsored

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So was able to install pretty easily and so happy with the look! one thing I noticed after i was done was that the arrows on the footpad were not centered on the foot pads (a shade to the right/left). Do you think this will be an issue?
*centered on the roof rails

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES

adkat

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
For those that got the Thule system, did you get the 53" or 60" crossbars?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Are these the 53" or 60" Thule crossbars?
i want to say they are the 53 inch. i can double check when i get home after work.

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Just installed some "universal" cross bars from Harbor Freight. They are 53" long, rated for 150#, and come ready to install for only $79. The only assembly was to adjust the over-hang, tighten the mounts, and tap in the end caps. Once on the car they seem really solid, and will certainly do what I need -- nothing fancy; also not $500-600.
I installed these on a Badlands with a moon roof, without a problem. Put the front bar just behind the glass on the closed moon roof; glass clears in all positions, though it might not go full open with a basket or object mounted. It looks like it would work in the "vent" position no matter what.
There is some overhang side-to-side as they come, but you could trim them prior to installation if it bothers you -- doesn't really bother me.
If all you need is some cross bars for once-in-a-while light use I can recommend these, and you can't beat the price!

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. thumbnail-2

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. thumbnail

ErikaFrzn

Big Bend
First Name
Erika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Sport, '15 Explorer, ‘22 Trail Boss
Just installed some "universal" cross bars from Harbor Freight. They are 53" long, rated for 150#, and come ready to install for only $79. The only assembly was to adjust the over-hang, tighten the mounts, and tap in the end caps. Once on the car they seem really solid, and will certainly do what I need -- nothing fancy; also not $500-600.
I installed these on a Badlands with a moon roof, without a problem. Put the front bar just behind the glass on the closed moon roof; glass clears in all positions, though it might not go full open with a basket or object mounted. It looks like it would work in the "vent" position no matter what.
There is some overhang side-to-side as they come, but you could trim them prior to installation if it bothers you -- doesn't really bother me.
If all you need is some cross bars for once-in-a-while light use I can recommend these, and you can't beat the price!

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. thumbnail-2

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. thumbnail
I was just looking at these a couple days ago and considering purchasing them. Glad to hear they not only fit, but seem to be of decent quality.
The only complaint I have is the color, I would prefer black.
I am unfamiliar with coatings, weather repellent, etc. Anyone have advice for a coating that won’t come off too easily?

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was just looking at these a couple days ago and considering purchasing them. Glad to hear they not only fit, but seem to be of decent quality.
The only complaint I have is the color, I would prefer black.
I am unfamiliar with coatings, weather repellent, etc. Anyone have advice for a coating that won’t come off too easily?
I imagine, if you were careful and masked well you could spray the gray parts of the brackets flat/satin black. The bars don't look bad in the unpolished aluminum -- at least with my carbon gray BS.

ErikaFrzn

Big Bend
First Name
Erika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I imagine, if you were careful and masked well you could spray the gray parts of the brackets flat/satin black. The bars don't look bad in the unpolished aluminum -- at least with my carbon gray BS.
they absolutely look good on your carbon gray sport in that finish, but wouldn’t match well with the cactus gray I have, at least imo.
would a hyperdip suffice, or just regular spray paint?

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they absolutely look good on your carbon gray sport in that finish, but wouldn’t match well with the cactus gray I have, at least imo.
would a hyperdip suffice, or just regular spray paint?
Think any paint or dip would end up scratched off over time. You might look into hanging the bars anodized — no idea how much $$$$$ that would be

ErikaFrzn

Big Bend
First Name
Erika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forget
Think any paint or dip would end up scratched off over time. You might look into hanging the bars anodized — no idea how much $$$$$ that would be
forget that, I'll just order the OMAC ones from Amazon

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I ordered this set and really like them. Easy to install. I used thread locker on the screws so they should never vibrate loose. They use the torx head screw with the pin in the center. If that makes a difference.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09331HZGB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

A little cheaper that the ones with the key lock
Do you have Outer Banks? I don't understand why this style of bars say they are not for BL OB or FE, I thought width was the same on all models

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Do you have Outer Banks? I don't understand why this style of bars say they are not for BL OB or FE, I thought width was the same on all models
The roof bars were different on certain trims in '21.
Sponsored