Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Do you have Outer Banks? I don't understand why this style of bars say they are not for BL OB or FE, I thought width was the same on all models
Yes, I do have an Outer Banks. The kit came with different rubber pads that adapt to roof rails. They were a perfect fit.
Sponsored

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. 1FF74219-29B0-47D2-9498-BC7EF4186283

OEM crossbars with Yakima Slim Shady awning. I like the higher stance of them however it seems to be most others biggest dislike. Also OEM in my research limits you to 39 inches of usable space to for attachments. Thule and Yakima with overhang and T slots allow for platforms or easy load kayak mounts. I’ve even seen ones with overhang use the optional mounts the awning came with to mount lower than the way mine is making for easier launching.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
The roof bars were different on certain trims in '21.
Are you saying that all trims have the same roof bars in ‘22 and that any cross bar that fits an OB, BB, Base will fit on BL? I’ve been trying to figure out what the difference was and why so many cross bars say they won’t fit on BL and FE.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Are you saying that all trims have the same roof bars in ‘22 and that any cross bar that fits an OB, BB, Base will fit on BL? I’ve been trying to figure out what the difference was and why so many cross bars say they won’t fit on BL and FE.
I believe the roof rails are shaped different on 21 BL and FE. Making the front a different width and or placement on the rail to accommodate the moonroof. In 22 the OB BL and FE have the same style rails which is why the 3 trim levels use the same OEM bars and why they are listed as having different needs.

JordanVaca

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. 1FF74219-29B0-47D2-9498-BC7EF4186283

OEM crossbars with Yakima Slim Shady awning. I like the higher stance of them however it seems to be most others biggest dislike. Also OEM in my research limits you to 39 inches of usable space to for attachments. Thule and Yakima with overhang and T slots allow for platforms or easy load kayak mounts. I’ve even seen ones with overhang use the optional mounts the awning came with to mount lower than the way mine is making for easier launching.

what tires do you have??

OP
OP
HugeGuyTheory

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Do you have Outer Banks? I don't understand why this style of bars say they are not for BL OB or FE, I thought width was the same on all models
I do have an OB. I read somewhere the FE had tapered rails. I could be wrong.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands and FE had different rails than Base, BB, OBX per the tech specs.
BL & FE - "Heavy duty roof rails with tied downs holes and available cross bars"
Base, BB, & OB - "Roof rails with available cross bars"

It appears that difference is only for MY21. MY22 all have the same roof rails.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
BL & FE - "Heavy duty roof rails with tied downs holes and available cross bars"
Base, BB, & OB - "Roof rails with available cross bars"

It appears that difference is only for MY21. MY22 all have the same roof rails.
The tech specs for '22 have the same verbiage. There seems to be a lack of clarity on what's what this year.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The tech specs for '22 have the same verbiage. There seems to be a lack of clarity on what's what this year.
In all the pictures here of BL models, I don't think I have ever been able to discern a difference. I've definitely never noticed "holes for tiedowns", not that I have been looking for them specifically.

madfella

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
thule !!!!!
Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. 21B6C541-E398-45F2-BC09-567B11EF9BDF

pricey tho.
versatile. everything from 2x4 to ikea boxes to rooftop tent.
Does the Thule Wingbar Evo come with the feet that attach to the factory roof rails? The website isn’t very specific.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Does the Thule Wingbar Evo come with the feet that attach to the factory roof rails? The website isn’t very specific.
No, you will want the raised rail kit. However, there are some aftermarket packages that include it or even used.