Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ok, I'm liking these the most. Going to do more digging on these.
The other big-name player is Yakima, with the "TimberLine Towers" and "JetStream" bars. Online fitment guide for Yakima: https://FitLookup.Yakima.com/

Worth exploring offerings from both Thule and Yakima, to figure out which system you want to buy-into, if you're going that route.

OP
OP
HugeGuyTheory

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So, using parts.ford.com local dealers have different prices. Bastards. I'm in michigan, looks like 1 dealer has the thule for $312. That's not a bad price.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
So, using parts.ford.com local dealers have different prices. Bastards. I'm in michigan, looks like 1 dealer has the thule for $312. That's not a bad price.
Can you use your Ford points to bring the cost down?

OP
OP
HugeGuyTheory

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Can you use your Ford points to bring the cost down?
Think I only have 5k left. Think that's like $5, haha. I'm going to call my local dealers and ask for their price. See if that route works. If not I'll bite the bullet on the $300.

Satch14

Badlands
First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks

Sprat

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2019 Acura RDX
I ended up buying the OEM ones (made by Yakima?) They do sit up rather high, but I have the power moonroof and it’s always open! I needed to make sure there was clearance for the up and back of said moonroof. I love the way they look and hope to really use them for a paddle board or my fox soft cargo bag in the future. Best of luck in finding the perfect set to meet your needs! There are so many choices and price points! I was able to use my Ford Rewards points.
Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. 3E3D07C6-B896-4C0B-8B52-44424678D8F6

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Ok, on everyone's advice I went with the Thule crossbars and picked them up at the dealer. Easy to put on and even comes with the locks. Off to home depot for some ratchet straps. Thanks for the advice.

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. 20210924_130852
I’ve been looking at getting those as well. How is the noise while driving? Also, did you have to order them through dealer or did they have them in stock already?

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Last edited:
OP
OP
HugeGuyTheory

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve been looking at getting those as well. How is the noise while driving? Also, did you have to order them through dealer or did they have them in stock already?
One dealer near me had them. I placed an order for pick up through parts.ford.com

I haven't noticed any noise so far actually. Only been on the highway twice (70mph) since I put them on. Didn't notice anything. Otherwise at 55 it's been silent. Already used them for a load of wood and transporting ladders around. Very happy. Side note, the dealer kit included the locks.
Sponsored