Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
forwards or backwards, lol, they haven't failed me yet. I like the 'Thule' logo facing forward rather than backwards anyways.

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
One dealer near me had them. I placed an order for pick up through parts.ford.com

I haven't noticed any noise so far actually. Only been on the highway twice (70mph) since I put them on. Didn't notice anything. Otherwise at 55 it's been silent. Already used them for a load of wood and transporting ladders around. Very happy. Side note, the dealer kit included the locks.
Nice! Exactly what I needed to know. So the kit includes everything needed for install? Was install easy enough to DIY? Thanks again for all the info!

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Nice! Exactly what I needed to know. So the kit includes everything needed for install? Was install easy enough to DIY? Thanks again for all the info!
Typical rack-rail kits require the purchaser to supply some towels or blankets to temporarily protect the roof during installation itself, unless you have a spotter-person handy in addition to the person helping place the rails in the right spots.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I installed mine. I had no problems installing them myself. Lots of back and forth to line them up. Been up for a couple of months. Still waiting on my canoe.....

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it’s super simple. didnt take long at all.
plus the straps are rubber and wont scratch anything.

OP
OP
HugeGuyTheory

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Super easy. Only need a tape measure so you can make sure your centered and even. Nothing else.

Digitalexcess

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ok, on everyone's advice I went with the Thule crossbars and picked them up at the dealer. Easy to put on and even comes with the locks. Off to home depot for some ratchet straps. Thanks for the advice.

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. 20210924_130852
Those look great. How long are the bars, and are they the same length?

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
One dealer near me had them. I placed an order for pick up through parts.ford.com

I haven't noticed any noise so far actually. Only been on the highway twice (70mph) since I put them on. Didn't notice anything. Otherwise at 55 it's been silent. Already used them for a load of wood and transporting ladders around. Very happy. Side note, the dealer kit included the locks.
How far back did you place front bar from windshield? Thule on gives distance between the 2 but not placement for front bar

OP
OP
HugeGuyTheory

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
How far back did you place front bar from windshield? Thule on gives distance between the 2 but not placement for front bar
You can put them where you need them to be for your application. You can always change it depending on what you're using them for. This is where I put mine.
Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. 20211101_124424

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
forwards or backwards, lol, they haven't failed me yet. I like the 'Thule' logo facing forward rather than backwards anyways.
But then they don't function aerodynamically (reducing wind noise) as they should.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But then they don't function aerodynamically (reducing wind noise) as they should.
no noise at all. worked perfect, and they never moved a centimeter through our entire trip. they are gonna come off soon for the winter anyways. no concerns here.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thule has measurements under the bar where the towers slide in, both sides need to read the same number and it's perfectly centered everytime without fail. You only need the tools provided, a tape measurer is not really needed for install
Sponsored