Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I don't understand the engine cover obsession. Provides zero benefit.
Possession, itā€™s all about possessing something that others may want or have and you donā€™t.
Can you imagine you open your hood and your buddy says, ā€œAww you didnā€™t get an engine cover, but I got mine!ā€
The Horror, the Horror of it all~~
ā€˜Apocalypse Nowā€™

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Wait until they realize the insulated passenger panel is no longer there! šŸ˜±

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ford Build and Price still shows engine cover in all the engine pictures. Then your new sport shows up surprise no engine cover. But at least it doesn't cost too much to add and they are available most of the time.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Ford Build and Price still shows engine cover in all the engine pictures. Then your new sport shows up surprise no engine cover. But at least it doesn't cost too much to add and they are available most of the time.
The New World Order.
You buy a new vehicle,
You have to finish building it.
If Ford would clean up, reorganize that RATS NEST of tubes and wires on top of the motor and make it all look somewhat cool the engine cover could fade into history like. Wing vents, bell bottoms and platform shoes. ;ā€™P
Ford, knock knock, are your bots listening?

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
The New World Order.
You buy a new vehicle,
You have to finish building it.
If Ford would clean up, reorganize that rats nest of tubes and wires on top of the motor and make it all look somewhat cool the engine cover could fade into history like. Wing vents, bell bottoms and platform shoes. ;ā€™P
What if Ford changed engine pictures on their web site without engine cover bunch of spaghetti tubes hoses all over the top?

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
What if Ford changed engine pictures on their web site without engine cover bunch of spaghetti tubes hoses all over the top?
At least people would know what their getting if they did haha. šŸ˜…

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
The difference between the Build Tool and other Ford photos and what people receive is definitely part of the problem.

Another issue is the 'decontenting' Ford and other mfrs have been doing.

A third factor is supply chain issues.

Supply issues are of course generally not Ford's fault. They should however make a serious effort to provide the missing parts to the owners ASAP.

Needless to say, Ford is free to build vehicles however they see fit. If they want to delete features and parts that were on previous models, that's their call to make -- but they should clearly state which changes have been made, not just hope buyers do not notice. People expect vehicles to gain features from year to year -- not lose them.

Being up-front about decontenting would eliminate most of the hard feelings and complaints.

The discrepancy between Ford's photos and reality is the most concerning. It is perfectly reasonable for buyers to expect the vehicle they purchase to be as pictured on the mfr's website and/or in promo materials.

One example is the rear headrests. 2021 models had them, and they were shown in photos of the 2022 BS -- the BL for sure. Instead, our BL came with fixed headrests. I'm fully aware that's a "First World" problem. I know some people aren't concerned about the fixed headrests -- they remove them and store them somewhere; they rarely fold down the rear seats; or they do frequently fold the seats, but the front seats are far enough forward that they aren't an obstruction.

That's understandable, but beside the point. When a person purchases a new car -- any product really -- they expect it to be complete, to have all of the parts it is supposed to come with. If a part(s) is missing, the mfr should supply it. That should go without saying.

(That may not apply to the engine cover, which I understand was deleted by Ford -- and presumably announced).

Bottom line -- none of the missing parts are uber critical. It's the principle involved.

Last edited:

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Bravo well said. I raise my glass to you. Itā€™s only water as I donā€™t recommend drinking alcoholic beverages.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I got no engine cover, hood insulation or the panel under passenger compartment. It was all made good though when I opened my center console and found this!

Ford Bronco Sport LOL! Maverick owners complaining about discontinued engine cover too PXL_20230509_174946463

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
I got no engine cover, hood insulation or the panel under passenger compartment. It was all made good though when I opened my center console and found this!

Ford Bronco Sport LOL! Maverick owners complaining about discontinued engine cover too PXL_20230509_174946463
That old saying ā€œa pen in a console is worth more that all that crap under the hood nobody looks at any way unless you are having engine trouble or need to refill your fluidsā€
Not really a saying but you get the point (pun intended)

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Well, over on the Faceplace group, people are saying their '23's didn't come with the rubber strip at the sides of the hood. So if that's happening, that'll be the latest decontenting. Soon Pick 'į“Ž pull will be cheaper than the parts counter, even with Ford points.
Sponsored