TheNurm

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Eruption Green
I know the popular thing to do is put KO2s or Falken AT4s on the Bronco Sport, but for a vehicle that is a daily driver and a sometimes off roader, does that really make the most sense?
does anyone have any experience with some of these Tires?

Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail
BFG Trail Terrain T/A
Nitto Nomad Grappler
I think there is a Nitto Recon or something too....
Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus?

Just looking for input as I will be putting a mild lift and buying new tires this coming fall.
Ford Bronco Sport Lighter Off Road Tires tires
Sponsored

CactusBS

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have the Wildpeak A/T Trails in 235s, I've had them on the car for a little over 8 months now (roughly 10k miles), and cannot complain at all. They have been a great commuter tire with little to no noise addition and had plenty of grip on wet or icy roads. I cannot speak too much on off-road capabilities but will be putting them to the test this summer :cool:

Bt_okst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 bronco sport obx
I have the Wildpeak A/T Trails in 235s, I've had them on the car for a little over 8 months now (roughly 10k miles), and cannot complain at all. They have been a great commuter tire with little to no noise addition and had plenty of grip on wet or icy roads. I cannot speak too much on off-road capabilities but will be putting them to the test this summer :cool:
Exactly what I have ordered for mine and these Ford Performance Wheels

Ford Bronco Sport Lighter Off Road Tires 1707759678277
Ford Bronco Sport Lighter Off Road Tires 1707760134917

I have the wildpeak AT trail tire on two other vehicles and unless you are doing serious off roading, they are great. Best hybrid AT/road tire out there, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Austin704

Badlands
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
The BFG Trail Terrain weigh only 29lbs in 235/65R17 size. That's lighter than the OEM Falken Wildpeaks at 31lbs and fully 10lbs lighter than the Falken WP A/T4. My choice would be the BFGs TT in original size rather than 245.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Big fan of BFG generally but I'd put into consideration the General Grabber APT.

I had Grabber 2s, KO2s, and Goodyear Duratracs on my Tacoma- the Grabber was the lightest and quietest aside from the Goodyears, and wore the best. The APT is a light truck/suv tire more geared to on-road than not and it weighs less than the BFG by 5lbs.

OP
OP
TheNurm

TheNurm

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Eruption Green
Big fan of BFG generally but I'd put into consideration the General Grabber APT.

I had Grabber 2s, KO2s, and Goodyear Duratracs on my Tacoma- the Grabber was the lightest and quietest aside from the Goodyears, and wore the best. The APT is a light truck/suv tire more geared to on-road than not and it weighs less than the BFG by 5lbs.
Thank you, I'll look at those too!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The BFG Trail Terrain weigh only 29lbs in 235/65R17 size. That's lighter than the OEM Falken Wildpeaks at 31lbs and fully 10lbs lighter than the Falken WP A/T4. My choice would be the BFGs TT in original size rather than 245.
Seems like the websites must vary the weights. According to Discount tire, the BFG Trail Terrain and the OEM Falken WildPeaks are both ~31 lbs for the 235/65-17 and the Falken AT4w’s are 38. Maybe their own websites show them varying.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On BFG’s website they also vary in weight, the ones with raised white outlined letters are 7 lbs heavier than the ones without!

Ford Bronco Sport Lighter Off Road Tires IMG_1073

Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
I know the popular thing to do is put KO2s or Falken AT4s on the Bronco Sport, but for a vehicle that is a daily driver and a sometimes off roader, does that really make the most sense?

BFG Trail Terrain T/A
Nitto Nomad Grappler

Just looking for input as I will be putting a mild lift and buying new tires this coming fall.
If memory serves me right, I paid $752 for 4 Trail Terrain T/As 4 weeks ago at tire rack

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I buy most of my tires from Tire Rack. I love their user survey ratings by performance categories, and the detailed specs on tires and rims. Make sure to check on the *weights* of tires you’re considering. Some tires, especially A/T tires, are crazy heavy. In a tire rack site search, hit ‘Compare’ after selecting a few candidates, then click on ‘Advanced Specs’ (IIRC) to see tread width, section width and weight. See my sigblock for what I run.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If memory serves me right, I paid $752 for 4 Trail Terrain T/As 4 weeks ago at tire rack
If you can still get them, I would opt for the Falkens AT3w 235/65-17. They were designed specifically for the Sport. They are being replaced now by the AT4w’s but not on the Sport. They are 7 lbs heavier than the AT3w’s that Ford currently offers as the optional tires. They are 180 at Discount Tire and the same weight of the BFG Trail Terrains depending on version.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I buy most of my tires from Tire Rack. I love their user survey ratings by performance categories, and the detailed specs on tires and rims. Make sure to check on the *weights*
I've found a couple instances where TireRack's specs are different from those listed on the manufacturer's website. I don't know where/how the disconnect occurs, but consider checking specs at the manufacturer's site before making any decisions.

Last edited:

The_Jimmer

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

BFG Trail Terrain T/A
Nitto Nomad Grappler

We have the Trail Terrains on my Outer Banks and love them for an everyday take the kids to school and doctors appointments etc.. etc..
Ford Bronco Sport Lighter Off Road Tires IMG_0575
Sponsored