Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I get out and open hatch for grocery store pickup. I do not need them scratching car or hitting glass button or who knows what else. They do not know so best to get out open it yourself.
I did that till it got cold at that pointed I hated waiting with it open. Wind seems to always be blowing straight in made it brutal.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I did that till it got cold at that pointed I hated waiting with it open. Wind seems to always be blowing straight in made it brutal.
I did it until I brought home three bags of groceries when wife ordered seven bags. Now she goes to pick them up...

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I never knew that button was there till ya'll posted up but I see it now thanks

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
I’m sure it’s one of those they can’t add everything. But they had the foresight to add a button for the hatch but not have it automatically open. I love that feature on my Caravan for grocery pickup. Person loading my car never has to touch it. I will definitely be getting out to open the door myself with the new one. Don’t want that glass opening accidentally.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
I had to go out and check to see if I have this button or not. Nothing I use so I didn’t know. What do you know? It’s there. I suppose this thread will grow to over 600 posts like the engine cover one with a number of owners outraged at the fact that they don’t have it. BTW I have the engine cover also. ?

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
We had that button on our Focus but never used it. Doubt we'll use it on the BS either, but ya never know.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
My wife's BS/BB built 6/9/21 has the hatch release button. I had to go take a look since when I asked my wife she did not even know it was there. BTW our BS doesn.t have the engine cover.
Ford Bronco Sport Liftgate Interior Button Missing? 100_1836.JPG

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
My wife's BS/BB built 6/9/21 has the hatch release button. I had to go take a look since when I asked my wife she did not even know it was there. BTW our BS doesn.t have the engine cover.
Ford Bronco Sport Liftgate Interior Button Missing? 100_1836.JPG
Maybe these are the Engine Cover release buttons. :crackup:

fkent

Badlands
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F350, 2022 Bronco Sport BL, 1974 MGB
My BL has one, just picked on 12/21.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
They took it out about the same time as the engine covers went poof.

Believe me when I say, the button isn't that useful. You can just open the liftgate from the back anytime this button would also work. If you use the button and then get out, the gate will re-latch (ajar) before you can get to it and then you have to hit the release anyhow. Someone once said it was good for curbside which I guess is possible if you really have zero effort goals. Seems like could be a nice option as long as you trust the loader to not hit the glass release while opening it, but then they could just hit the right button and open it from back there in the first place. Or you could get out and open it for them instead of relying on someone else to operate your vehicle and possibly misoperate or break it.
I agree. I have the lift gate button on my OB, but like previous posters have said; it's pretty useless. I pop it and get out to open my gate because I don't trust that someone will know how to open it. Plus I always close my liftgate too... at that point I just load my own groceries too ?

IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
We have an OB delivered 1st week of March 2021 and ours has the hatch unlock button on the lights control panel.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Maybe these are the Engine Cover release buttons. :crackup:
Or maybe a speed brake button for those with pending brake recall ??:shock:

Oh wait, it just unlocks - does not lift.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's nearly useless; if you pop it will someone else is waiting, they should see/hear that and hopefully be able to figure out how to open it without pressing any more buttons. Or stand there wondering why it isn't swinging open...or telling you "your power hatch is broken...". I haven't had the problems described above, and do find it marginally useful instead of fumbling for the key fob or fumbling around under there for the button (which is not hard, but still easier to push the dash button). I DO HAVE, and am annoyed by, the problem with the hatch not unlocking and opening with the key in my pocket! It should work, but instead have to walk around to the the front, touch the handle to unlock, then walk back and pop the hatch open. Annoying! The REAR GLASS workst exactly as advertised, still! It worked as advertised with the hatch for a couple of weeks when new, then stopped and has worked (or, not worked) as described above ever since. I wonder if an over-the-air update put a stop to that...?
Sponsored