PaulyDoubleD

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB delivered January 2021
I think i finally solved this issue. I have been messing around with it for weeks trying different things, Last night i decided to using the key fob to open the lift gate i hit the button 2x it opened i closed it locked the truck and tried the button and to my surprise and joy it opened! I hope this works for other people, I know i missed being able to open the hatch without having to unlock the truck first.
This just worked for me, too. Even after the latest Sync updates, the issue was not resolved. But simply doing this restored the proper functioning of the tailgate proximity unlock feature. I'll report back if it stops working again.
Sponsored

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I think i finally solved this issue. I have been messing around with it for weeks trying different things, Last night i decided to using the key fob to open the lift gate i hit the button 2x it opened i closed it locked the truck and tried the button and to my surprise and joy it opened! I hope this works for other people, I know i missed being able to open the hatch without having to unlock the truck first.
I just tried this and the hatch releases, but doesn't open?

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Didn't work for me.

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
Tried it, seems to have fixed it for me as well.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
There is not a power lift gate available. Once released by pressing button on lift gate, the lift gate will have to be manually opened.
That's what I thought. Don't see much advantage in fishing the keys out of my pocket when I can just unlock with my hand.

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
This worked for me too! Thank you!

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This worked for me too and has been working ever since. Thanks for the fix.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I think I tried this and nothing changed for me but I have a theory. When you lock your doors, or tailgate, just in general, do you use the fob? Or the door touch locks? I use the door handle touch locks pretty exclusively as the only time I ever have the fob out is to autostart the thing in the morning, (since I never know exactly when I'm gonna leave I can't rely on the app) so if you're locking with fob, that might be the only way of getting the lift gate to recognize and auto unlock.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I think I tried this and nothing changed for me but I have a theory. When you lock your doors, or tailgate, just in general, do you use the fob? Or the door touch locks? I use the door handle touch locks pretty exclusively as the only time I ever have the fob out is to autostart the thing in the morning, (since I never know exactly when I'm gonna leave I can't rely on the app) so if you're locking with fob, that might be the only way of getting the lift gate to recognize and auto unlock.
For sure I felt that the fob maybe confused the intelligent access as thats my primary entry into the vehicle. I would guess you’re onto something.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I think you solved my problem! I usually lock my BS with the fob and when I would try to open the liftgate by pressing the button on the liftgate, it wouldn't work. I should try locking my BS with the door touch pad, then see if the liftgate will open with the button on the liftgate.

I just get paranoid that my doors aren't locked when I use the door touch pad to lock them.

DonD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hyundai Sonata,1989 Bronco II
I primarily lock the doors from the inside door button when I get out of the truck. i rarely use the door handle and never user the Fob. I think there is something to your theory though.
For sure I felt that the fob maybe confused the intelligent access as thats my primary entry into the vehicle. I would guess you’re onto something.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Interesting, I just figured that the lift gate didn't open with proximity while the glass did. I almost never use the fob. I figured it was a "feature" like Apple used to roll out all the time :)

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I tried this a week ago and have been trying it every day to see if it still works, and it does. The last try was outside the supermarket an hour ago.

Definitely fixed it for me.

Sensei

Big Bend
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
You would think that with our ability to lock the fob in that you shouldn't be able to proximity the liftback. If the FOB is in the truck it is in proximity that anyone can open your lift back. Or am I just think wrong and shouldn't be locking my FOB in the truck? Cause that is what i use the code entry for.
Sponsored