PaulyDoubleD

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB delivered January 2021
Does anyone have a solution for the rear liftgate Intelligent Access unlocking issue? That is, the glass will unlock upon going near the tailgate of a locked Bronco with the key (Intelligent Access) and pressing the glass button, but the liftgate will not unlock the same way. It did when I first got the Bronco in January. Now it does not. If I open a door with Intelligent Access or unlock from the remote the tailgate unlocks. But not automatically upon presense of the key at the tailgate on the first press of the tailgate button. I see others complaining of the same issue in other forums with no solution. Firmware is up to date and updates made no difference, but probably caused it at some point since January. Thanks if anyone has a fix for this before I take it to the dealer for service.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'll figure out what I did/didn't do but mine opens with proximity. Noticed it by "accident" mountain biking the other day. Went to push on the gate opener and pop...it opened.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Stopped working on mine same day I did the update to sync, But there was a thread discussing it related to update so I never looked for a work around. guess it may have to wait for next update to patch it.
Odd...I also did the synch update, still works. Next patch may solve your issues.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Regrettably I hadn't paid attention to any updates status but, I wasn't originally aware of this intelligent unlocking at the tailgate and hatch window. It was working normally and then, 1 day the same as reported here -- the hatch wouldn't be unlocked while the glass would be, with the key in proximity. FOR ONE DAY -- then it resumed normal operation for both the next day and since -- but I have no explanation for it.

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Does anyone have a solution for the rear liftgate Intelligent Access unlocking issue? That is, the glass will unlock upon going near the tailgate of a locked Bronco with the key (Intelligent Access) and pressing the glass button, but the liftgate will not unlock the same way. It did when I first got the Bronco in January. Now it does not. If I open a door with Intelligent Access or unlock from the remote the tailgate unlocks. But not automatically upon presense of the key at the tailgate on the first press of the tailgate button. I see others complaining of the same issue in other forums with no solution. Firmware is up to date and updates made no difference, but probably caused it at some point since January. Thanks if anyone has a fix for this before I take it to the dealer for service.
You’re definitely not alone. Same failure to ‘proximity unlock’ the liftgate after working flawlessly since January.

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
You’re definitely not alone. Same failure to ‘proximity unlock’ the liftgate after working flawlessly since January.
As others have observed, this issue seems to have surfaced after the SYNC 3.4.21098 update began pushing out (May-ish). I know for myself that was around the time I first noticed this no longer worked.

It would be interesting to know if someone is on a different version of SYNC and is still seeing the problem...

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Mine is doing this too minor inconvenience. I can push a button lol.

it seems to be intermittent though which is odd.

Last edited:

Slewis95407

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Sylvansport Go, 2012 Focus
As others have observed, this issue seems to have surfaced after the SYNC 3.4.21098 update began pushing out (May-ish). I know for myself that was around the time I first noticed this no longer worked.

It would be interesting to know if someone is on a different version of SYNC and is still seeing the problem...
Mine happened after sync 3.4 21020 updated mid June purchased BB June 1

Slewis95407

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Sylvansport Go, 2012 Focus
Updated sync 3.4 21020 to 3.4 21098. Lift gate works properly again.

Last edited:

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
A word of caution on hatches with a lift glass. If the glass is not latched good and the hatch is slammed it can fracture the glass. When I pick up orders at Walmart I watch the folks. They always seem to struggle with getting the hatch open. I usually just get out and do it.

DonD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hyundai Sonata,1989 Bronco II
I think i finally solved this issue. I have been messing around with it for weeks trying different things, Last night i decided to using the key fob to open the lift gate i hit the button 2x it opened i closed it locked the truck and tried the button and to my surprise and joy it opened! I hope this works for other people, I know i missed being able to open the hatch without having to unlock the truck first.
Sponsored