Keyless entry on all doors?

DonD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hyundai Sonata,1989 Bronco II
Has anyone found a fix for this yet? It just started happening to me. I tried the fix above and it didn't work. It wouldn't be so bad if this is the way it's supposed to work but i got use to just opening the lift gate without have to unlock.
Sponsored

MTBabyBronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Has anyone found a fix for this yet? It just started happening to me. I tried the fix above and it didn't work. It wouldn't be so bad if this is the way it's supposed to work but i got use to just opening the lift gate without have to unlock.
Ours worked for a while, stopped working for a few weeks, and is now working again. I did apply the Update available via the Sync 3 system. Not sure if it was a coincidence but it seemed to be around the same time that it started working again.

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
All these same things happen to me. Seemed to happen after the latest SYNC3 update. Tried the keypad method above and other methods to no avail. The only thing that worked for me was getting the system to register the multiple honks when locking. Tried it immediately after and it has worked so far. Unlocked and locked again to confirm and it is still working.....so far.

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Hi! This just started for me today as well, worked fine ever since we had the car on 04/22/21 and today it wouldn’t work. Same issue as everyone else. Liftgate won’t work, but glass does. When you hit the liftgate button the amber lights flash, but nothing else. I would love if anyone had a fix to this or any other tips or tricks to get it to work. I have tried everything in this thread plus some.

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi! This just started for me today as well, worked fine ever since we had the car on 04/22/21 and today it wouldn’t work. Same issue as everyone else. Liftgate won’t work, but glass does. When you hit the liftgate button the amber lights flash, but nothing else. I would love if anyone had a fix to this or any other tips or tricks to get it to work. I have tried everything in this thread plus some.
Did you get the multiple honks to register? Sorry, I don't know the technical term in the manual. :) This is quite the issue it seems like. Hopefully we can all get to the bottom of this.

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Did you get the multiple honks to register? Sorry, I don't know the technical term in the manual. :) This is quite the issue it seems like. Hopefully we can all get to the bottom of this.
Good Morning! No, I wasn’t able to get that to register as I wasn’t sure what you meant by that. The only thing I could think of was if you leave a door slightly open and try to lock it with the fob it honks twice. That’s not what you are referring to, is it?

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Good Morning! No, I wasn’t able to get that to register as I wasn’t sure what you meant by that. The only thing I could think of was if you leave a door slightly open and try to lock it with the fob it honks twice. That’s not what you are referring to, is it?
I’ll have to read the manual again to try and explain what I was trying to say. I saw it in there somewhere. I don’t think my doors were open when getting the honks. It did work immediately after and has worked since. I’ll update you when I find it.

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
I’ll have to read the manual again to try and explain what I was trying to say. I saw it in there somewhere. I don’t think my doors were open when getting the honks. It did work immediately after and has worked since. I’ll update you when I find it.
Thank you! If you find it the Manual let me know what pages/section. I’ll do some digging to see if I can find it too. Thanks again for your help!

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
Got a software update today! we shall see if it resolves the rear liftgate, aka trunk, aka hatch debacle

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Ok so I don’t have any info on how to fix the issue, but I wanted to document that I can again, as of this week, unlock the lift gate with the fob in my pocket. Also, I have not updated sync. Kinda strange, but I am happy it works as it used to.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I have a similarly odd situation. I often leave the fob on the console and the doors unlocked. Three time so far I go to open the driver’s door and it’s locked, but only the driver’s. It’s weird when my wife is getting in the passenger door while I’m punching in the code on the keypad to let myself in.

DonD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hyundai Sonata,1989 Bronco II
I think i finally solved this issue. I have been messing around with it for week trying different things, Last night i decided to using the key fob to open the lift gate i hit the button 2x it opened i closed it locked the truck and tried the button and to my surprise and joy it opened! I hope this works for other people, I know i missed being able to open the hatch without having to unlock the truck first/

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
I think i finally solved this issue. I have been messing around with it for week trying different things, Last night i decided to using the key fob to open the lift gate i hit the button 2x it opened i closed it locked the truck and tried the button and to my surprise and joy it opened! I hope this works for other people, I know i missed being able to open the hatch without having to unlock the truck first/
Jumping Hell!!! It works. At least I tried it twice. Thank you so much. I would like to post this on another forum giving you credit.

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
Sponsored