ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just wondering how many of us are in the Desert Club?
Ordered Feb 10/21, Built June 11/21 has been sitting in the desert ever since. NO explanation from Ford.
Oxford White, Badlands with Badlands Package & Co Pilot 360+
Current ETA Nov 3/21
I’m in Ontario Canada.
I’m in the same boat as you. Ordered 3/13, in production 6/22 and now ETA 10/31 sitting there waiting for a chip. Now I’m seeing people with same builds getting theirs now when they ordered in April and although I’m happy that people are finally getting theirs, its unfair to the people that ordered earlier.
Sponsored

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
There is currently a recall of all Bronco Sports built between May 12 and July 25 for a fuel leak issue and according to the NHTSA regulations they can not leave the factory until the repair is made if they are still there. Ford doesn't expect to have a replacement part available from the manufacturer of it until sometime in mid September. Recall affects Bronco Sports, Escape, and Lincoln Corsair. Ford will probably send the replacement parts to dealers for vehicles already on the road that are affected first before repairing the ones that haven't left the factory yet. My Badlands was ordered March 11 and built on June 21 and was sitting waiting for a chip before the recall was announced. Delivery date is now down as 11/03. Sitting in the desert waiting for a chip and then recalled for a fuel problem before it even has its first full tank of gas.
I called Ford and asked about this and they said they will send the car to the dealerships to fix the recall there. Its very possible that the rep I spoke to was mistaken though.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It seems that all of us who ordered in March got screwed royally. If you ordered before or after you are all on schedule.

M&M

Badlands
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
It seems that all of us who ordered in March got screwed royally. If you ordered before or after you are all on schedule.
I ordered in October 2020 and am also stuck without a chip. I think it’s just all of the early June builds that got screwed regardless of when you ordered.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I ordered in October 2020 and am also stuck without a chip. I think it’s just all of the early June builds that got screwed regardless of when you ordered.
I think you are correct with the build dates being more of a problem than order date, its probably just coincidence that many of the March orders happen to become June builds.

GBECK

Outer Banks
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Internet
Just wondering how many of us are in the Desert Club?
Ordered Feb 10/21, Built June 11/21 has been sitting in the desert ever since. NO explanation from Ford.
Oxford White, Badlands with Badlands Package & Co Pilot 360+
Current ETA Nov 3/21
I’m in Ontario Canada.
Ordered 3/11/21, Built and moved to desert 6/10/21, estimated delivery 11/3.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
BB order placed in June. Never any word from Ford on build date if at all. Canceled order and bought OB from dealer a couple hours away. Big dealers get inventory in. Small dealers do not get anything.

Wolf clan

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ordered 3/2, in production 6/15, Black on black, big bend, co 360 assist + with moon roof. ETA 10/25 - 10/31 Maybe.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I called Ford and asked about this and they said they will send the car to the dealerships to fix the recall there. Its very possible that the rep I spoke to was mistaken though.
The Rep is wrong and either isn't aware of the federal law or is just trying to make you feel a little more at ease. It's against federal law for the factory to send the vehicle to the dealership without this being fixed first to the tune of a $20k fine per vehicle. Talked to the owner of my dealership, who I've known for over 25 years, and he said that the recall puts an immediate "Do Not Ship" order on any affected vehicles still at the factory until they are repaired at the factory.

KhanAdda

Badlands
First Name
John B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
I ordered an Oxford White BL+BL with with 360+, the steely/Aluminum rims and the cargo management system on May 2. Got a cancellation call from my dealer about 3 weeks ago. Was told I MIGHT be able to get a 2022 in Mar 2022. About a week later I grudgingly looked at a Cherokee Trailhawk and was pleasantly surprised after all the bashing I'd read about it. I got a full load from the showroom floor with leather vented seats. I paid about $3,000 less than I would have paid for the BL+BL. Got about 1,900km on it now. I love the 4-low, locking rear diff and the vented seats. And, most importantly, I was able to drive it off the lot the same day I did my test drive. The only desert this one will see is one I take it to (Though that's not too likely on the west coast of Canada).

If you're committed to the BS, then stay the course, but I have not been disappointed with the Cherokee - and I was really, really looking forward to my BL+BL. The Cherokee's an option to consider if you're tired of the endless wait and want something that's available now, because even the Cherokee's might be hard to get soon with the ongoing shortages. As a plus, they're built in Detroit for those who want to support American workers. And mine has been a decent 4x4 too.

That's my two cents as someone formerly frustrated with the endless BS wait.

BigBendBuck

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I second the luck, dealer roulette, and not hesitating to sign the papers response. I'll add a having to stomach going over MSRP, too, as that was part of my experience. (Worth it so far.)
Agreed. I got really lucky. I wasn’t even at the dealer for it. Nor did I anticipate how hard they would be to find.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
The Rep is wrong and either isn't aware of the federal law or is just trying to make you feel a little more at ease. It's against federal law for the factory to send the vehicle to the dealership without this being fixed first to the tune of a $20k fine per vehicle. Talked to the owner of my dealership, who I've known for over 25 years, and he said that the recall puts an immediate "Do Not Ship" order on any affected vehicles still at the factory until they are repaired at the factory.
Interesting. I just spoke with a technician for Maserati in Omaha and that is exactly what they are doing. They have cars sitting in the dealership not able to do anything with.

Wolf clan

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I sent an email to ford no reply as of yet, also let the dealership know that I did that they tried to follow up still no response.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Interesting. I just spoke with a technician for Maserati in Omaha and that is exactly what they are doing. They have cars sitting in the dealership not able to do anything with.
This is not a normal year for anything. Ford is doing what it can to get cars on the road. If that entails putting incomplete vehicles with outstanding recalls on lots to be fixed as dealer parts become available it can be done. The notion that it's illegal does not fit this narrative. Knowing the module is missing this is not a transfer of sale it's moving s vehicle to a lot from a different lot. It cannot be sold until the module is complete and the recall repaired. Millions of vehicles have been sold only to have a recall after market. This is misinformation. They can move them TBD.
Sponsored