It’s official: we have hit the big time!

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I was leaving Loews when I saw a Jeep parked next to me. He had that sticker I hate where Calvin is peeing on a different auto makers symbol. But this one caught my eye as it was Calvin peeing on the word Bronco.

The owner showed up just as I finished putting my stuff away and I asked, “does that include Bronco Sports?” and he laughed and said “fuck yeah!”

I’ve never been prouder to own this vehicle!
Haters be hatein’.
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I didn't mean to make it seem like I was comparing Baby Bronco and Wrangler, certainly the Wrangler is a more capable car and its not even close.

I was comparing The Sport to like the Jeep Compass and Cherokee. I have extended seat time in the Compass and the differences were pretty clear.
You are rock straight on. The baby b beats them.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
There was a recent question about what people thought about the Sport on the 6G forum from someone that was thinking about getting a Sport rather than wait forever for a full size. Compared to a couple of years ago, the responses now were much more positive. There are more families that now have both. There are several that have been on both forums so that helps. There are still the one's that feel that someone pissed on their toes by calling the Sport a Bronco but who really cares what it is called. I didn't buy it for it's name.
I condisered letting my ordered 2023 go when I bought a used Badlands and getting a full size. My wife loved the used Sport and decided she would like it for herself. But the ford dealerships can all go Fu** themselves even with used ones on the lot and pricing. Especially when a used Gladiator is reasonably priced by me, and would save a few thousand dollars. Part of me wanted a more capable vehicle that has options for add on"s. I guess I have a whole 2 weeks to decide lol. It has shipped with an ETA of 01/26-02/01. In the end I will probably keep it. I havent had a new car for myself in a Long time. That was always reserved for the family vehicle to keep my wife and kids in a safe reliable vehicle.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Seems to be more full size at or near MSRP in the Detroit area. I’m keeping my full size order with Granger and will wait it out. Sounds like Ford is going put more restrictions on parts this week for the full size. Specifically, the hardtop, SAS, and Lux. This whole waiting for the next shoe to fall is getting old. Glad I bought my Badlands Sport when I did from Granger. I can afford to wait for now.

GoDolphins

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Love our 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands so far - 2600 miles and all but a few of those after upgrade to 245/65/r17 BFG AT KO2s.

I also currently own my 8th (built 2020 Gladiator Rubicon) and 9th (close to stock 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport as an RV toad) Jeeps. I am a fan of the big Bronco as well and don’t care what anyone else drives.

Many Jeeps do have both push button swaybar disconnect and push button lockers - depending on year and model. My Gladiator does. Whether or not Ford’s technology is better is not for me to say. I do think that until the big Bronco gets a straight front axle it won’t hold its own against Jeeps as a rock crawler - Fordyce, Rubicon, etc. I strongly agree that the Broncos are forcing Jeep to get better, to continuously improve; I think that’s great. I also would agree that overall Ford reliability beats Jeep.

Ford Bronco Sport It’s official: we have hit the big time! 0265AE48-77C7-40A7-B0C2-9B1462C7BA75

Ford Bronco Sport It’s official: we have hit the big time! 3D2AEA8E-79D2-4B40-8D72-2177615F2A08

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I was leaving Loews when I saw a Jeep parked next to me. He had that sticker I hate where Calvin is peeing on a different auto makers symbol. But this one caught my eye as it was Calvin peeing on the word Bronco.

The owner showed up just as I finished putting my stuff away and I asked, “does that include Bronco Sports?” and he laughed and said “fuck yeah!”

I’ve never been prouder to own this vehicle!
I love Jeeps and have had several. Doesn’t mean I can’t love another brand. Silly! And I’d have to say that if I was considering the expanse of a Wrangler again, I’d absolutely have to compare it to the Bronco for some serious consideration. Haters gonna hate.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I was out javalina hunting this week, and my buddy took his UTV on some pretty knarly trails. Mesquite, sand, steep washes, steep hills. He kept saying I couldn't do this in my Bronco Sport Badlands. When he got tired of hunting, I took my Sport and did the same trails. I had no trouble, but I did trim a couple of mesquites, because I'm not quite ready to put NM pinstriping on it. I had (and loved) a Jeep Liberty diesel before this, and it was very capable off-road with a 1-1/2" lift and KO2 tires.. I wasn't sure how my stock Badlands would do, but I am now very impressed. I got 26 mpg on the trip overall, and 32 mpg on the interstate going home with a tailwind. Way better mileage than the Jeep.
Sponsored