Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
This is what I was hoping for. Looks good. Hope it can maintain a solid mpg with the lift and bigger tires
Bigger tires have an adverse affect on the fuel economy, with the 2.0 Eco I do not have an idea of how much but there will be some...

As for the tires just make sure that you are staying P rated and not delving into the C D or E ratings as the sidewall stiffens the weight per tire increases..
Sponsored

Hawk

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
So after looking at each one carefully (each concept) it appears the 31"s fit without the lift. Per the description on the Patrol concept. It has the 31”s with no lift.
Ford Bronco Sport Introducing the Bronco Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept 1597364776572
That's how I read it, too. I hope this is correct, as a tire swap on the Badlands without an aftermarket lift kit might be ideal for me. I don't really need the MT tires from the Trail Rig Concept. AT will be fine for me, although the MT tires do look good.

Based on what I could find on Tire Rack, the tires on this Patrol concept might be either LT245/70r17 (30.5") or LT245/75r17 (31.5"). Both have a 7" rim width, which lines up with the Falken Wildpeaks that come on the Badlands models.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
That's how I read it, too. I hope this is correct, as a tire swap on the Badlands without an aftermarket lift kit might be ideal for me. I don't really need the MT tires from the Trail Rig Concept. AT will be fine for me, although the MT tires do look good.

Based on what I could find on Tire Rack, the tires on this Patrol concept might be either LT245/70r17 (30.5") or LT245/75r17 (31.5"). Both have a 7" rim width, which lines up with the Falken Wildpeaks that come on the Badlands models.
We'll have to see how much wheel travel room there is with a tire that size. The other concept (Cyber Orange one) clearly says an aftermarket 1" lift, so while the larger tire might fit, if you're doing offroad with it, you may need the lift for wheel travel.

So many things we still need to see... :D

Grove_LA

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
Bigger tires have an adverse affect on the fuel economy, with the 2.0 Eco I do not have an idea of how much but there will be some...

As for the tires just make sure that you are staying P rated and not delving into the C D or E ratings as the sidewall stiffens the weight per tire increases..
Yea it’s gonna affect it for sure but at least it will still be better than my 12 mpg in my F-150

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Yea it’s gonna affect it for sure but at least it will still be better than my 12 mpg in my F-150
Ouch! I use to get that in my 2012 5.0 with 3.73's and bigger tires... I have a 2018 Platty now with 3.5 Eco and overall average 19.5 with 3.55 rear...

Grove_LA

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
Ouch! I use to get that in my 2012 5.0 with 3.73's and bigger tires... I have a 2018 Platty now with 3.5 Eco and overall average 19.5 with 3.55 rear...
Yea that’s why I’m looking for a good daily driver with some rugged capability. I like the explorer too. It gets good gas mileage for how big it is but think the sport works the best for everyday driving and I’ll keep the truck for moving stuff and towing.

Still have to get a true feel for how big the sport is and if it will work with the two pups that are usually going with me and the gf around town.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
I am waiting as well the mannequin units should be out soon.

I just looked an they picked them up ( ready to process the orders) but they are unscheduled clean (build-able but needing a VIN and materials)..

Like to see them in a couple months to drive and get a feel for it...

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I was thinking about these concept vehicles lately (I suppose because of the Bronco Overland concept that was recently shown). I suppose with any of these (including the Bronco), they are just trying to stir your imagination, not giving you something you could buy at initial purchase.

Then it looks like you work from an accessories list. Apart from the post to this forum back in August, it doesn't look like anything has been officially released yet).

Is that how you see it? (since I still cannot order yet, I don't suppose it matters much but still thinking)

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW, on the Bronco Nation Forum, "CycloneChaser" posted his own concept vehicle: A Bronco Sport Storm Chaser. It's all done in photoshop but as a ham radio EmComm guy, this one looks interesting.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
BRONCO SPORT BADLANDS TRAIL RIG CONCEPT

For adventurers looking to elevate their off-road trekking in a small, rugged 4x4, the Bronco Sport Trail Rig amps up the Badlands series model by adding 31-inch BFGoodrich™ Mud-Terrain T/A®KM3 tires, a one-inch lift kit, plus Ford Performance by RIGID LED off-road lights mounted to a front nudge bar. On top, a Yakima LockNLoad Platform roof rack and off-road gear mounts are designed to carry gear like a high-lift jack kit, Ford Performance recovery boards and jerry cans.

BUILD SPECIFICATIONS:
• Yakima LockNLoad Platform roof rack​
• Yakima LockNLoad recovery/off-road gear mounts​
• Yakima HD Bar crossbars​
• Yakima LockNLoad high-lift jack and axe holders​
• Ford Performance recovery boards, jerry cans.​

CONCEPT CUSTOM PARTS AND ADVENTURE GEAR SHOWN:
• 31-inch BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 tires (2.5 inches wider than stock)​
• Aftermarket one-inch lift kit​
• Front nudge bar​
• Ford Performance by RIGID LED off-road lights​
• Jerry can, high-lift jack and axe.​

LEASE INFO (ACCESSORIES):
• Leased Broncos and Bronco Sports can pick up accessories on a residual basis, so lessees will pay a small amount up front for add-ons and then just return them with the vehicle at the end of the lease.​

Ford Bronco Sport Introducing the Bronco Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept Bronco-Sport-Trail-Rig-Concept

Ford Bronco Sport Introducing the Bronco Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept ford-bronco-sport-trail-rig-101-1597269939

Ford Bronco Sport Introducing the Bronco Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept ford-bronco-sport-trail-rig-102-1597269942

Ford Bronco Sport Introducing the Bronco Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept ford-bronco-sport-trail-rig-103-1597269942

Ford Bronco Sport Introducing the Bronco Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept ford-bronco-sport-trail-rig-104-1597269938

Ford Bronco Sport Introducing the Bronco Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept Bronco_Day_07

Ford Bronco Sport Introducing the Bronco Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept 2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-9

Ford Bronco Sport Introducing the Bronco Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept IMG_70531

VIDEO

Super sexy stuff... posts like this keep me jacked up about the Sport!!! Great post and thank you.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Hi, that was actually my "Bronco Storm Chase" chase concept vehicle. Thanks for posting.

We work as volunteer EMS operators, National Weather Service storm spotters and I'm also a journalist who specializes in storm coverage. We are not the "fake" scientists you often see on TV....lol. My homepage is here: http://www.stormchaser.com

I actually decided to change the color to the Cyber-Orange from Black to avoid making the vehicle look too "law enforcement" because with all the antennas and gear, I got some weird, uncomfortable comments while hurricane chasing this year in my old (but still running) Xterra. It's black with antennas, etc.

I have not had time yet to construct an updated concept image, but the additions will include an led light bar, front brush guard, dealer lift kit, flat roof rack with Rotopax mounts and some emergency yellow LED strobes hidden in the tail lamps. The usual communication and radar equipment will be mounted inside. I'm assuming there will be enough room for our drone, EMS and camera gear.

The big question will be delivery date and funding. I hope to have the vehicle by April to have time to build the concept. I pay for the vehicles on my own and 2020 has been a disaster for business. This is likely be both my personal and chase vehicle since I have no choice.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...with all the antennas and gear...
I would be interested in thoughts on radio and antennas. I'm a ham (K7JRT) and ACS volunteer with our county's Dept of Emergency Management. I want to get radio and some lights in the rig as well. It will take some thought where to put things.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I'll likely add the flat roof rack first, then position the antennas on the top towards the back, like I did on my Xterra so there is no problem with the antennas and the rack. I'm assuming it's metal so drilling the 3/8" holes won't be a problem. I use a remote control head on the 2m /440 radio and mount it to the top of the windshield via a suction cup rack. I'll past some pics once it all comes together, hopefully.

I also wire a (fused) 12v. power main into the cabin directly from the battery to a separate fuse box / distribution point to add accessories like a radar detector, 4k dash cam, etc.

The other important gadget I always add is a pager alarm system with a LED information screen on the remote that will show if the doors are locked. This is great, for example, if you walk inside and want to confirm you locked the vehicle.

The Sport is a gadget friendly and that will be great for storm chasing. Now I just need to start selling everything I don't need around the home to pay for it!

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Here is my updated image for our Bronco Sport Storm Chase Interceptor.

(Original image with permission by Matt St-Pierre - Motor Illustrated - Concept additions by Warren Faidley)

Ford Bronco Sport Introducing the Bronco Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept Ford-Bronco-Storm-Chasing-Concept-sm

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is my updated image for our Bronco Sport Storm Chase Interceptor.

(Original image with permission by Matt St-Pierre - Motor Illustrated - Concept additions by Warren Faidley)
This is brilliant. I’d love to kit mine out in a similar fashion
Ford Bronco Sport Introducing the Bronco Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept Ford-Bronco-Storm-Chasing-Concept-sm
Sponsored